Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

march Song....Party On People

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronbo27
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: march Song....Party On People Reply with quote

Always liked "horn" tunes.....so I thought I`d put one together....actually had our band do it live on our last gig to test it out....crowd went with it pretty well on the dance floor....got me away from the slow ballad thing for once...
CHEERS!
Ron Laughing
http://www.soundclick.com/ronbo
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this Ron...makes me just wanna go outside, snap my fingers, and walk along, merrily, with the beat, hoping everyone would join in with me. Very Happy

I could definitely imagine a crowd singing along with the chorus. It probably would have been great if you could get that in the recording. I think it'd also be great when you perform this live, if you could get everyone to clap their hands, stop the music and just sing the chorus, having everyone join in with you. Then at the right moment you could come back in with the instruments and finish the song.

Nice work. Cool
ronbo27
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks King! Did just as you suggested...crowd jumped right in....finished off the night with it....sent `em home happy....of course...the beer didn`t hurt either....LOl
Cheers!
Ron Laughing
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love It Ron...

Very catchy indeed and professional also!!!! Reminds me of my days, 70's and back into the 60's , also my "late" childhood some of my favs in the 8o's....

This has the sounds that I remember for the more "oldscale' places to dance..., many tunes with sim. sounds for the 60s thru 80's

Well done and nice horns indeed !!, love the brass sound and it gives a good feel with it !!! Great SOUND !!!!!!!!

Like the bass line and the general beat and perc feel as well This has a good feel and I am SURE many will like this for a good old fashioned dance tune!!!!!

Many Thanks and the Ronbo tunes will KEEP US Goin' this cycle if nothing else does...Love It!!!!!!!

Best Regards!! Johnny, John, ellll Very Happy Rolling Eyes Very Happy
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I'm getting a slight ska feeling here, maybe it is the beat and the horns, as it's not really ska, though a ska version of this might be fun as well. Your vocal sounds really good here, especially the variations you did, including harmonies. Nice job on putting a good fast beat here, I often have trouble with faster beats as the notes are so close together and can easily get lost competing for sonic space, but the instruments stand out very well. Maybe you're the next Ian Drury!!!
album cover
joet63

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ron, What a great party song. You've really captured the moment here and all the instruments sound clear and on the money, your band has done you proud my friend.

joe
Reason 5, Record 1.5, KLC 1.2v, Korg MS2000, BR, Korg Electribe Series Mk11, Roland JV1080, Novation A Station, Novation Bass Station, Evolution 49 M/Controller, Yamaha PSR295,300,DSR 2000, E/Acoustic CPX900, Epiphone Sheraton, Suzuki Acoustic Guitar,
Washburn RB2500 Bass Guitar, Akai Pro ME30PII, Fostex Mixer, Korg DS-10, Korg PadKontrol.

www.myspace.com/joethompson63
ronbo27
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John: Yes, I am probably dating myself with this style of tune ...I used the "old" M-1 for brass tracks.....Korg CX-3 organ, Le-88 for the rest....got my bandmates to do bass and guitar for me.....fun to work on...
George: I used a drum track off the D-1600 recorder to set it up....real kit works better but I don`t have room for it in my wee space....there is a slight ska feel to it...unintentional ...just happened along the way...glad you liked the vox....
Joe:Thanks.....it really worked doing it "live"...we had close to 700 people for our "last kick at the can" , so to speak.....been doing this particular gig for 20 years as a benefit Pub Party in support of a local organization that ptovides programs and jobs for the intellectually-handicapped after they leave school programs....a wonderful group of folks to work with.... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: