Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Sequencer not incorporating M3 Xpanded features

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Kronos Sequencer not incorporating M3 Xpanded features Reply with quote

After all it´s been raining all these years about the "lackustre" feel of OASYS sequencer mode (beeing an OASYS user myself) and seeing the good job Korg did on the M3 sequencer with the inclusion of features like the moving anchor along the song and MIDI data, the Velocity Track meters for faders, Track View and Piano Roll Editor windows with DAW derived editing tools, etc...
...It surprises (a lot, BTW) not to see all these features in the Kronos sequencer mode, the last incarnition of Korg workstation.

I wonder the reasons behind not porting the M3 enhancements to Kronos. But i find no clue. Eh?

And alas, It all puts on perspective how similar to OASYS the Kronos is, sharing its sequencer and most of its weakness in this area.

So...Well, I guess the inevitable conclusion is to think that Korg does not take the Sequencer mode too seriously, it seems.

Last edited by Davidb on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Penumbra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing they did right is screwing up all the Oasys users without any respect. They acted just like a bunch of arrogant assholes and the still use "sheep face" to advertise their products. There's nothing to add in my opinion. (Waiting for the defenders of the lost cases to start trolling me).
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penumbra wrote:
The only thing they did right is screwing up all the Oasys users without any respect. They acted just like a bunch of arrogant assholes and the still use "sheep face" to advertise their products. There's nothing to add in my opinion. (Waiting for the defenders of the lost cases to start trolling me).

jeesh. Derailing a thread to bitch about Korg screwing OASYS owners should be a ban-able offense.

Take a hike crybaby...
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penumbra wrote:

Sir, are you the "Black Sheep" of your family! Trust me, The Mrs. and I are here to please! Could I interest you in our 2 for 1 Wool Sweater sale?

MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penumbra wrote:

Penumbra,

Please tell us when you purchased your OASYS. Was it new or used? What price did you pay?

Is this your first time on the Korg forums (given your account was created only a few weeks ago)?
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos Sequencer not incorporating M3 Xpanded features Reply with quote

Davidb wrote:

So...Well, I guess the inevitable conclusion is to think that Korg does not take the Sequencer mode too seriously, it seems.

The game has been changed.....Yeh..shame the lame sequencer hasn't

Its fine incorporating audio recording facilities,To make up for a limp 16 track sequencer with only 1 midi out option,but korg take 1 step forward to go 3 back......even the Oasys's Audio editing options and tools are awkward and lame in comparison to the D16XD/32XD mode operations that "THEY"designed..

You can almost see the scenario in the korg R+D department

"Hey boss we made Kronos and gave it 9 synth engines and no cutoff of sounds when switching"
"Great put it into Production"
"What about the sequencer"
"a Sequencer??
"Who cares give it a usb port and plug in status no one will notice,and remember anyone who mentions the Oasys will get 6 strikes of the Birch"

I'm kind of glad Korg didn't revamp the sequencer in the kronos,or i may have had GAS....until they bring their Workstations sequencer capabilities up to the standards of things like the MPC/MV then I'll never buy another Korg workstation,Even the mid 90's Yamaha QY700 I have wipes the floor with anything Korg have ever done,even for simple basic editing options!
Unicorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos Sequencer not incorporating M3 Xpanded features Reply with quote

Kontrol49 wrote:
Davidb wrote:

I disagree, the shame has changed - it is just that there is a hidden "Function" button that gets enabled by banging head on the beautiful large screen and if you press that button, Kronos factory sequencer user interface turns into your favourite DAW sequencer UI through the remote desktop connectivity - a truely game changer!!

P.s. Nothing stops the fanboys dreaming Cool
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos Sequencer not incorporating M3 Xpanded features Reply with quote

Kontrol49 wrote:
Davidb wrote:

Hey! We knew it already!

The actual slogan for Kronos had to be turned into the most accurate "The Name has been changed".

...And they only have to correct one letter! Wink

Quote:

Its fine incorporating audio recording facilities,To make up for a limp 16 track sequencer with only 1 midi out option,but korg take 1 step forward to go 3 back......even the Oasys's Audio editing options and tools are awkward and lame in comparison to the D16XD/32XD mode operations that "THEY"designed..

True, its been disscussed before.

Absolutly correct about your "1 step forward to go 3 back" statement, when talking about Sequencer mode in Korg Workstations.

Futhermore, at least IMHO, including "real" audio recording HDR (not the classical compromising decission based in RAM) adio tracks, and not provide basic editing MIDi tools other than Event List Window is not a real deal and leves the whole concept of proper, professional and detailed sequencing into the keyboard a futile mission, an uncomplete task, as it is on the OASYS.

Quote:

You can almost see the scenario in the korg R+D department.

"Hey boss we made Kronos and gave it 9 synth engines and no cutoff of sounds when switching"

"Great put it into Production"

"What about the sequencer"

"Sequencer??
Who cares give it a usb port and plug in status no one will notice,and remember anyone who mentions the Oasys will get 6 strikes of the Birch"

LOL!!
Funny you mention it this way! Smile
You know, I had the same representation in my head when I saw that Kornos sequencer was almost *identical* the the OASYS:

"So... Guys, team: The "Chronos" is almost ready."

"Now...What do we do with the internal sequencer? Any ideas? "

"Well...We could follow the M3 path and update the OASYS sequencer mode we are using here, and include, as we did before, DAW derived MIDI editing capabilities and tools, piano roll, implement a Track view window, bar meters, ...etc."

"Yeah... We can go futher, and include ability to edit porgramas in Seq and Combi modes, too.."

"..."

"..."

"Nahhh... In the end, not everybody is going to use the internal Sequecer..."

"Yeah... yeah.."

"See: We´ll rather include DAW integration. Along with the currente Oasys sequencer, and job done!!.
It already has 16 audio tracks, isnt it???
Who else provides that?"

Wink

Last edited by Davidb on Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I'm kind of glad Korg didn't revamp the sequencer in the kronos,or i may have had GAS....
Until they bring their Workstations sequencer capabilities up to the standards of things like the MPC/MV then I'll never buy another Korg workstation.

I hear you about that one, dude.
+1 over here too.

Thanx and regards mate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: