Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I played a Kronos!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ozy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I very much admire the guy. I didn't know him.

His self-deprecating but uplifting humour takes BIG cojones Applause

I am not so sure I agree with what he says at some point though (even if of course he is 1000% entitled to say anything he wants, and I'll have to think more on that).

He says "you got to be content with what you've got", instead of "wishing things you don't have".

Well, he evidently isn't doing what he preaches.

He had his mind grow limbs on him! Look when he "swims" or when he "gets back on feet" after falling face down... Shocked

He wished (better: he WANTED) a totally new life, different from what destiny had served him.

He wanted something he hadn't, and got it. Bravo.

So, he is... "wrong", in a greatly admirable way.

Sorry for the OT, but the guy is definitely worth it.

On the same line of thought, this are two of the people I most admire.

I think of them each time I break something (which lately happens every two years Rolling Eyes , I'm no kid anymore) and I have to stop working and go surgery. I look at them and feel stupid for even worrying.

http://oscarpistorius.com/

and, even more, him:

http://www.alex-zanardi.com/

In both cases, they did anything BUT accept their life. They MADE it.

Winners, in the best possible meaning of the word.
SpIdErWeB

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akos Janca wrote:
It reminds me one of the first OASYS demos in Frankfurt - Steve McNally was superb! - where the projector screen literally obstructed the sound coming from the speakers to a part of the audience… Shocked I just don't understand these shameful situations.

Well, not everything always happen as expected. It happened to me every single Trade Show I did. You plan the Booth installation on paper, build it at factory to verify everything, cables, fixations, marketing support, etc... And finally, the day before the show when you're going to mount everything, you realize there's a huge problem and you have to improvise to still make it happen...

It could be sad for the user, but I don't blame absolutely no manufactures because we all have to deal with Trade Shows issues. And trust me or not, every installers know it and can even help the neighbor in some case. I saw it few times...

Phil
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpIdErWeB wrote:
Akos Janca wrote:
It reminds me one of the first OASYS demos in Frankfurt - Steve McNally was superb! - where the projector screen literally obstructed the sound coming from the speakers to a part of the audience… Shocked I just don't understand these shameful situations.

Well, not everything always happen as expected. It happened to me every single Trade Show I did. You plan the Booth installation on paper, build it at factory to verify everything, cables, fixations, marketing support, etc... And finally, the day before the show when you're going to mount everything, you realize there's a huge problem and you have to improvise to still make it happen...

It could be sad for the user, but I don't blame absolutely no manufactures because we all have to deal with Trade Shows issues. And trust me or not, every installers know it and can even help the neighbor in some case. I saw it few times...

Phil

Very true, I know it.

Sometimes the reason of the issues is the simple inadvertence or ignorance.

You are there, prepared as discussed many times before - and still can't be sure everything will work... And you ask yourself: why? Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: