Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos EXTREME
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Kronos EXTREME Reply with quote

So luckily for me, business is coming in better then expected and I may be able to afford Kronos at launch of very soon after.
My question to you all is, or people at korg even if you cant answer this,
Will the kronos ever see an extreme or expanded version? as the triton did? Will i possibly regret my kronos purchase in 2 years when a kronos extreme comes out?

Im aware that they may just make a whole new board, with 12 synth engines yata yata. Like how kronos is apparently oasys extreme. This isnt my concern. Im wondering if there will literally be a Kronos +/extreme/expanded/SE or anything.

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it extremely unlikely that any Korg rep is going to talk about a v2/Extreme whilst they're promoting the current model - heck, it's not even available yet!

FWIW, I don't think Korg is thinking about any v2 at the moment.

You need to buy the board for what it does when you switch it on, now. If that doesn't meet your needs - then wait. Give it 5 years and something new may be released.

If however, the Kronos floats your boat with what it does now - then buy it and enjoy it!
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cello wrote:
I think it extremely unlikely that any Korg rep is going to talk about a v2/Extreme whilst they're promoting the current model - heck, it's not even available yet!

FWIW, I don't think Korg is thinking about any v2 at the moment.

You need to buy the board for what it does when you switch it on, now. If that doesn't meet your needs - then wait. Give it 5 years and something new may be released.

If however, the Kronos floats your boat with what it does now - then buy it and enjoy it!

Man, i use a triton extreme, believe ME. The KRONOS DOES WAY MORE THEN I WOULD BARGAIN FOR MAN... Shocked (not to say i dont absolutely adore my tex, but the kronos is simply its ass kicker)

I was just wondering what people thought, im pretty damn sure im gonna get it on release or close to it.. cant wait Very Happy!!!!!! always better to know right?

thanks for your reply.

Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course they are thinking about a new version already. As normal in development, a lot of ideas that didn't make it in the current Kronos will find its way in a new version, either be it a Korg Kronos Extreme 2 or a Korg <NewModelName>.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Unicorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos EXTREME Reply with quote

robbinhood wrote:
So luckily for me, business is coming in better then expected and I may be able to afford Kronos at launch of very soon after.
My question to you all is, or people at korg even if you cant answer this,
Will the kronos ever see an extreme or expanded version? as the triton did? Will i possibly regret my kronos purchase in 2 years when a kronos extreme comes out?

Im aware that they may just make a whole new board, with 12 synth engines yata yata. Like how kronos is apparently oasys extreme. This isnt my concern. Im wondering if there will literally be a Kronos +/extreme/expanded/SE or anything.

I am not a KORG employee but from my experience I can tell you that they will. Just don't ask them, they are seasoned in meeting a few commitments. By all means please don't trust the marketing guys, the buggers will make one or two confusing statements (such as "Obviously we are working on a number of expansion options for KRONOS, EXi Strings/Brass included, but we cannot promise anything".. blah blah....). If you know why you are spending now and are happy to utilize the investment for the next 2 years or so, you have a reason to buy it. The risk of new things getting launched will always stay. I’m fairly sure Yamaha guys will kick the a** out of KRONOS in the next year or so (like what KORG did with their garbage – if Yamaha guys combine their existing stuff including tyros SAs, CVP technology, VLs/Modelling including CP1 pianos and make it a single BIG thing, KRONOS will get a place in my trash becuase Yamha sounds are "actually usable", as Mr. Bert rightfuly says), and it would be interesting to watch Kurz and Roland as well.
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we can benefit from ignoring Mr Grumpybutt's post above...

Anyhow, it's hard to say. Right now, I'm not sure what Roland could do to threaten anyone. One thing would, if they would produce a "JD-2000," a supersynth based on the JD-800/JD-990, including well modeled filters, maybe as a successor to V-Synth GT. Perhaps even as a workstation. But if they made a proper Fantom with good filters and supported it with an actual list of synth boards, combined with a JD-2000 with a good control surface, that would make a killer duo. I hope they do, Roland was my fave company back in the XP-80 days.

Yamaha has produced the EX-5, the first wondersynth in ages, and way ahead of its time. Yammy could make a beefed up version, and they'll have to now, because KRONOS has made them second class citizens of the synth market in a day.

Kurzweil created a synth engine, dare I say it, so VAST that it's withstood the test of time for 20 years nearly unchanged. Until OASYS, they pretty much had the best sounding workstation. They know how to make killer sounding instruments. A K3000 with a lot of good sounding sample rom combined with a proper VA-1 engine with well modeled filters and an even beefier effects section, and hopefully a well endowed control surface with assignable knobs and buttons, and sampling of course, that would grab some attention. It would sure have mine.

But then, would KRONOS really need to be shot up with goodies? I'm still thinking that even with everyone else upping the ante, KRONOS is still, as it is, the standard at which all other synths will be measured. It's already pretty much Extreme. Wink
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovin the replys so far, i think im just gonna get it
enjoy it
and buy the next one assuming business is still good!
thanks guys!

MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg will eventually produce a keyboard that replaces the Kronos, just like they (and everyone else) have done in the past.

I would guess the earliest we would see a keyboard like that would be 3 years from the release of Kronos (which obviously is not even here yet).

Last edited by MartinHines on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As i said, i am directly asking about a kronos extreme, as the triton extreme is to the triton classic
not as M3 is to the triton.
Thanks for replys!
Just trying to avoid huge arguments tht tend to take place in this setion

TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this thread is pointless and needs to be deleted ...
13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ozy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to buy NOW the keyboard that Korg will release in 2021, and be 20 years younger. Crying or Very sad
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TSUNAMI wrote:
this thread is pointless and needs to be deleted ...

/thread

Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAMAHA needs to bring back EX5 with all new features developed since then.... will be very close competition to KRONOS
TheLeadingSaw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing to do about new keyboards coming out. You can't buy a keyboard and hope it won't have a newer version because that would make yours seem bad. Keyboards keep evolving, and no one can give you an answer.
Besides, a newer version of the Kronos doesn't make it less good, the Triton isn't new, is it worst than newer keyboards?
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Advice... Buy your Korg Kronos at BestBuy. They offer the Future-Proof Buy Back Program. You can't go wrong... Rolling Eyes

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: