Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should I be able to hear PX5D through computer speakers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zippy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Should I be able to hear PX5D through computer speakers? Reply with quote

I am new to this concept of home recording etc. I installed my PX5D drivers and programs on my Win7 x64 PC. Everything installed fine and I can use the Sound Editor to change things and can download patches to the unit. But I can't play through the PC. No sound. Is this intended? I use the USB cable to connect. I can use the unit through my amps with the output jack so the unit is working. Just no sound through the PC. There also is no sound coming from the live 6 program when I play the sample songs. So I'm wondering if there is a "switch" somewhere I've missed.
Thanks,
--Michael
zippy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it true? Have I stumped the forum? No one knows if the px5d can be heard through the computer speakers using the provided USB cable?
piejar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course you will be able. I'll check later and give you some help.
arutneva

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone figured this out?
I just bought a PX5D and I'm trying to record through the USB port using Audacity, but no sound comes through the computer.

Also, on the sound properties for Win 7 Pro it only sees the PX5D as a playback device, not a recording device. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
Thanks.
arutneva

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I figured it out Very Happy

So this is what worked for me:
1. Go to the control panel and open the sound settings
2. In my setup I could see the PX5D as an option in the playback tab, but NOT on the recording tab.
3. To solve this go to the recording tab, right click in the box and check "Show Disabled Devices". Now you should see the PX5D, but it is disabled
4. Right click on the icon of the PX5D and select enabled
5. Click OK and that is it.

I spend 5hrs trying to figure this out.. hopefully this saves some other persons time

BTW I'm using Win 7 Pro x64
zippy

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Great. That got me some signal through the computer speakers. I also had to enable "listen to this device" to get it to work on mine. But the only problem I have now is there is a delay between my guitar strum and the sound from the speakers. It's like a quarter to half second delay. It's kind of hard to play that way. Any ideas there?
Thanks again for your help.
Kilaana

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arutneva, a thousand million thanks for posting that fix! I just got a PX5D and had the exact same problem. Changing settings and reinstalling drivers didn't help. Then I came here and found your post. Your 5 hour struggle in Korg/Microsoft hell just saved me a bunch of time. Thanks!!
deltapancake

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arutneva wrote:
OK. I figured it out Very Happy

So this is what worked for me:
1. Go to the control panel and open the sound settings
2. In my setup I could see the PX5D as an option in the playback tab, but NOT on the recording tab.
3. To solve this go to the recording tab, right click in the box and check "Show Disabled Devices". Now you should see the PX5D, but it is disabled
4. Right click on the icon of the PX5D and select enabled
5. Click OK and that is it.

I spend 5hrs trying to figure this out.. hopefully this saves some other persons time

BTW I'm using Win 7 Pro x64

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR THIS! I don't think I would have figured this out despite the hours of tinkering with different drivers.
tritonesub

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks dude you are the man... this had me stumped why it wouldnt show up in recording devices.. thought i would have to wait for another driver update

btw i used cool edit 96 for years... but it wont work now on win 7 64bit... is audacity the closest thing out there? ... anyone figure out how to use cool edit 96 on win 7?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: