Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos "All Access" Party
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
No Chicago?

OK, be honest. You're avoiding me...

offer dinner at Uno's to the Korg team
Smile
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And YET AGAIN -

Korg US are using hogging www.korg.com to promote US ONLY initiative.

Korg Corporate - WAKE UP - you're pissing off 9/10ths of your market - that is - the rest of the world - by having us go to the default Korg website www.korg.com - only to have to engage a nation-specific 'take' on what are internationally targeted products.

Korg USA - can you please show basic respect and flag US ONLY promotions as that. Alternatively - could Korg US move to www.Korg.us; or alternatively could Korg international move to www.korg.org or www.korg.net. Or - do what Yamaha and Roland do - guide people to the correct country. Whatever the solution - one is needed - Korg US arrogance on this issue beggars belief.

There is a conflict of interests in the use of www.korg.com !!!!!

Kevin.
WWW: www.knect.ie
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
And YET AGAIN -

Korg Corporate - WAKE UP - you're pissing off 9/10ths of your market - that is - the rest of the world - by having us go to the default Korg website www.korg.com - only to have to engage a nation-specific 'take' on what are internationally targeted products.

Korg USA - can you please show basic respect and flag US ONLY promotions as that. Alternatively - could Korg US move to www.Korg.us; or alternatively could Korg international move to www.korg.org or www.korg.net. Or - do what Yamaha and Roland do - guide people to the correct country. Whatever the solution - one is needed - Korg US arrogance on this issue beggars belief.

Kevin.

I may be mistaken but I thought korg.com was Korg USA ... Maybe you want to go to http://www.korg.co.uk?

Quote: "Korg UK looks after the sales and support of Korg products through a network of dealers across the UK and Eire. "

And for Korg corporate go here ... http://www.korg.co.jp/

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar

Last edited by Thoraldus on Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Citizen Klaus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:

Actually, you'll have to blame the US Department of Defense, the National Science Foundation, and ICANN for that one. They're the forces responsible for establishing the convention of .com referencing US businesses, while everyone else has to use .co followed by a two-letter country code.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to the Korg Corporate web page http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/ you can find links to all the Korg Sales Company web sites.

Johann Sebastian Bach

Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and the corporate side of Korg USA is found here ... But you need to be a dealer to get very far ... http://www.korgusa.com Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan I would expect to see more US initiative here. I may be mistaken but I believe I read they agreed to host this server and such at their Site so the hardware won't be Sharps headache any more. I get a little Po'd that you blame US, meaning the U.S. people and U.S. Korg and call us arrogant when it isn't our fault that your respective locations don't care about you. Korg U.S. realizes that American people just won't do business with them if they don't provide service. I suppose that is one benefit of all our manufacturing going out of our country we have been forced to sell service and provide service to keep business. Maybe you should just contact Korg EU or whatever it is ca.led there and raise hell. Maybe a polite word or two to the U.S. Korg people would get a few calls made to Korg EU to assist in your issues.

Basically I am trying to offer perspective and suggestions instead of just saying shut the hell up. I am not trying to be arrogant and I am not arrogant and neither is Korg U.S. for using this media to promote. Your people are short sited for not taking advantage of it and blaming us won't help you one bit. Had we been face to face and you said that we would have been in a fight. Place the blame or point the finger where it belongs. Truly I appreciate your involvement in these forums your replies have helped me but this one post above really set me off.

I would be willing to bet that if there was anyway for us here in the states to help you with Korg EU we would do it. Maybe an email campaign?, showing our outrage you the neglect they show you guys? It's just one thought off the top of my head. Also if you didn't mean your post to be as harsh as it seems when I read it then I apologize, other wise.....
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
And YET AGAIN -

Kevin.

I am not sure if you feel slighted. I can assure you there are many things in life that are unfair. Try to move on.
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Kevin Nolan wrote:
And YET AGAIN -

Kevin.

I am not sure if you feel slighted. I can assure you there are many things in life that are unfair. Try to move on.

I don't _really_ care that much - I'm just making a general point that has validity and which I do think is very, very poor form and disrespectful to the international Korg user base.

I retract any suggestion that US people in general are arrogant - my apologies for sloppy language in that regard. People are broadly the same everywhere so there is no personal belief that US people are any different. Furthermore I worked for a US company (Sun) for some years and hold the US in great regard. What I meant to say was - Korg US personnel are in my opinion quite arrogant in not qualifying what are US only promotions on the worldwide regarded portal for Korg (worldwide) - www.korg.com. It looks from the outside that they don't give a damn about the broader, non-US Korg market. Only the other day RichF posted to this forum a Korg-USA exclusive offer of free electric pianos, without qualification. This is not a Korg USA forum! It is obvious that in his mind, he was not thinking that Korg customers exist beyond the borders of the US.

Beyond Korg-USA's continual abuse of this domain (a situation which Yamaha, for example, has long since resolved); there is in fact a similar abuse by US companies with respect to the use of the .com top level domain in recent years. Up until a few years ago, .com was a generic, worldwide domain for commercial presence without direct suggestion that the company is US based. That's increasingly not the case - driven especially by Amazon and ebay where they have declared their .com sites to be US only. While anyone can still register their subdomain within .com; it is increasingly the case that such subdomains are regarded as US based. This is a situation pushed by the US alone.

In the case of Korg, whether you like it or not, people across the world (correctly) go to www.korg.com as a 1st-port-of-call for official news on Korg activity; yet this is not a Korg web site. It is KORG-USA.

The only thing that confuses me about this is why Korg - as in the company called Korg - are happy with this perpetuating confusion; and you would think that Korg-USA would spend the small time required to provide a broad portal to individual Korg web sites in order to provide a consistent sense fo what Korg is internationally and nationally.

While I don't give it prolonged thought, nothing irks me more than innocently spending time reading about a promotion, only to discover that it is exclusive to US residence - having already wasted my bloody time reading the damn thing!

And while I'm at it(!) I'll qualify the point I made on the other related thread. While I personally don't care for a microsampler and so this promotion is irrelevant personally; I cannot comprehend Korg corporate allowing Korg-USA to go it alone on the eve of the launch of probably their most important instrument in a decade; letting them give away samplers to US residents only; as if to say - rest of the world - you're worth less. I am confident - very confident - that there are a number of people across the world looking in on this and feeling sour about it and questioning why they should part with more money than Korg USA customers. Korg-USA may be responsible for the loss of several hundered Kronos sales outside of the US by offering exclusive deals on the .com Korg website at this critical juncture for Korg Kronos sales.

Kevin.

Last edited by Kevin Nolan on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:11 pm; edited 8 times in total
T7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already pre-ordered a Kronos 61 from Sweetwater. I want a free Microsampler, too!
Devnor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bitter oasys owners know no end. Now they feel the need to complain about the website. Better now?
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clarifing you post Kevin! I appreciarte it! very cool Cool

Quote:
The only thing that confuses me about this is why Korg - as in the company called Korg - are happy with this perpetuating confusion; and you would think that Korg-USA would spend the small time required to provide a broad portal to individual Korg web sites in order to provide a consistent sense of what Korg is internationally and nationally.

While I don't give it prolonged thought, nothing irks me more than innocently spending time reading about a promotion, only to discover that it is exclusive to US residence - having already wasted my bloody time reading the damn thing!

I agree there should be clear differentiation. I believe any bad impressions given to possible customers is a bad idea! I can see how promotions could happen in one country and not another but it should be made clear before hand. I too am on the list at sweetwater but I know I won't see a micro sampler. The again why would you want one when you have the Kronos? Confused Confused
Citizen Klaus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
I too am on the list at sweetwater but I know I won't see a micro sampler. The again why would you want one when you have the Kronos? Confused Confused

There's any number of functions it could fulfill. Cheap sonic toy, rudimentary MIDI controller, gift for a music-loving friend or family member...

Personally, though, I think I'd rather have a discount off MSRP. Things are looking up for this summer, and I'm getting really close to placing a pre-order -- Nova Musik's looking like the most attractive option.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually on the list for the 61 and 88 key Kronos, I just don't know which I will get yet. I haven't found the keybed of the 88 around to try anywhere. I am sure my kis would love a micro smapler and if I had one I would certainly take it on the road with me for work. Things like that keep me out of the bars at night, and out of trouble! But the Kronos has a mic input isn't it capable of doing what the micro smapler does?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
I'm actually on the list for the 61 and 88 key Kronos, I just don't know which I will get yet. I haven't found the keybed of the 88 around to try anywhere. I am sure my kis would love a micro smapler and if I had one I would certainly take it on the road with me for work. Things like that keep me out of the bars at night, and out of trouble! But the Kronos has a mic input isn't it capable of doing what the micro smapler does?

try the SV-1

same Rh3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: