Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Group Buy for Kronos... UK only.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Group Buy for Kronos... UK only..... Reply with quote

Following on from a reply I put in another post, would any UK owners be interested in a group buy?

I don't mind doing the leg-work (might even get some additional discount as I work in Education, so get lots of deals anyway).......

Just to add some more details - any prospective orders are still individual (delivery address, payment options etc): the aim of this post is to get a ball park figure to approach some dealers/contacts to agree something in PRINCIPLE.

If you're interested. copy/paste this post into your reply and add yourself to the list -

1. ScoobyDoo555 - Kronos 61
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
kineticsoundprism

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Group Buy for Kronos... UK only..... Reply with quote

i would be interested but do Korg or their distributers offer these kind of sales ? i thought to buy a korg product in bulk you have to agree to take x amount of every korg product or be a proper retailer listing all their products ? i could be wrong .

I would definately be interested if you can get good prices but you know Korg and other retailers try and avoid this to some degree as it effects retail market value and you get undercutting in the early sales stage of a new product which is not good for business....

ScoobyDoo555 wrote:
Following on from a reply I put in another post, would any UK owners be interested in a group buy?

I don't mind doing the leg-work (might even get some additional discount as I work in Education, so get lots of deals anyway).......

Just to add some more details - any prospective orders are still individual (delivery address, payment options etc): the aim of this post is to get a ball park figure to approach some dealers/contacts to agree something in PRINCIPLE.

If you're interested. copy/paste this post into your reply and add yourself to the list -

1. ScoobyDoo555 - Kronos 61
RKfan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say hold your horses for a couple of weeks.

Firstly I would wait to see what the Kronos shipping dates and prices are first - I am supposing that these will get announced on April 6th. If the prices are completely unrealistic, I just won't buy one.

Second, there must be some eager Korg rep wishing to make their bonus this year.

Third, my suggestion didn't cut out the music shops for a few good reasons (i) The shops have got to make a buck too and will be quite happy to offer after sales service (no need to set yourselves up as a distributor) (ii) This way Korg still make money (we like Korg, they make great keyboards) we just dont want them profiteering (iii) Shops will be quite happy to take a big order (keeps them in business) and they will deliver where-ever you ask them to.

A direct purchase from Korg would be great if you could get wholesale prices - but I doubt that it would fly (or a pain at least).

And again I would be looking for a bit of security with respect to moving the money around (a shop would be quite happy to do this for you, if the group promised to buy from them).
axxim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if I am not in/from UK and don't think of buying a Kronos, I would enforce such a buyers community. Supposing you get a notable number of participants that seriously will take part on it (and will have the discipline to wait until there is a good offer), you can ask each dealer for the best prices. I bet my ... that every dealer will considere seriously in getting such a big order instead of seeing someone else make that deal.

So it is up to you! You have the money then you have the power!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyi18932rUoHqUTEpsykkIg

Last edited by axxim on Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
pragmatist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to get the thread back on track then yes i would be interested in a group buy!
RKfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you guys are interested in a group buy or a special one of purchase let me know as I will be keeping the Kronos in stock at all times when they are available and be more than happy to sort you guys a much better deal than what's available on the web.

Regards, Thomas. (Soundslive)

Just found this on Gearslutz - one sales guy interested in helping us get a deal!
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep - keen to help out a load of us Smile

As soon as the price & due date is announced, I'll be back in touch with Thomas Smile
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
RKfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course - its probably best to select a few retailers (Andertons, Digital Village, Bonners etc.) so you see who is really serious about helping us get the best price - this is how purchasing power works these days (you can even get good deals on BMWs)...
dangerousdave

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'd be interested. I'm badly needing a serious upgrade, and the K-73 ticks all the boxes... depending on the price.
RKfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just resurfacing this one...

Someone at instruments2go (whoever they are) are suggesting the RRP of a 73key Kronos is £3,499 ($5,700) and the street price woudl be £2999 ($4900) - if this RUMOUR is true then maybe we should go for a pan-EU purchasing policy.

Part of that policy would be to be as patient with our purchasing as we have been in waiting for the product release (which looks like its 6 months after NAMM) - what would Korg EU do if we waited another 6 months before we bought any units?

Just a suggestion.

Of course if this rumour is true - hope it isnt then could someone open the thread "Korg Kronos is too expensive!" - that one will run and run
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: