Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

kronos shipped?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: HI Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
EnjoyRC wrote:
taadhathan wrote:
HI THIS IS MY FIRST POST

Welcome to the Korg Forums!!!! How did you choose which Forum to post in? Cool

spam link in signature....

did u report the spammer ?
mm-pro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he's selling radiation or nuclear secrets? Shocked

Regards,

MM
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm-pro wrote:
Maybe he's selling radiation or nuclear secrets? Shocked

Regards,

MM

I bet he is tracking the ' radiation experts ' on this forum
Laughing
Hal2001

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Another Kronos 88 Delay I'm told today Reply with quote

My supplier just called me to say my Kronos 88 pre-order is delayed until august (was end of June) and I was on the first shipment que. I'm on the east coast and this is a well known reputable mail order dealer in the US. anyone get this news today? I just want to make sure I haven't been bumped for another order. thanks.

Last edited by Hal2001 on Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
theshinenz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this is not the case I will go and buy a motif if it's true.
Hal2001

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: It was on the 88 Reply with quote

BTW I forgot to mention that my notification of delay is on my 88 key pre-order. I had assumed it was across the board but DK.
Hal2001

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theshinenz wrote:

I had narrowed it down to Motif or Kronos and I believe I made the right decision because it's so different a keyboard. At least for me, I had always dreamed of an Oasys and I still would rather have a new Kronos than a used Oasys. And, although I like te Motif very much, it looks to me like not much of an improvement over the previous version. So, I'm just trying to be patient and think that in the end, hopefully, it will be worth it. I expect to own this keyboard and live with it for a long time.
theshinenz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hal2001 wrote:
theshinenz wrote:

I had narrowed it down to Motif or Kronos and I believe I made the right decision because it's so different a keyboard. At least for me, I had always dreamed of an Oasys and I still would rather have a new Kronos than a used Oasys. And, although I like te Motif very much, it looks to me like not much of an improvement over the previous version. So, I'm just trying to be patient and think that in the end, hopefully, it will be worth it. I expect to own this keyboard and live with it for a long time.

I was thinking the same, but August is just too far away, I'd prob reconsider then but in the meantime I need another synth, I have the option of either going for a 61 or 73 key version as I have a Kurz PC3 and if I get the 73 will be selling the pc3 and getting the pc361 or obviously can go the other way round and sacrifice the fully weighted keybed. Fingers crossed one or the other is available this month, I guess I could also import from Japan but have already paid for the 61 from the US so hoping its not too much longer. Confused
Hal2001

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="theshinenz"][quote="Hal2001"]
theshinenz wrote:
I'd prob reconsider then but in the meantime I need another synth, I have the option of either going for a 61 or 73 key version as I have a Kurz PC3 and if I get the 73 will be selling the pc3 and getting the pc361 or obviously can go the other way round and sacrifice the fully weighted keybed. Fingers crossed one or the other is available this month, I guess I could also import from Japan but have already paid for the 61 from the US so hoping its not too much longer. Confused

I'm in the same boat, without a workstation. I'm currently considering either a 61 key controller and hook it up to my computer for temp use. Or maybe get a M-Audio Venom synth for temp use and for afterwards. It sounds pretty cool. It's only 49 keys but it has some sound capabilities that might be nice add-ons to the Kronos when after comes in. I could have something to learn while waiting.
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I was the only weirdo who thought like this. Laughing

When Kronos was delayed by that hideous disaster, I pounced on a Kurzweil PC3 myself. I needed some fresh sounds, or so I thought. I got the PC3, and... well, was a bit disappointed, frankly. I know the synth is capable of all kinds of sounds, but it's really quite limited to tons of meat n potato kinds of patches, way too many organs which the Kurz team is even now in the process of making better patches for. It's a very tedious instrument, even with the Sound Tower editor, and the arcane functions are an even bigger shot in the dark than FM, so rolling your own sounds is an even lengthier process than any other synth.

I got frustrated with the unresponsive keybed which won't let me play high velocities, and went back to my M3. And... became very happy all over again. Wink

Fearing that I couldn't afford the Kronos, I bought a used Yamaha SY77 which just arrived. And frankly, with it, the M3, PC3, Motif, Radias, Virus, Arturia Origin and Wavestation... and MORE... I just about have the Kronos duplicated. Sort of. But not quite. However, I'm not in a rush to get something else anymore. If it's not the Kronos, I'll just wait. I can't think of anything else being as cool, other than the Jupiter-80.
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I can understand the urge to buy equipment.

I took the opportunity to up grade my motif XS6 to a Motif XF6. I am very happy I did, the screen is about 1200% better.

I jumped on a PC361 last year. The sounds are great, but I don't use it much. I spend the bulk of my performance time on the Fantom G7, M3, and XF.

I midi the Korg microStation from the Fantom, For some reason I really like the piano sound on the microStation, I mix it in with the Fantom's piano sounds.

I use the SV-1 for my electric Piano sounds.

I use a Roland SH01 Gaia and a Nord Lead 2 for synth sounds

Oh! I already have a Kronos & more, my setup is generally comprised of 11 keyboards in a square configuration, giving me many options for studio performance. For live work I usually take two keyboards, and the Fantom G always makes the list.

But, the with the Kronos I could get rid of the midi patchers and cable and at least 7 or 8 keyboards and be able to easily take the setup for live performance.

Hell No! I'm not looking for less! I am looking for more! I love my equipment.

So! the Kronos stays on backorder, and I'll just have to wait. Maybe I could learn the program the PC361, but I hope not, Korg stuff is way cooler.
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, as I pretty much managed to hold off my GAS!!!! Laughing

Since the announcement in Jan, I've only bought 2 things, which is bizarre as I needed new kit as a result of my studio flood. I've managed to work with the existing kit anyway which was brilliant. I caved in though and bought -

a V-Synth XT (NEW for just over £750!!! - pretty much the last one in the country imho) - I was going to buy anyway because I wanted one prior to Kronos and at this price, it was too good to miss.

I bought a used DX7s (with a fubar'd battery for just over £60!) - replaced the battery, restored the sounds..... and I LOVE it.

So when Kronos arrives, I'll have quite an arsenal of sounds - I my get rid of the DX, don't know tbh (it was my childhood synth anyway - I could just be reliving my youth!), but I do know that if it needs to go, I'll make money on it, and have a clear conscience, as I've restored it back to health.

I'll be honest, kudos to those who do it, but I could buy a piece of kit as a "tide-me-over" device, knowing that when the time comes, I'll lose a lot of money on it........ seems quite an impatient method of dealing with the issue (all imho - and fair play to those who do that........but you must have more money than sense!!! Laughing Wink )
Dan
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
theshinenz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the time I buy a motif xf which I am doing now, because I am in Australia and the prices are high I could resell and not loose much if any one one so not a big issue, but chances are I may sell the Kurz instead and go with the motif/kronos combo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: