Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I finally put my hands on the kronos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crystalmsc

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
I would like just one picture, now, of any of this. Wink

I would also like to see him in that one picture Smile
Korg: Wavedrum/Mini/Global, MS-20m, Volca Beats/Bass/Key, Trinity Pro, Karma + Moss Board, 01R/W, Wavestation/SR/EX, microKORG XL, Kaossilator Pro, iKaossilator, Kaoss Pad Quad, Monotribe, Monotron/duo/delay, DS-10, Korg Collection V2, Korg Gadget, microKEY25
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dave Ferris

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:

The ONLY Steinways I will EVER own are the Hamburg Steinways. New York Steinways SUCK. Laughing

You know you're right ! In fact mine's going out to the curb tomorrow for the gardener to haul away..jeez I hope he'll take it, the pos. Smile

I put an ad on the LA CL saying I'd trade straight up for an RMI---no takers, just goes to show. Wink

2005 NY Steinway D
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Ferris wrote:
I put an ad on the LA CL saying I'd trade straight up for an RMI---no takers, just goes to show. Wink

That's where you made your mistake. You probably could've got a Farfisa, but not an RMI - those dudes are so realistic and in-demand. Maybe if you had offered a HAMBURG Steinway you could've got one of those... Laughing

Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
Sina172 wrote:
Dave Ferris wrote:
Sina172 wrote:

I agree with this. I just ordered a 9' Bluthner for my new house. My God! What a sound! I'm not putting it in the Studio, though. It's going in the living room at the new house.

My next pianos are gonna be the Fazioli F308 and F278. And they are BOTH going to my studio.

I'm gonna put a 6' Fazioli in my master bedroom as well!

Trust me. Pics ARE coming, guys. For the past 2 months I have been planning the new studio space and it's a LOT of work. Not to mention relocating to the new house as well. There's a LOT going on right now.

Sina

Wow Sina, did you win the lottery ? Laughing

Is that a brand new Bluth Model 1 ?

I just picked out a 1918 Model 6 (6' 3" ) for a friend off the LA CL. It needs some action work but it has a gorgeous tone. Different then a Steinway.

Faziolis too ? Wow, all I can say is get me on whatever gig it is you're doing.... Razz

Yeah the Bluthner is Brand New! It was GORGEOUS!

It won't be here for 6 months though, because I had to special order it and they are made to order, unless you buy the store model. I wanted mine to come delivered to my house in the wooden crate. So I have to wait Very Happy

The Faziolis won't be here for 10 MONTHS! GAH! Luckily the guy who took my order was nice enough to give me his floor model until mine came in.

The ONLY Steinways I will EVER own are the Hamburg Steinways. New York Steinways SUCK. Laughing And they are NOT the same company in any way, shape or form!

I did play on a Hamburg Steinway yesterday and almost bought it, too. Then I played on the Fazioli afterwards, and realize how INFERIOR the Steinway was by a HUGE margin in comparison.

I ordered a Shigeru Kawai EX for my family room as well. It's such a HUGE gorgeous room, with high ceilings and I wanted an unprecedented Japanese Grand in my arsenal. The Shigeru did it for me. I was at NAMM 2008 and I was amazed to see a Shigeru EX Piano, because the biggest they went was 7' 6." The Shigeru was basically a smaller version of the EX model. Now they have a Shigeru EX which is by far one of THE BEST pianos I have EVER laid my hands on! Fast forward to now in 2011, I got the Shigeru EX. Very Happy

And then I HAVE to have a Yamaha grand. So I ordered two of those as well. A 9ft. CFX for the studio and a 6' for the breakfast area in the kitchen.

The Yamahas and the Kawai's are relatively quick to come in so they'll be here in about 6 weeks. Very Happy

When all is said and done, you guys will not only get pictures and the full scoop of the studio and the property, but I will reveal to you what I did and how I got there. And you WILL be VERY surprised. Maybe even shocked, because your gonna hear things you have probably NEVER heard before! Very Happy

Sina

I would like just one picture, now, of any of this. Wink

lol... I'm still waiting to see his 47 and a half Tritons.

Sina, your barking mad. Totally gone in the head but damn entertaining to read your fantasies.
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by EXer on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Sina, your barking mad. Totally gone in the head but damn entertaining to read your fantasies.

+1! Rolling Eyes
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpIdErWeB wrote:
Until then, sounds developers such Korg, Yamaha, Eastwest, IK Multimedia, Best Services, Zero-G, Vir2, to only name few... know how to do good sounds, even in 16-bits "only"...

These two have libraries in 24-bit as well - even though I consider much of it snake oil.
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:

It won't be here for 6 months though, because I had to special order it and they are made to order, unless you buy the store model. I wanted mine to come delivered to my house in the wooden crate. So I have to wait Very Happy

Wow, that's really surprising. The first rule of buying an acoustic piano is to ONLY buy a piano that you have played. The longer the instrument has been on the floor, and more it has been played, the better.

What does "made to order" actually mean in this context?
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wonderful Italian Grand Pianos, which among others Herbie Hancock likes to play, are named Fazioli (not Faziloli).

But who cares about a name, as long as you can spread them along with some Bluethners across your living rooms, entrance halls and winter gardens... Wink
ozy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:
that process takes a couple weeks in and of itself, testing every key, the pedals, how the dampers hit the string, the action, etc. This is quality control at a level you have never seen before!

Indeed. Testing if the damper hits the strings is a first in piano's history.

I know for sure athat at Yamaha they don't even care if the HAMMER hits the strings.

Sometimes they release for circulation pianos whose strings are not hit at all.

That happened since yamaha went into a partnership with toyota (imagine how the pedals work)

Appallign.

My cousin has a friend who knows a guy whose sister knows a guy who's seen a Yamaha piano where they had forgot mounting some black keys.

There was no black key between E and F, and between B and C.

Meaning they missed a full 14% of keys! Shocked

If that's not bad quality control...
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:
The only difference here, is that this "fantasy" that you describe this to be, is actually a reality. Very Happy

You know how the Internet saying goes: pics or it didn't happen! Laughing Rolling Eyes
Lando

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: