Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos ribbon controller
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brimoore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Kronos ribbon controller Reply with quote

I wish that Korg would post the Kronos manual soon, so I could just dive in and find the answer for myself...BUT in the mean time....
I wonder if the ribbon controller will be able to generate note on/off - also is the ribbon controller pressure sensitive?

I love ribbon controllers - I wish the one on the Kronos was longer - I loved the one on my K2500!
X-Trade

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine it would have the same function as the one on the OASYS and M3 and Tritons - as in a linear (one dimensional) modulation source only.

In which case you can't get notes 'directly' from it, but KARMA for example can be employed for example to generate strumming effects from any modulation source such as the mod/bend joystick or the ribbon.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
RichF

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not pressure-sensitive, but yes, it can generate notes via KARMA.
brimoore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answers guys Smile I really am excited at the possibly of getting to play one in April when it comes to Bellevue!!! Maybe I'll just call "shotgun" for the ribbon controller - everyone else can play the keys, but I'm in charge of the ribbon!
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brimoore wrote:
I really am excited at the possibly of getting to play one in April when it comes to Bellevue!!!

See you there.

Busch.
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichF wrote:
It's not pressure-sensitive

Gets a negative mark from me. Sad
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brimore -

The ribbon controller on the OASYS feels lovely - I'm sure the one on Kronos will be equally nice. The ability to lock it's state with switch SW2 is also very nice indeed.

Re manuals - I highly recommend logging in on korguser.net and downloading the plethora of OASYS manuals - you'll learn loads. All of OASYS's 7 EXi's are the same, most of the operations and all of Karma. There are also original manuals for the likes of the MS20. There's a lot in there so you could give youself a real head start from those.

I have all my OASYS documentaion on my iPad and for the first time in 5 years I'm actually reading the damn things (in coffee shops - I'm the nerd in the corner Razz ) and finally learning all about MOD-7, Karma, OASYS's (Kronos') fantastic step sequencers, AMS, STR-1, and on and on. Dry reading - but really enhancing my understanding of these wonderful instruments.

Kevin.
brimoore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kevin - thats a great idea! I know there'll probably be some "Kronos-only" stuff, but I'll bet there's lots of copying and pasting from the existing product manuals too.

It's kind of silly to project so much into the future. I wish I could just wait quietly...but I can't!!!!!
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brimoore wrote:
Thanks Kevin -, but I'll bet there's lots of copying and pasting from the existing product manuals too.

I guess that's one way of looking at it, but if copying and pasting took place, one would think the manuals would have been posted by now? Wink

I can't imagine them being a whole lot longer, with only a month or two before the "K' release..
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Kronos ships as expected, May/June, one would think the Manual is very close to post time, .. no? Rolling Eyes
theshinenz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really amping to see the manual too, seems like a year since they announced it, I REALLY hope it's not any later than June!
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan had commented a few weeks ago that he was working on it as he was posting.
My guess is that if shipments do take place in June, maybe we will see some sign of them in late May?
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't expect the manuals until just before or after shipping...
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos ribbon controller Reply with quote

brimoore wrote:

I love ribbon controllers - I wish the one on the Kronos was longer - I loved the one on my K2500!

like THIS one?

I assume that's a ribbon controller on it... but i always wondered
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos ribbon controller Reply with quote

Gargamel314 wrote:
brimoore wrote:

like THIS one?

I assume that's a ribbon controller on it... but i always wondered

That's not a ribbon controller, .. it's an onboard slot to keep your Mac-book while traveling. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: