Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

please develop for android market

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bowmoney

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: please develop for android market Reply with quote

apple's hardware policies are just terrible, so some of us refuse to submit to a company that does not let owner's make modifications to their hardware, know the code, or even so much as replace a broken part...

i would pay a lot of money to be able to use korg's products on my android devices...what is the hold-up?
Olivia Candy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:10 am    Post subject: Korg Products on Android Reply with quote

Yeah, I agree with you. Android Market is more supportive to its users than App Store. The Android place is growing gradually on its own pace. So we can hope for more Korg products in the near future.

Anyways, among all apps available in the Android Market now, I like Silicon Oxide app the most.

What about you?
X-Trade

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just bought a cheap android tablet which has the android market.

I have to say the problem with android vs iPad from a developer point of view is mainly in support and refunds etc. There are just too many different androids with different processors and different audio inputs/outputs which all have slightly different software and performance.

Its just not cohesive enough as a platform. There are still problems between users having something work on one device and not on another. It is far from universal. This comes down to a support nightmare. Android itself as a platform is just not mature enough and as along as manufacturers want to knock out stupidly cheap products which won't run very well and offer no support, there are going to be many, many, many problems.

The iPad by comparison, just like apple macs, tend to just work. I'm no fanboy but I do notice this (Macs is a different thing, I know they could run just as well on any computer really, apart from starting to introduce third-party drivers for main system devices again leads to some manufacturers not supporting or fixing bugs in their drivers - just like on windows, where most critical stops are caused by driver software or other things which just haven't been finished properly)
The thing is you know that an app will work on any iPad because you've tested it on the only iPad model.

I have been playing with one good app which I think is called R3D or something like that - anyway check it out, there is a free demo...
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: