Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First posted UK prices?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveBoulden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: First posted UK prices? Reply with quote

I do hope these guys have simply made a bad guess at the UK price:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GPMG_enGB360GB360&q=korg+kronos#q=korg+kronos&hl=en&rlz=1T4GPMG_enGB360GB360&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbs=shop:1&ei=0Fp6TZyANMLNhAf_otTrBg&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=5&ved=0CBwQ_AUoBA&fp=50407b3c749a9b02

Rolling Eyes
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope - sounds about right to me... You just have to look at Tyros 4 prices to get a benchmark.

K is better (in my view) so K should be more... but the K-61 at £2,995 (if correct) is cheaper than my local store price for T4-61 (£3,217).

So - a bargain!
DaveBoulden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but that's not a valid comparison. The T4-61 is $4999 in the US, so at current exchange rates that is £3122, so a retail price of £3217 is really damned good at only 3% more than the US price!

The US price for the K-61 is $2999 which is around £1875. A UK price of £2999 for a K-61 equates to $4800. That's an increase of 60%.

I know which pricing policy I prefer!
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL - when you describe it that way I see your point; hadn't considered the relative US prices!

In which case (relative to US pricing) the K should be lower than that site suggests.
DaveBoulden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm certainly hoping so... I suspect that particular shop is still vainly clinging to the outdated notion that 1$=1£ Wink
dokido

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well have to wait for frankfurt prices I think
this is not cool
Im glad I havent sold my m3 yet
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My calculations (albeit VERY rough and I did them a few weeks ago, so can't remember what I did!) got the price starting at about £2500 for the 61-note, raising for around £3K for the 73 and possibly £3.7k for the 88.....

I'm looking at the 61 myself.....
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
DaveBoulden

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they can be sold in the US for $2999, then there's no real reason it shouldn't be possible to sell them for the equivalent over here plus the local VAT/Sales tax which should be nearer £2250 for the 61, £2650 for the 73 and £2850 for the 88 in the UK.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly hope you're right!! Very Happy
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dealer in the UK is telling me £2800 for the 61 and £3500 for the 88 ...
13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ix studio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: First posted UK prices? Reply with quote

i wouldnt be surprised if that isnt about right.Uk taxation / retailer / shareholders margins MUST be met - its all very well wanting a fair price and around the us price but that wont happen , this is the uk.Land of the # inflated '
DaveBoulden

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But is there any valid reason for charging UK residents more "just because they can"? I know the reality, but the facts are the only differential for imported goods sold in the US or the UK should be local sales tax and duty... other than that, all costs should be more-or-less the same as each territory has had to ship and import them from Japan.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveBoulden that is a great question one that every individual in the UK should be asking themselves and their officials. Some people over here raise a holy stink if something unfair is going on, heck over here we got nuts that raise hell if it doesn't suit their agenda! Well we just have to many nuts, and I don't mean the family jewel type!
RKfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: UK Price (let's help Korg work it out) Reply with quote

I have been on the market for a new synth/workstation since the beginning of the year and was just about to purchase a DSI Prophet 08 when Korg announced the Kronos.

And now I have a problem... do I go for a great analogue machine or get my hands on this beast (I would be really happy with most of the 9 synth engines especially AL-1, Mod-7, MS20). There is only one thing that is confusing me and that is all the speculation over the price.

Most people on this forum (appologies in advance if I am mistaken) appear to be passively waiting to see what Korg in Europe/UK will announce. Sorry, but aren't we the customers? Can't we suggest to Korg what we are prepared to pay rather then speculate?

I have been comparing the prices of most top workstations (and other neat synths - the Origin keyboard is £2,499 in UK and $2,999 in the US) in the US and the UK and notice that the rough price premium charged between the US (Sweetwater) and the UK (Digital Village) is about 40%-45%. So we could speculate that approx RRPs for the Kronos will be around £2,600 for the 61 keys, £3,000 for the 73 and £3,300 for the 88 key model (assumes 42% UK standard synth rip-off - sorry differential and using today's $ to £ exchange rate).

But is this too much - how much would you be prepared to pay?

Personally I would like to see a reduction in these prices by about 10% before I would beleive that the game really has changed.
dokido

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is already eu price speculation threads in this forum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: