Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ensoniq relaunch real contender to Kronos or not real at all
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
average_male

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:35 am    Post subject: Ensoniq relaunch real contender to Kronos or not real at all Reply with quote

Anyone hear of Ensoniq being relaunched in 2011? If so, should we hold off on purchasing anything new until all the cards are on the table? Or is this simply a myth fabricated by the Ensoniq cult? I see a Wiki entry and some YouTube videos talking about this "come back": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlzrguVs2BM

Anyone?
robinkle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Korg as a well established Company with alot of resources and they pushed them selves in making kronos by using all their technology they have developed through the years. I have my doubts about a revived Ensoniq giving Korg competition on their flagship keyboard.
But I wonder if this is true and it would be interessting to see what products Ensoniq would come up with.Smile
kday

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Ensoniq would comeback in their old spirit of innovative ASR-10, MR-61 updated 2011 versions of those keyboards.
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revived Ensoniq could stir up some s**t in the synthesizer market. In a positive way. I hope for that, at least!
WorknMan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be like computers released today with a Commodore label on it, having absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the older products, or designed by any of the same people.
ozy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taking the forum to new heights:

a) first we discussed for 15 days a not-yet-existing synth from a known producer, based on a 40 words teaser

b) now we'll try guessing if a synth is worth buying while:

* the producer's existence is just a rumour
* and the synth has not been announced (of course)
* and no communication has been done about it.

First we took Metaphysics, next we'll take ESP!!! Shocked

Let's thake this thread to 103 pages!!! Thumbs Up
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WorknMan wrote:
It'll be like computers released today with a Commodore label on it, having absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the older products, or designed by any of the same people.

Kind of like the "Oberheim" OB-12 I used to own. Other than the name, nothing to do with the original.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
gjvti

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Ensoniq relaunch real contender to Kronos or not real at Reply with quote

average_male wrote:
...If so, should we hold off on purchasing anything new until all the cards are on the table? .Anyone?

Very Happy cards on table? ... you know, on 1012 there will be other product launches as well ... and so on ... so wait ... forever ....
AK-Jake

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't seem to be too bogus of a lie...Wikipedia says on their Ensoniq page:

"In January 1998, ENSONIQ Corp. was acquired by Creative Technology Ltd. for $77 million. The fusion with E-mu Systems and Creative Labs after a long 12 year hiatus Creative Labs USA announces the return for Ensoniq for 2011, with special team of designers and youth marketers."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ensoniq

Doing a search on the topic generates a lot of buzz, but almost all of it seems to be based around the buzz from Wikipedia. And before everyone gets all over-excited, remember that Wiki isn't really a super-credible source, because it's open-source and anyone can add/subtract/edit existing articles. I'm not saying that Wiki is a bunch of BS, I'm just saying that until an official announcement is made, don't get your hopes up too high yet. There also appears to be a working website at http://www.ensoniq.com

Ensoniq returns? How cool would that be?
iixorbiusii

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Jerry, ex Korg, work for Ensoniq... Wink
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "working website" looks like an umbrella site over a collective of 3rd party companies selling respectively: parts (chips), software, peripheral devices (disk drives) and used gear.

It is interesting that they've got the .com site. If ensoniq is coming back it makes me wonder who's got their other possible domain names...

Wonder if some research at godaddy.com would reveal someone buying up the ensoniq brand name(s)?

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
MoonMusic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to watch the youtube video but couldn't get past the rambling...If it actually had anything to do with Ensoniq, he took to long to get to the point....I was devastated when Ensoniq got bought out by Creative....I think anything Creative puts out will be nothing like an actual Ensoniq product...Just the name will be on it....Just like when I bought the "Sounds Of The ZR" for my Proteus 2000 I was so excited!....Until I put it in and started going through the patches, it sounded NOTHING like a real ZR...I felt ripped off...This news wouldn't excite me unless the original "gang" got together to put out something new....
EJ2
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iixorbiusii wrote:
Didn't Jerry, ex Korg, work for Ensoniq... Wink

Yep.

Quote:
Director of Marketing
Ensoniq Corp
(Music industry)
1989 — 1996 (7 years )
Ran all Marketing activities (creating collateral sales materials, advertising, packaging, promotions, clinic tours, manuals etc.). Also managed the team who did all the sound development and artist relations, as well as being deeply involved in all product development.

CATALYST v 2 Blast of Inspiration for KRONOS & OASYS: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst2.html
CATALYST v 1 Combi Explosion for KRONOS, OASYS, M3, & K-M50: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst1.html
CHEMISTRY 3, a Groove Injection for Your Karma: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/chem3.html
SoundCloud MP3 Demoshttps://soundcloud.com/ej2-sc
average_male

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

performing a WhoIs-Lookup, this is what was uncovered:

Quote:
Administrative Contact , Technical Contact :
DeVorss, Brad
bdevorss@creativelabs.com
1901 McCarthy Blvd
Milpitas, CA 95035
US
Phone: 405-742-2303

Record expires on 14-Jun-2011
Record created on 15-Jun-1992
Database last updated on 15-Apr-2010

Domain servers in listed order: Manage DNS

NS1.CREATIVE.COM 216.137.18.1
NS2.CREATIVE.COM 198.95.32.4

Looks like we will know more this coming June 15th.

Regardless, this seems to be a fake, as Wiki stated "Ensoniq announces its relaunch plans for 2011", if this is the case and this company announces something, then there should be some traceability, but we don't have that in this case; going to the Creative/Emu site, there is no mention of this "announcement". I call BS on this. If Intel announces a new product/chip, you will find a credible source of the announcement.

END OF LINE - nothing more is to be said, other than I am pissed off and feel like cracking some skulls.
T7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic is just plain dumb. How is the notion of a new Ensoniq product in any way relevant in the context of the Kronos? If there is any validity to Creative making new gear under their Ensoniq brand, it will likely be a line of cheap plastic USB keyboard controllers or a new rebadged Creative soundcard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: