Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Talk me down?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ozy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:
And yes, you DO sound like a TROLL! Rolling Eyes

Now I can die.

Now I've finally seen anything a human being can see in his life.

Sina calling somebody (anybody) else "a troll" was a Suoernatural Experience,

but Penumbra rebuking him takes the Great Cake in the Sky.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the truth is I do not need to save, I have all the cash I need for the Kronos and the Nord C2 if I so choose. I also have other wants that as of last night I prioritized above them. I prioritized my needs and wants last night and the Kronos is on hold until I acomplish a couple other goals. I will, eventually have a Kronos and a Nord C2, I like the C2 keybed so I am not concerned about redundancy, and I like the portability of the Little Phatty so I will probably add one of them alos, maybe sooner then the others. I travel a lot and it is nice to have some smalll gear to go on the road with me. I have my travel favorites; a mando, an Oldwave Oval A with Blohm tuner buttons, or my Martin 000-18GE, or the wave drum. I want some PA speakes, a new computer, a garage, a deck, to finish my basement, the point is there is always something. Even with some cash on hand you have to prioritize and make the right choices. Mine is eliminate all debt, other then my mortgage, in the next 10 months . I'll appproach that after the Credit bills are gone, but not at the expense of having some fun with my family and meeting there needs and wants also. The bug is crushed and I know where in the order I have made of my life, the Kronos sits. You have all helped thank you. I am sold on a Kronos but just not right away.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All I'm hearing are justifications as why things are the way they are between you two, thereby focusing on what seems to be your current situation, etc, etc.

It's all BS to me. In November of 2008, years ago my OASYS was stolen. Yes. STOLEN. An $8000 70-Pound mammoth of an instrument got stolen. And my WHOLE LIFE came crashing down on me and I had to move back in with my parents. My house got forclosed, and I lost almost EVERYTHING I had soon after.

Thank god my parents took me in, because I couldn't even afford to eat. That's how bad things were for me. But that experience and that situation put me in a completely different mindset:

Everything I was doing wasn't working. So I got help. I talked to a lot of successful people and got a LOT of insight. I then learned about the mind and the Law of Attraction and in a very short period of time, it all started to make sense. 14 months later (in 2010), I get my OASYS back, thanks to someone here who posted an eBay auction that had my serial number clearly posted on one of the pictures of the OASYS which started the whole recovery process.

Thanks to all the help I got that year, I was not only able to obtain got all the gear I had again, but miracles were happening to me left and right, financially. Today, I have probably the biggest arsenal of studio gear you can imagine and it all happened because I changed the way I think, feel and do things.

And like you guys, I was in this mindset that where I am is where I was always gonna be. As I began to change, I realized that that was the most commonly traveled road to a life of mediocrity I had ever heard. But I didn't know that until I started to seek help and thank God I did.

Your current situation means diddly squat. It doesn't even matter where you are today. NO ONE cares where you are at and neither should you. You want something? Believe you can have it, find a way to get it and go get it. It's really that simple.

That's why I told both of you that what you said were excuses and what you said is all BS to me. The more excuses you make, the more you justify and the more you justify, the you more you limit yourself in what you can have, be or do in your life.

Sina

Sina you make a few assumptions in this post. A persons current situation is absolutely relevant whether it means anything to you or not doesn't matter. Also you can not begin to understand any of our, eh-mm excuses, unless you have walked in out shoes. You have not, your experiences and ours are not the same and our situations are not the same. I do not claim to be enlightened or some kind of zen master but I am at peace get what I truly want and usually everything works out for me. Praying, meditation, making the right choices and doing well all play a role in that. Your approach to interaction with others lacks refinement and your perceived position of glorious enlightenment, listen to me I am the only source of ultimate knowledge puts people off. You need more theta and delta time learning to understand and improve your communication skills. Good luck with that. Cool I mean this constructively, been meditating myself since the age of 8, good stress relief.

Ozy glad you got a chuckle! Laughing
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp should make a pop up when you click on the kronos section that reads
"!WARNING! NO THREAD WILL BE REPLIED TO WITHOUT A MASSIVE SHITSTORM BLOWING THROUGH"

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
ozy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina wrote:
me me me me me, my my my, my WHOLE LIFE came crashing down on me and I had to move back in with my parents. My house got forclosed, and I lost almost EVERYTHING I had soon after. Thank god my parents took me in, because I couldn't even afford to eat. That's how bad things were for me. Etc etc and you guys you guys you losers etc etc etc

Sina,

everybody's happy for you. Sincerely.

The first time you tried living alone, you couldn't pay the rent, and your parents took you back. Good. Good parents, wise and humble son.

In that difficult time you also find nice psychological support. Good.

You feel like recommending to everybody the psychological method which helped you. Good. Perfect. Totally obvious.

You then matured and now fell like an adult. Excellent! Best wishes for a prosperous life.

But.

Now, try for a moment thinking that the people you are scolding here

have children and feed them and send them to school,
have employees and carry the responsibility of a business,
have sick parents or spouses and provide for them,
have lived through failures, illness, wars, divorces, taxes.
have done jobs which were a little bit harder than modeling demos on pro-tools.

Try getting in their shoes.

And: MAYBE, just MAYBE, six difficult months in your teen years will NO MORE sound like a badge of honour and/or material for a precocius self-celebrating biography.

Will you try for 30 seconds, please?

Thanks.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbinhood wrote:
"!WARNING! NO THREAD WILL BE REPLIED TO WITHOUT A MASSIVE SHITSTORM BLOWING THROUGH"

I've not been on the forums much over the last 10 days due to my work, but now that I'm back I can see I will have to contact a few people.

GUYS....!!!! READ THIS THREAD..!!!!!

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=58593

Regards
Sharp.
Mystic38

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Bertotti,

In your position I certainly would not get the Kronos.. there is a significant learning curve in understanding ANY new synth.. and Kronos is not ONE new synth... If you want to play and enjoy nice organ tones..then get the instrument that gives that to you.

But, since you originally came here thinking microkorg.. why not get also some sort of VA to learn and practice soundshaping?.. an Alesis ION, Access Virus A, Korg MS2000, Novation Nova, Supernova, Gaia, JP8000... these are all <=$500 and all can make great sounds and have enough knobs and buttons to avoid menu diving.

So you can have tremendous fun at low $$ learning to do more than play presets... and still have the organ tones you want in a Nord.

cheers..

p.s. to all.. "no bugs"??? ROFL
Korg PA4X, Nord Stage 3, Virus Ti Polar, Novation Nova II, Yamaha S70XS, MPC-X, TC Helicon Voicelive Rack, KRK VXT8 monitors, 2012 LP Standard, 1999 Am. hardtail Strat, Fender DRRI, Orange AD30HTC, Marshall Vintage Modern, 2 cans and a piece of string...
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

That there is some funny stuff! Laughing Laughing Laughing

mystic I was eyeballing the micro korg this morning thinking it would be a good learning paltform that or the xl. Also keep me busy with a toy untill a few other things are inline and I spend the big buck on something else. I am pulling the kimball out of storage so I should have it fixed in a few weekends. Both of those will hold me over till next year. I would still like the Kronos but not first. I do as sugested get my feet wet then give it to my kids they will love it also, the xl I think.

Sorry for any problems Sharp!

Ozy you slay me. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Mystic38

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

before you plump for the uK, as it has the same sound engine as the MS2000 but not the 35 knobs and 49 buttons, you should checkout..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaVU_vqaMSU

but either way..see you in the MS2K/uK forum!..

Bertotti wrote:
Quote:

That there is some funny stuff! Laughing Laughing Laughing

mystic I was eyeballing the micro korg this morning thinking it would be a good learning paltform that or the xl. Also keep me busy with a toy untill a few other things are inline and I spend the big buck on something else. I am pulling the kimball out of storage so I should have it fixed in a few weekends. Both of those will hold me over till next year. I would still like the Kronos but not first. I do as sugested get my feet wet then give it to my kids they will love it also, the xl I think.

Sorry for any problems Sharp!

Ozy you slay me. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Korg PA4X, Nord Stage 3, Virus Ti Polar, Novation Nova II, Yamaha S70XS, MPC-X, TC Helicon Voicelive Rack, KRK VXT8 monitors, 2012 LP Standard, 1999 Am. hardtail Strat, Fender DRRI, Orange AD30HTC, Marshall Vintage Modern, 2 cans and a piece of string...
Hedegaard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
Well the truth is I do not need to save, I have all the cash I need for the Kronos and the Nord C2 if I so choose.

Ah ok, its just a luxury problem then.
I thought your previous posts were serious, you were a starving student, now I see its just a "few thoughts in the head kinda thing."
Great Smile

I guess Sina was right afterall, that your situation is just BS?
(No offence meant)
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole role playing game is complete nonsense.

Bertotti, each time someone tells me I should convince him/her to buy something, I just say one word: "No."

Why?
I'm not even a tiny bit interested in doing the job this person has to do for himself/herself: check alternatives and make a decision. Concrete questions about certain advantages/disadvantages are ok. Pushing the burdon of arguing and providing all clues neccessary for a decision to others, without even knowing the situation of the person who really has to decide, is nothing but a totally silly game.

And it becomes even more silly when this person changes the background of the decision arbitrary during the thread, like from "poor student mode" to "I can have it all".

Even the original expectation to be pushed back is expecting much too much work from us. We're just too lazy for such sick tasks! Just do your job yourself, and keep up all options, while we have long begun playing Kronos! Laughing
Citizen Klaus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hedegaard wrote:
So yes, Berlotti and Citizen Klaus, of course 3000$ is a big investment for something that is "hobby" (however you define it).

I'm well aware of this -- and, in fact, I still intend to get a Kronos. It's just a matter of when. Personally, I'm of the opinion that it would be irresponsible for me to place a preorder until I know I'll be able to pay for it (sell an article or two, make sure that I have a job lined up for after graduation, etc.), but I have a feeling that I'll probably own a Kronos within the next 12 months.

My whole point with that post wasn't to throw a pity party; it was merely to point out that, for some people, a $3000 purchase is something that requires a great deal of thought and planning, and can't simply be an impulse buy.

Quote:
I thought your previous posts were serious, you were a starving student

Nah, Bertotti mentioned that he's 45 and married with kids. I'm the starving student. Razz
ozy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Citizen Klaus wrote:
Quote:
I thought your previous posts were serious, you were a starving student
Nah, Bertotti mentioned that he's 45 and married with kids. I'm the starving student. Razz

I'm getting confused. Think

I thought you were the "Chubby Cheerleader", and SINA was the "Starving Student".

Who's "Desperate in Dallas" then? d'oh!

jimknopf wrote:
This whole role playing game is complete nonsense

You have no idea HOW nonsensical it is:

me, for example, I am a Russian Baroness
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well gents and ladies if any are present, I am not trying to confuse anyone and I know no one can make up my mind but from outside looking in and making comments it helps me sort things out that's all. I madd my decision and oddly enough everyones comments helped me. I realized I do not want one so bad I have to have it now. My priorities are in line with what will make me feel the best, keep everyone in the family happy and get me out of a daily job and mortgage that much sooner. I say I will have some things in a year but truth is if I am not interested in them then then this was nothing but a in the moment kind of whim that would have cost me money I could have used for something with a longer period of enjoyment.

I have no doubt that the Kronos is the Bee's Knees! I found it so stellar in the you tube vids and conversations here I got blinded by the immediate bling of it all! As it is trying to get someone to talk me into something is silly but the arguments did help. Now I am off to take the cash and buy some lumber for my new garage! Something I have wanted a lot longer then a synth! I sure hope you all don't have to wit to long to get your Kronos and I hope the price comes in below what you think! I am looking forward to the links to songs and sounds you all will create. Congratulations on your future acquisition.

Oh and I think I was pretty clear early on that I am not a starving student. I passed that phase long ago and wasn't really starving because I worked three jobs and went to school full time. One benefit of being in the Marines before I started school was the work ethic I learned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: