Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Support KORG Forums by making a donation.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikemolloyuk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
mikemolloyuk wrote:
My pleasure to keep the coffers topped up. Sad that Korg wont put their hands in their pockets and give a big donation.

I'd love to be proved wrong that they are interested in users mate, but its a sales driven company at the end of the day, and support is low on their priority.

Not with the people in the company that I know. That includes many of the fine folks at Korg UK.

Best regards,

- Dan

Dan

I was the support at Korg UK for 8 years, you know that. There are many fine people in the USA also doing good work, but you have to realise that support and service in the UK operation is an afterthought. Its not a priority within that organisation.

Korg is a sell, sell, sell company. Not a look after it's customers company. I know this very well as management in the UK wern't interested in any serious improvements to support. You only have to look at the UK Support site which by some miracle is stlll there, but has not been updated in nearly a year...

Dan, I'm sure you are happy in your job but beware, Jerry lost his..... Mike H lost his..... people are really against Korg now through it's own decisions, not through anything that inividuals do. Will you be as positive when you have to look for something else to do when after you devoted all your career from way before you worked at Korg and put all your efforts into being a musician and all that experience you gathered to realise that Korg are not interested in you as a musician because you are not sales driven and expendable.... I doubt it....fine.. I earn way more now than I did with Korg and now laugh along with others (including staff) at the bafoons who make decisions in the UK.

I used to defend Korg here when I worked for them, but its a bit pointless in here. Korg needed to have donated to this site when Daz asked a while ago for help. He left because he was pi**ed off with Korgs attitude.

Maybe its Korgs intention to want this forum to fold?

After all if this forum is not here no one can have a negative opinion about them.. right?

Ex Korg UK Technical Support 2002 - 2010

Forum Moderator since 2011

When Words Fail, Music Speaks
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James,

Instead of pulling the plug which adversely affects all users, why not put a 20 day countdown timer up, after which time the banner headline will be changed to read

"Korg Forums ... Sponsored by Lionstracs"

That is unless some other company or major distributor steps in with sponsorship beforehand Smile

As it is, I will file the donation I just made under "donations to charities" so I can recover the tax.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Sherratt wrote:
James,

Instead of pulling the plug which adversely affects all users, why not put a 20 day countdown timer up, after which time the banner headline will be changed to read

"Korg Forums ... Sponsored by Lionstracs"

That is unless some other company or major distributor steps in with sponsorship beforehand Smile

As it is, I will file the donation I just made under "donations to charities" so I can recover the tax.

Cool Wacky ROFL Now that's funny.
Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Quote:
But if you pull the plug then we won't have anywhere to go to predict what the Kronos will be / how much it will cost / when it will be released! Lol

he..he...Yeah, maybe I should have done a count down timer or something before the donation page disappears. It worked for the Kronos and the 100 page thread

What you should do is randomly post a number, let's say........9. Then people will be madly guessing what this 9 could possibly mean. 9 synth engines? 9 giant keys? 9 sliders? Nope, it's 9 days left of Korg Forum!
I have some suggestions of other forums you could start up if you chose to close this one.

1. Cat flap forum - a place to discuss the latest cat flaps on the Market. Did you know that you can get cat flaps that read your cats microchip and only let your cat in? Amazing!

2. Jedward forums - anyone not familiar with Jedward need to google it now!

3. Korg forums forum - a place to discuss Korg forums before it was shut down

Of course, if you chose either of these I will expect some sort of "finders fee"
rtucker55

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp,

I didn't have much but I did the best I could.

Also, I want to say Thanks for everything!

Kind regards,
Rick
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikemolloyuk wrote:

Dan

I was the support at Korg UK for 8 years, you know that. There are many fine people in the USA also doing good work, but you have to realise that support and service in the UK operation is an afterthought. Its not a priority within that organisation.

Korg is a sell, sell, sell company. Not a look after it's customers company. I know this very well as management in the UK wern't interested in any serious improvements to support. You only have to look at the UK Support site which by some miracle is stlll there, but has not been updated in nearly a year...

Dan, I'm sure you are happy in your job but beware, Jerry lost his..... Mike H lost his..... people are really against Korg now through it's own decisions, not through anything that inividuals do. Will you be as positive when you have to look for something else to do when after you devoted all your career from way before you worked at Korg and put all your efforts into being a musician and all that experience you gathered to realise that Korg are not interested in you as a musician because you are not sales driven and expendable.... I doubt it....fine.. I earn way more now than I did with Korg and now laugh along with others (including staff) at the bafoons who make decisions in the UK.

I used to defend Korg here when I worked for them, but its a bit pointless in here. Korg needed to have donated to this site when Daz asked a while ago for help. He left because he was pi**ed off with Korgs attitude.

Maybe its Korgs intention to want this forum to fold?

After all if this forum is not here no one can have a negative opinion about them.. right?

+1.

I interviewed for your job in the UK which was downgraded to …. well... them wanting to pay peanuts and getting a Yes monkey. Still very bitter over that. There was no interest in wanting to incorporate the forums into KORG on an official level. It was seen as great.... it's free if you keep doing your thing, but if we give you a job, we don't want that to change. You keep running it for free, and during the day we will pay you monkey nuts to answer emails and take calls.

Did I turn it down... No. I found out from someone else they found another monkey to do it 2K cheaper than me.

Said WAYYYY more in this one post than I should have in the 10 years I've been posting at this site.

James.

Last edited by Sharp on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
singerbill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Done deal - all it takes is everyone just giving a little. Reply with quote

Loads and loads of great information and help here. Keep us all informed if you need more help. Thanks Sharp. Thanks to everyone for input. singerbill
TonyGen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Sharp, donation sent. Hope we have refilled the coffers enough to keep the Forum going a while longer.

I have received some invaluable information from other helpful Oasys users on this Forum over the last couple of years so thanks to all for that.

A great shame Mike Molloy isn't actually with Korg UK any more. He spent many (patient) telephone hours helping me set up the Oasys for live use. Can't thank you enough Mike.
PraiseTheLord

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done, thanks James for all you do. We would be lost without you and this forum.

Blessings
hermanmusic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done. Wish it could have been more.
ozy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
I just had a very naughty thought. lol... I know, darn extreme, but it did pop into my mind for a split second over the very poor turnout so far.

Sharp, let me say it is somehow your fault. Shocked Wink

be more clear. This is why I wrote to you before donating.

You have to make clear:

a) are you just bored because you had to pay the Nth small invoice in a bad day? Or did you evaluate the whole operation and came to the conclusion that it's too heavy for you?

hence:

b) is it 1000? 5000? 25000?

c) suppose it is 10.000. what did you expect/calculate: 1 buck for 10000 people? 100 * 100? 10 x 1000?

Have an idea, and share it on reasonable and of course not embarrassing terms,

ortherwise you'll have people who donated 2 bucks and think they are heroes and own the place and the problem is solved, and on the other hand people who donated 200 and feel like they did nothing serious.

When money is at stake, being clear (bordering on rude) is the nice thing to do.

You avoid "rude", you risk "resentful" [you, first of all - that you know it or not].

And this would be WRONG: you do a good job, you deserve not to lose money on it. we get space and tools. So let's everybody know how this works. many people here have no idea how money is made and lost [I noticed that when discussing prices and the like]

OR: I have NOTHING against your firm or brands advertising here. Nothing at all.

I've seen LLs (10 years old kids) wearing sponsored jersey, in order to finance the top team, which in exchange gives coaches to the kids for free.

Sorry for playing my usual "souless pennypincher" role, but... I'm not sorry at all.

I'd be sorry to lose the forum.

All the best

Ozy
mikemolloyuk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Sharp+1.

I interviewed for your job in the UK which was downgraded to …. well... them wanting to pay peanuts and getting a Yes monkey. Still very bitter over that. There was no interest in wanting to incorporate the forums into KORG on an official level. It was seen as great.... it's free if you keep doing your thing, but if we give you a job, we don't want that to change. You keep running it for free, and during the day we will pay you monkey nuts to answer emails and take calls.

Did I turn it down... No. I found out from someone else they found another monkey to do it 2K cheaper than me.

Said WAYYYY more in this one post than I should have in the 10 years I've been posting at this site.

James.[/quote]

I remember you telling me about the job fiasco at the time...!

At the end of the day, Korg will live or die by own its decisions and the freedom of the internet to express opinions and inform others of what happens will undo any good marketing that they can generate.

So I don’t think you have said Way too much here, In truth I think you have held back based on our conversations.

To avoid undoing good marketing by pointing out the flaws in the leadership, Korg may wish to embrace people such as yourself who are effectively filling a knowledge gap and use the resource effectively, but as they don’t you can read in to that what you about that management decision somewhere, I.E Daz's issues.

Did I read that there are 29,000 users registered here?

That’s 29,000 people who probably will buy more Korg gear in the future. So all said and done, if they read about the lack of help/support/poor management, where do Korg expect to generate more sales from?
Existing users may desert them in favour of more user friendly approaches from Rob at Lionstracks, so Rob you may get 29,000 sales from Korg. We can then all migrate over to Lionstracks forums.!

Seems odd for them to make decisions like this but hey... it's up to them.

Ex Korg UK Technical Support 2002 - 2010

Forum Moderator since 2011

When Words Fail, Music Speaks
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikemolloyuk wrote:
Existing users may desert them in favour of more user friendly approaches from Rob at Lionstracks, so Rob you may get 29,000 sales from Korg. We can then all migrate over to Lionstracks forums.!

Hi Mike,

Thank you for those kind thoughts.

It may seem strange me saying this, but I have divided loyalties and feelings just like James. I have been a Korg customer and collaborator for over 5 years and that is not easy to forget. I still enjoy playing and composing with both my M3 and Pa2x, and I am sure that the Kronos is a fantastic workstation which in another life I would drool for. After spending over 500 hours producing training videos for the Pa keyboards, I am still recovering some of the money I shelled out at the time, and I do not want to upset anybody.

In summary I am not in future going to comment on Korg products nor am I going to criticize people for buying Korg products. I will - as many have suggested - represent Lionstracs products on their own merits, and I will do so in appropriate forums (such as news) and in response to questions from prospective customers.

My apologies to any who feel I have overstepped the line, I will try to do better in future.

Best regards,
Rob
Steve Pavao
KORG R&D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James,

Glad to help. Thanks very much for what you put into korgforums.

Steve Pavao
software engineer
Korg R&D
peter m. mahr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pepperpotty wrote:
That's a lot of members! I know people might be thinking that they can't afford much so it isn't worth donating. But if all 29,000 members donated just £1, $1 or €1 then it would make such a difference.

Come on guys, this thread has had over 500 views. If this forum has ever helped you, then please come forward and help this forum.

Emma

Agreed!

Especially if you have a look at the traffic in the KRONOS subforum... Interesting to see quite a lot of people preordering or being seriously interested in a 3k€ keyboard, asking questions, getting answers... Although I am no longer using Korg equipment I find this to be one of the best forums I have been within the last 15 years and therefore it is time to give something back.

Peter / blogasys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: