Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Musikmesse 6th April
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RKfan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Musikmesse 6th April Reply with quote

So its just 2 weeks and 2 days (and counting) to Musikmesse 2011 - how exciting.

Korg are going to show the Kronos to loads of potential (excited, but not yet convinced) European customers....wish I could get time off work and see if the hype really is worth it (from all the vids I have seen - I am still loving it...)

So.........

I guess we'll get to hear what the European prices and release dates are going to be.............. right??.............. Hey Korg..........Right???

Just imagine the panic going round the Korg pricing team right now (if they aren't panicing they ought to be)......................

Come on Korg do the right thing, don't over price the Kronos, use it to kill off Yamaha and Roland.............. at least untill they come out of their comas and develop some new technology.

Good luck with those spreadsheets and projections..
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Kprg will announce a bunch of game changing upgrades that people here have been wanting even before the official release!
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
Maybe Kprg will announce a bunch of game changing upgrades that people here have been wanting even before the official release!

Absolutely not. Korg is focused on finishing the initial software release.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was trying to joke a bit without starting a, well you know how the other threads have gone.
Crystalmsc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno if it's going to be announced at Messe or not. But right before the show, there's finally an official word about Ableton Live 9 and a mystery twit from Nova Musik.
Korg: Wavedrum/Mini/Global, MS-20m, Volca Beats/Bass/Key, Trinity Pro, Karma + Moss Board, 01R/W, Wavestation/SR/EX, microKORG XL, Kaossilator Pro, iKaossilator, Kaoss Pad Quad, Monotribe, Monotron/duo/delay, DS-10, Korg Collection V2, Korg Gadget, microKEY25
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Citizen Klaus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crystalmsc wrote:
a mystery twit from Nova Musik.

Moog Guitar with a transparent cover over the electronics cavity, I'm guessing.
Crystalmsc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Citizen Klaus wrote:
Crystalmsc wrote:
a mystery twit from Nova Musik.

Moog Guitar with a transparent cover over the electronics cavity, I'm guessing.

Hehe..may be. But I'm reffering to this one,"Big big news coming from Ableton Live very soon!!!! You should be excited!"
Korg: Wavedrum/Mini/Global, MS-20m, Volca Beats/Bass/Key, Trinity Pro, Karma + Moss Board, 01R/W, Wavestation/SR/EX, microKORG XL, Kaossilator Pro, iKaossilator, Kaoss Pad Quad, Monotribe, Monotron/duo/delay, DS-10, Korg Collection V2, Korg Gadget, microKEY25
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RKfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: What's Roland up to? Reply with quote

New Synth??

http://roland.co.uk/

Looks like something with keys and knobs (seen those on the V-Synth before).... there are rumours of the name "Jupiter".... "The spirit of a legend re-emerges" being reused.

Will it be shipping in Europe before Christmas....

This was on the Roland_US site and it got replaced - the UK didn't change their website. I guess since the GAIA last year they've been working on something a bit more ambitious....
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping that if it is a new VA - which is likely, I doubt Fantom G is getting the boot - that Roland is making something like a JD-2000 rather than a basic Jupiter VA. I have a JP-2000 and it does sound decent enough to hold onto in the face of my Virus and Radias, and the synth market is already glutted with quite a few VAs already, but who knows? A Jupiter-X with great sounding filters - come on Roland, you can do it this time - could garner then some decent sales, especially if it's priced right. But with Gaia already there, this had better be something special. Here's hoping for a JD...
Crystalmsc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

synthguy wrote:
something like a JD-2000 rather than a basic Jupiter VA.

Interesting, may be something like the hardware version of Omnisphere with a decent interface. I also like to see a real analog monosynth, like the Monotron version of the SH line, with keys, midi, a better user interface and a low price.
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at NAMM they whored off Fantom G pretty badly, they rented them out to a LOT of companies (like ultimate) for display and stuff, i highly doubt its getting the boot.

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
DaveBoulden

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbinhood wrote:
at NAMM they whored off Fantom G pretty badly, they rented them out to a LOT of companies (like ultimate) for display and stuff, i highly doubt its getting the boot.

Though I do believe a new Fantom or replacement workstation could fit in with their recent, albeit slight erratic, release cycle. The original FA76 was released in 2001, Fantom S in 2003, Fantom X in 2004 and Fantom G in 2008. I'm hoping so anyway as it'd be a suitable replacement for my X7 to complement a Kronos 73 (replacing my M3-88).
RKfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crystalmsc wrote:

Interesting, may be something like the hardware version of Omnisphere with a decent interface. I also like to see a real analog monosynth, like the Monotron version of the SH line, with keys, midi, a better user interface and a low price.

I have just read about omnisphere - a hardware version of that would be awesome - I lost count on the number of synthesis engines (ran out of fingers) and 40GB of sounds... Hmmm might get me one of those (if it existed, which I doubt).
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RKfan wrote:
Crystalmsc wrote:

I have just read about omnisphere - a hardware version of that would be awesome - I lost count on the number of synthesis engines (ran out of fingers) and 40GB of sounds... Hmmm might get me one of those (if it existed, which I doubt).

Omnisphere 1.5 is over 50GB and 5000+ patches now. Absolutely my favorite VSTi.

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
UKSimon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you bought one of the Lionstracs Groove X keyboards, then you could load Omnisphere and away you go.
http://lionstracs.com/store/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: