Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AX3000G Midi to PC Setup problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MisterSkiff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: AX3000G Midi to PC Setup problems Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I might be missing something really obvious here but I'm having a bit of trouble connecting my AX3000G to my PC. I've followed all the instructions in the manual, and those given on the AX3000G sound editor but whenever I attempt a MIDI setup I get a message saying "MIDI error occurred, check the cables and MIDI interface". I'm connecting via a brand new USB to MIDI interface cable and I've been through everything I can think of.

It's on the correct channel, Global settings appear to be correct, the cable is working (I've tested it on a MIDI keyboard controller that I have), downloaded the latest KORG USB MIDI driver tools, and the installer there just tells me no device is connected.

current settings:

MIDI input and output both set to USB/MIDI cable

USB/MID Iinterface IN cable - AX3000G OUT socket.
USB/MIDI interface OUT cable - AX3000G IN socket.

MIDI CH: 1
PCHG OUT: on
CCHG I/O: on
SYEX OUT: on

Thanks in advance!
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the interface cable you have?

There have been problems in the past with some of the dirt cheap ones which seem to have trouble transmitting or receiving dense sysex messages. Particularly, microKorg users have noted that they can get notes to go in and out fine but can't use the software editor.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
MisterSkiff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply,

It was a cheap/budget cable, found it on eBay here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-MIDI-Interface-Cable-Converter-Keyboard-PC-/260726942691?pt=Midi_Controllers&hash=item3cb4896be3 (note: mine was about £3, the seller has put the price up to £9 since). Is there a specific type/brand I should look out for?
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used the E-MU XMIDI 1x1 with my old microKorg without any problem.

Unfortunately I no longer have either so can't test it with my AX3000B. Actually I didn't even know there was editing software. I do most of my editing on all my equipment straight on the machine without a computer except to back things up/save/share.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
longi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: AX3000G Midi to PC Setup problems Reply with quote

MisterSkiff wrote:
Hi everyone,

I might be missing something really obvious here but I'm having a bit of trouble connecting my AX3000G to my PC. I've followed all the instructions in the manual, and those given on the AX3000G sound editor but whenever I attempt a MIDI setup I get a message saying "MIDI error occurred, check the cables and MIDI interface". I'm connecting via a brand new USB to MIDI interface cable and I've been through everything I can think of.

It's on the correct channel, Global settings appear to be correct, the cable is working (I've tested it on a MIDI keyboard controller that I have), downloaded the latest KORG USB MIDI driver tools, and the installer there just tells me no device is connected.

current settings:

Thanks in advance!

I think you have the midi connections the wrong way round, on my midi/usb converter the in goes to the in and the out goes to the out. Mine is an M-Audio uno for the record and that's how it connects to my pc.
MisterSkiff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: AX3000G Midi to PC Setup problems Reply with quote

Quote:
I think you have the midi connections the wrong way round, on my midi/usb converter the in goes to the in and the out goes to the out. Mine is an M-Audio uno for the record and that's how it connects to my pc.

Thanks but already tried that, same result either way :-S
MisterSkiff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
I've used the E-MU XMIDI 1x1 with my old microKorg without any problem.

Unfortunately I no longer have either so can't test it with my AX3000B. Actually I didn't even know there was editing software. I do most of my editing on all my equipment straight on the machine without a computer except to back things up/save/share.

Thanks for the info, I thought being able to edit on my PC would be a nice thing to have, but it's pretty non-essential for my needs also. I'd guess it probably is the cable I bought that's the culprit (seen as it works on every other MIDI device I have).
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: AX3000G Midi to PC Setup problems Reply with quote

longi wrote:
MisterSkiff wrote:
Hi everyone,

current settings:

Thanks in advance!

Just to be clear, on 99% of USB-MIDI interfaces, In does go to Out and vice versa.

Reason being That it is I/O of the PC, it isn't just an I/O for a single synth or MIDI equipment, you could actually connect a chain of several things, or even have them going to completely different devices (controller on the In, synth module on the Out, for example).

USB-MIDI interface gives MIDI ports to your PC, rather than 'gives USB to your synth[/i].

Anyway, I'll see if I can dig out my XMIDI and try it with my AX3000B but I can't make any promises....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: