Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why only 2 Oscs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkpcola wrote:
Hmmm...
My Korg PA2XPro has 120 voices provided by 120 oscillators.
I can use up to 16 oscillators per program/sound ; each oscillator has its own parameters(LFO, etc). I can layer up to 3 sounds plus one sound for left hand play(with or without arranger function).
I wonder giving the same sound engine as M3, which is EDS, why PA2Xpro has different oscillators set up..
What about new synth engine for Kronos that give similar setup?
New synth engine could be called DNC-1? Very Happy

With respect to the PA2XPro and it's excellent performance/style features, this is a very, VERY different beast to Kronos's synthesizer engines.

Apart from the enormous gulf between the sophostication of editing on OASYS/KRONOS synthesizer engines and the PA series, you are comparing essentially what is the PA's 'combi' equivalent mode to an individual program on the Kronos. Kronos too can layer many different sounds all on the same midi channel to give gigantic combinations.

We're talking about something altogether different - a sound design approach, using synthesizer oscillators.

If we really want to talk about layering oscillators, MOD-7 through a combination of polyphonic unison and combi mode could layer up to 300 oscillators if you so choose. And of course with 4 LFO's per voice that's over 200 LFO's in operation too. But this isn't the discussion. The original post is looking for a subtractive synthesis capability with more thab 2 oscillator per voice, and MOD-7 can provide this (up to 6), in simple program mode and with the full power of the MOD-7 synthesizer engine behind them, and with very low aliasing oscillators. The PA2XPro is simply not in this arena or ball-park.

Kevin.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biopharmer wrote:
Okay, nice! Sounds awesome. Yeah, I was surprised by what I heard from Mike Conway's videos. I especially like patches like the Woodbox Bass patch or Stack Bass patch or Two ClassicBasses.....

Korg should do a synthpop demo of the Kronos. Erasure/Depeche Mode style.

I read that, so I made this synthpop song, using some of those demo sounds. (Woodbox Bass, Ancient Memories, Prizmatic 5ths, etc.) I apologize for my sucky voice, which I will have to replace. Imagine Dave Gahan singing and this could be really cool. Very Happy

"Dark Angel"

Partially inspired after recently watching LET ME IN, about the vampire girl who falls for the boy. The actual video is from an indie movie that I directed and starred in, years back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: