Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos EXTREME
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnjoyRC wrote:
Advice... Buy your Korg Kronos at BestBuy. They offer the Future-Proof Buy Back Program. You can't go wrong... Rolling Eyes

Also known as "The Rip You Off In Advance Program". The only thing it guarantees is that they'll give you far less in value than what you paid, and that you have to use the "buyback credit" with them, so you can't shop around.
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos would already appear to be pretty extreme. So set aside the super-dee-duper Kronos idea for a moment.

What would be a COMPLIMENTARY partner to the kronos? Yin to it's Yang...

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Devnor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnjoyRC wrote:
Advice... Buy your Korg Kronos at BestBuy.

I would if I could. Zero financing for 18 months: winning!
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnjoyRC wrote:
Advice... Buy your Korg Kronos at BestBuy. They offer the Future-Proof Buy Back Program. You can't go wrong... Rolling Eyes

Intended as a joke... have you seen the depreciation schedule they have setup? Month by month... It's crazy.

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
Unicorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

synthguy wrote:

Anyhow, it's hard to say. Right now, I'm not sure what Roland could do to threaten anyone. One thing would, if they would produce a "JD-2000," a supersynth based on the JD-800/JD-990, including well modeled filters, maybe as a successor to V-Synth GT. Perhaps even as a workstation. But if they made a proper Fantom with good filters and supported it with an actual list of synth boards, combined with a JD-2000 with a good control surface, that would make a killer duo. I hope they do, Roland was my fave company back in the XP-80 days.

Yamaha has produced the EX-5, the first wondersynth in ages, and way ahead of its time. Yammy could make a beefed up version, and they'll have to now, because KRONOS has made them second class citizens of the synth market in a day.

Kurzweil created a synth engine, dare I say it, so VAST that it's withstood the test of time for 20 years nearly unchanged. Until OASYS, they pretty much had the best sounding workstation. They know how to make killer sounding instruments. A K3000 with a lot of good sounding sample rom combined with a proper VA-1 engine with well modeled filters and an even beefier effects section, and hopefully a well endowed control surface with assignable knobs and buttons, and sampling of course, that would grab some attention. It would sure have mine.

But then, would KRONOS really need to be shot up with goodies? I'm still thinking that even with everyone else upping the ante, KRONOS is still, as it is, the standard at which all other synths will be measured. It's already pretty much Extreme. Wink

Good example of confused people confusing others.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos EXTREME Reply with quote

robbinhood wrote:
Will the kronos ever see an extreme or expanded version?

Yes, very much so, it will give us free 1 year accounts to ***********.com,
http://www.***********.com and http://www.***********.com...

(LINKS REMOVED BY SHARP)
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nedim - what are you playing at?

Two posts in two threads with pron links.

Not on. There are under 18s on this board - please remove the links before Sharp makes you remove them; and gives you a little 'off' time to consider your actions.

NOT impressive. There's places for that stuff - AND IT'S NOT HERE.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nedim.... Evil or Very Mad

READ THIS....
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=379489#379489
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-
Nedim,
although i didnt click on those links...thank god they were removed. Some of us access Korg Forums at work during our breaks. People should be aware of this.

Billy
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
mrk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

billysynth1 wrote:
Some of us access Korg Forums at work during our breaks.

Are companies in Australia spying on their workers, or why does that make a difference for you?
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrk wrote:
billysynth1 wrote:
Some of us access Korg Forums at work during our breaks.

Are companies in Australia spying on their workers, or why does that make a difference for you?

Maybe you've heard of NSFW? (Not Suitable For Work) Once you start working you'll soon learn that EVERY IT department monitors how the internet is used at work. Too much time on Facebook and you'll be in trouble.

Click a link and have inappropriate images displayed whilst a female colleague is behind you will probably get you the sack.

It's not just Australia - it's absolutely everywhere.
mrk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cello wrote:
Once you start working

Actually right now I am at work.. the company I'm working at has more than 400.000 employees, so guessing which shouldn't be too hard. Wink

Quote:
you'll soon learn that EVERY IT department monitors how the internet is used at work.

As I am working *in* the IT department I know that (at least in this country here) monitoring what web pages your employees visit is not only a direct reason for the admin to lose his job, but to also get a lawsuit. This is why I was asking - I wasn't joking, but curious. Wink

Quote:
Click a link and have inappropriate images displayed whilst a female colleague is behind you will probably get you the sack.

This might be true, of course. But as I'm working in the IT department I don't see that kind of species so often. Wink

Quote:
It's not just Australia - it's absolutely everywhere.

Definitely not! The same applies to your company emails. No one is allowed to review those without your direct permission (except the police, of course).
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there you go - I believed the internet police (IT depts) were the same the world over.

In the UK and US, there are absolutely strict codes of conduct. Even when you log on to a laptop a thousand miles from the office, you need to accept a challenge/repsonse that says you will abide by corporate policy for use of equipment and network.

Which all means that anything inappropriate will be flagged up and become the subject of disciplinary action.

So for us, pron links on an innocent site like KF could be bad news... (not to mention that we have kids here anyway)
mrk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course those policies do exist here, too. But the companies are [until now I'd said: of course] not allowed to play big brother on you. This would be the same as putting a video camera on your desk to monitor whether you felt asleep - also not allowed here. But interesting [or sad?] that in some countries companies are allowed to intrude the privacy of their workers that much.
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this because of the way our employment contracts are worded? When you accept a job offer you have to sign that you accept a variety of things - one of them being that your internet use will be monitored.

Sorry for taking this off-topic everyone! Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: