Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I finally put my hands on the kronos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chilly7 wrote:
As u are mp3 fan boy, u have distroyed ur ears, bucause for mp3 fund boys, better sound means lounder sound. so u pass the safe sound level very easely, and then ur ers beging to demage so when u listen to ur compressed music loudly at public trunsport, u just destroying ur ears.

Lemme ask you - what drugs are you smoking? Something that allows you to know what I do or don't do in my personal life? Shocked Either you're clairvoyant, or you're a first-rate idiot. Evil or Very Mad

chilly7 wrote:
p.s.
Any professian music enginir with proffesional studio equipment can tell the difference between 24 bit/ 48 khz and 16 bit/48khz good recordings

Yes, in MIXES. But SINGLE SAMPLES? No. Would you dare to try my double blind test?

videorov

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Kronos and the software sampled world Reply with quote

I wonder if the software sampled keyboard world will over take
the fixed hardware keyboards of the future. Maybe just have a
great weighted keyboard controller and just keep adding the new
software as it gets better and better. You could have a wireless touchscreen for control aswell. I think its heading that way and will be
easier to upgrade and change things.
Something to think about. Hey Alica Keys and Komplete 7 and
Synthogy Ivory Grand Piano just a few out there.
Then you could build the system you want. Hmmmmmmm
nowtime

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow.

EOT?

BTW, very excited that the EP-1 gets a good review from you. Fuzzy warm feelings.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have yet to see a vid or review with something I really can't stand. Threads do seem to take on a life of their own though.

Anyway I do hope they release a help guide other then just loaded into the Kronos. I like a hard copy. I like to add my own notes and references. I find it helps me learn better. Anyone have any idea when we might be able to download a manual?
ozy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
Anyone have any idea when we might be able to download a manual?

That's the situation AFAIK:

There's conflicting news:

the pdf already exists (it is probably not optimized, since the Italian demonstrator told me it's more than 10 megabyte heavy. So it's probably an "open" file abailable for editing, not the "ready for web" final version which is usually far lighter).

He told me that it is embargoed until the Kronos is materially released.

Dan on the other hand was a bit surprised about that (read above, on this thread), meaning that he probably knows some copies are already circulating (beta testers/top clients maybe).

Sounds like they could let it out once it's finally edited with the last bug-fixing, even if the Kronos is not yet in the stores.

I strongly hope so. Would seriously help analyzing its features.

PS: one of the two trolls above messaged me in private, threatening to start a fight, last night at 23. The other genius talks in terms of "challenging" (what's this: a gangsta-rap street brawl?) and is pestering "evildragon" with insults. Can't Sharp set a minimum-18-year-old age limit for Forum participation? Or at least: request that drugs and weapons be left at the door? Rolling Eyes

Last edited by ozy on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
peter_schwartz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chilly7 wrote:
...stupid crupp which makes no sence...
ozy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter_schwartz wrote:
chilly7 wrote:
...stupid crupp which makes no sence...

I translate for Peter, who doesn't speak German as good as me.

It means

"Baron Krupp will not take part to the Seance Spiritique that Madame Shelley is keeping at her Manor tonight".

Passtimes for aristocrats, you know.
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:

Anyway I do hope they release a help guide other then just loaded into the Kronos. I like a hard copy. I like to add my own notes and references. I find it helps me learn better. Anyone have any idea when we might be able to download a manual?

Manuals are typically released just prior to the release of the instrument. No doubt there will be a pdf, which you can have printed at local shop. I doubt that there be a hard copy included with the instrument.
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:

Manuals are typically released just prior to the release of the instrument. No doubt there will be a pdf, which you can have printed at local shop. I doubt that there be a hard copy included with the instrument.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lougheed, I realize that and I usually do the printing myself! Although if it does materialize at 10 Meg and is several hundred pages I may just get it to the shop and have it spiral bound on a cart!
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bear in mind the OASYS parameter guide is 1185 pages - so it will be at least that plus the two extra engines!

(28.5Mb filesize...)
Zeroesque

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbinhood wrote:
chilly7 wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
I'm confident that in a double blind test you couldn't hear a difference between a 16-bit and 24-bit sample!

16-bit gives you about 96 dB of dynamic range in theory, which is pretty much enough if you don't want to make your ears bleed. Laughing

As u are mp3 fan boy, u have distroyed ur ears, bucause for mp3 fund boys, better sound means lounder sound. so u pass the safe sound level very easely, and then ur ers beging to demage which is not true so when u listen to ur compressed music loudly at public trunsport, u just destroying ur ears.

the bed news is that u never will restore ur ears if u dameged them

p.s.
Any professian music enginir with proffesional studio equipment can tell the difference between 24 bit/ 48 khz and 16 bit/48khz good recordings

for example
the big dinamic level not aways means the lound sound, it always it also can mean that the sound can be very quit, i can hear up to - 100 dbs on pecks from 800 hz to 8 khz, but probably u cannot, but it does not menan if u cannot then awrybody else cannot

FTW.
jmexio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
I'm confident that in a double blind test you couldn't hear a difference between a 16-bit and 24-bit sample!

OK, now I get what you were trying to convey Very Happy

Cheers,
Juan Miguel
ozy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chilly7 wrote:
As u are [...] [...]distroyed [...]bucause [...] lounder sound[...] demage [...]public trunsport [...] bed news [...]dameged [...]professian music enginir [...] proffesional studio [...]the sound can be very quit[...]awrybody

sorry, I kould'nt resist publishing a butleg compileation of the "Best Of" a griate artist.

In hi's immortel wordz:

u rite so bed that it make's my ears bleed
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozy you have an 'Evil Genius!' sense of humor, I love it thanks! Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: