Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What happened?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UCanDream

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: What happened? Reply with quote

Geez....

What happened to this place? I used to really look forward to coming here and gleaning something from those of you that are experts or more technically savvy than me (which doesn't take much). We all probably figured with the upcoming release of the Kronos that a lot of new forum members would emerge. Sharp even issued some friendly reminders of forum policies so that current and new members would have those things fresh on our minds. No, I am not pretending to be some self-assigned forum cop. But gawd! (...please excuse that expression if you felt that I was using a slang form of "God"...) This place has taken a turn for the worse with so much controversy and off topic hijacking! And frankly, some members (a very small number) that I have had at least some respect for in the past have used this place to say some of the meanest spirited things I have ever read in a forum. A couple have regularly capitalized on their choice (though, perhaps not their right...I dunno) to bash people and dispel a bitter onslaught of hate-ridden verbiage that is, by design, intended to belittle others and (seemingly) elevate themselves. I don't get it. How did such a cool forum get so sideways and off track? I hesitate to even come back here knowing the venom that will be spat in my direction. Man, Sharp must be overwhelmed by this ridiculous crap! I suppose if I actually press the "Submit" button that my comments will incite some to turn this post into a "Hate Thread." Well, I refrained from using any names so any rancorous dispositions please take it easy....I am simply noting what I have observed while reading some of the content within various posts.

On another note: Oasys has been out for what....six years?? LOL. Check out the sheer number of Kronos posts compared to Oasys posts! Even without having been released yet the Kronos has generated over 1/3 of the posts of the Oasys. Wow! In any event, I am going to try to control my enthusiasm and NOT buy a Kronos anytime soon after its release. Ummm....no, not because of radiation (please don't "run with that," anyone!) but rather, I want one of the V2 versions! **snicker** You guys know that all the bugs get worked out on the first wave of consumers. I'll be anxious to read about the various quirks that the initial units have....that is, if Korg Forums has not deteriorated into an R-rated setting for the wanton articulate assault of one member on another by then.

...What a shame...

Best wishes to each of you. (Special thoughts to those afflicted by the tragic events in Japan. You guys, hang in there.)

UCanDream aka David
Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm completely with you on this one David. Over the past couple of weeks I have seen almost every thread turn in to an argument. I've witnessed arguments on...........
War
Religion
Race
The environment
Radiation poisoning
Nuclear disasters
And most of those arguments were just in one thread!
And I'm sure if I took the time to go back through old threads then I'd probably find dozens more arguments.
I think it's a combination of some people taking jokes too far, some people blabbing about things they know nothing about and some people taking things way too seriously.

I think that people need to remember that this is a forum for music lovers. If you want to express your opinions then feel free to do so but please stop all this arguing.

If you're offended by a particular post then report it to Sharp. Please don't start another thread full of hate.

Rant over!

Emma
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave and Emma,

+1

I'd prefer to think that the great piles of manure are a sign that there might be a pony here somewhere.

Still, what a great step forward it would be if everyone could resolve to keep at least half of their posts helpful or at least on-topic.

Let's limit pushing each other's buttons to programming tips.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What happened? Reply with quote

UCanDream wrote:
Geez....

What happened to this place? I used to really look forward to coming here and gleaning something from those of you that are experts or more technically savvy than me (which doesn't take much). We all probably figured with the upcoming release of the Kronos that a lot of new forum members would emerge. Sharp even issued some friendly reminders of forum policies so that current and new members would have those things fresh on our minds. No, I am not pretending to be some self-assigned forum cop. But gawd! (...please excuse that expression if you felt that I was using a slang form of "God"...) This place has taken a turn for the worse with so much controversy and off topic hijacking! And frankly, some members (a very small number) that I have had at least some respect for in the past have used this place to say some of the meanest spirited things I have ever read in a forum. A couple have regularly capitalized on their choice (though, perhaps not their right...I dunno) to bash people and dispel a bitter onslaught of hate-ridden verbiage that is, by design, intended to belittle others and (seemingly) elevate themselves. I don't get it. How did such a cool forum get so sideways and off track? I hesitate to even come back here knowing the venom that will be spat in my direction. Man, Sharp must be overwhelmed by this ridiculous crap! I suppose if I actually press the "Submit" button that my comments will incite some to turn this post into a "Hate Thread." Well, I refrained from using any names so any rancorous dispositions please take it easy....I am simply noting what I have observed while reading some of the content within various posts.

On another note: Oasys has been out for what....six years?? LOL. Check out the sheer number of Kronos posts compared to Oasys posts! Even without having been released yet the Kronos has generated over 1/3 of the posts of the Oasys. Wow! In any event, I am going to try to control my enthusiasm and NOT buy a Kronos anytime soon after its release. Ummm....no, not because of radiation (please don't "run with that," anyone!) but rather, I want one of the V2 versions! **snicker** You guys know that all the bugs get worked out on the first wave of consumers. I'll be anxious to read about the various quirks that the initial units have....that is, if Korg Forums has not deteriorated into an R-rated setting for the wanton articulate assault of one member on another by then.

...What a shame...

Best wishes to each of you. (Special thoughts to those afflicted by the tragic events in Japan. You guys, hang in there.)

UCanDream aka David

I agree , the Kronos section has become a painful place.

I can accept that a few posters are crackers- but it appears that the cracker virus is spreading.

I find it disappointing to read the many thoughtless remarks ( oops, "opinions") about the tragic events in Japan , politics, media, etc, etc.

This is a KRONOS forum, a MUSIC forum. Thats an important diversion for me.

I think several posters have lost their way, and some possibly don't care much what a great vibe this forum did have or could have.
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: What happened? Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
UCanDream wrote:
Geez....

...What a shame...

UCanDream aka David

I agree , the Kronos section has become a painful place.

I can accept that a few posters are crackers- but it appears that the cracker virus is spreading.

I find it disappointing to read the many thoughtless remarks ( oops, "opinions") about the tragic events in Japan , politics, media, etc, etc.

This is a KRONOS forum, a MUSIC forum. Thats an important diversion for me.

I think several posters have lost their way, and some possibly don't care much what a great vibe this forum did have or could have.

Sadly, I can hardly remember the last post that contained a legitimate question or helpful response related to a real product. I have received some excellent help here in the past, but I certainly don't see myself coming here much longer.
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pop over to OASYS forum - we're still there - awaiting technical answers and discussions; and looking forward to hearing your music..

(but don't be too hard - there is a long wait and by and large this forum is filled with very enthusiastic people). Once Kronos is released, things will get very exciting here - have no fear (if us OASYS users still feel every session is like the first one at the instrument - to this day (and I really mean that) - just imagine the prolonged enthusiasm for Kronos when it arrives). There'll be only one topic of discussion for a long, long time. Mark my words - we've been through it already.

Kevin.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
Pop over to OASYS forum - we're still there - awaiting technical answers and discussions; and looking forward to hearing your music..

(but don't be too hard - there is a long wait and by and large this forum is filled with very enthusiastic people). Once Kronos is released, things will get very exciting here - have no fear (if us OASYS users still feel every session is like the first one at the instrument - to this day (and I really mean that) - just imagine the prolonged enthusiasm for Kronos when it arrives). There'll be only one topic of discussion for a long, long time. Mark my words - we've been through it already.

Kevin.

There has been a lot of trolling and surprising to me that regulars are taking the bait. I hope you are correct, and some calm takes place.

fortunately our baseball season is beginning tomorrow. That is an excellent
diversion free of ' world affairs '
TheLeadingSaw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably because people realized a new keyboard shouldn't be talked so much before it's even released... I mean come on, it's OK to write a few posts about it, but people are so enthusiastic about this synthesizer that they opened a list of ten missions to accomplish before they get the Kronos.

You get a synth, then start talking about it. Some people even decided they want it, then find out they don't want it (because somehow, they know all its capabilitys??) then find out they do.. It's freaking annoying! Wait until it's available and go check it out yourself!
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am new to this forum and I was surprised at some responses to questions. I was laid into for insinuating there may or may not be bugs to work out but I have also gotten to very helpful responses. I imagine it is a sign of the times. A lot of frustration for people these days.
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was all predestined once Korg chose the name Kronos. They angered the Gods.

Does the following sound like a nice peaceful onthology?

"KRONOS (or Cronus) was the Titan god of time and the ages, especially time where regarded as destructive and all-devouring. He ruled the cosmos during the so-called Golden Age, after castrating and deposing his father Ouranos (the Sky). In fear of a prophecy that he would be in turn be overthrown by his own son, Kronos swallowed each of his children as soon as they were born. Rhea managed to save the youngest, Zeus, by hiding him away on the island of Krete, and fed Kronos a stone wrapped in the swaddling clothes of an infant. The god grew up, forced Kronos to disgorge his swallowed offspring, and led the Olympians in a ten year war against the Titanes, before driving them defeated into the pit of Tartaros.

Many human generations later, Zeus released Kronos and his brothers from this prison, and made the old Titan king of the Elysian Islands, home of the blessed dead. Kronos was essentially the same as Khronos, the primordial god of time in the Orphic Theogonies"

http://www.theoi.com/Titan/TitanKronos.html

Maybe there hasn't been enough castrating and eating of children around here.
Apresmidi2010

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP's view was my view when I first came here before the earthquake and I decided not to come back then. After the earthquake, I wanted to know how people here are doing.

I posted a few unrelated things aside from Kronos delivery, but I would not do so in future. I did not, I believe, offend anyone. I felt offended just once when I talked about my kid (I did not remember his name), that person said something about "why worry about your child only/what about child's child and thereafter" of something. Anyways, I would not post except for any news about Kronos delivery here in Japan. Even bringing up this type of thing would be deviation, so I shut up here.

Regards.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until people get their hands on the KRONOS, there's not much to talk about. The demos have been talked about, the comparisons to the OASYS have been beaten to death, and now we're just twiddling our thumbs. As soon as they start to ship, this place will light up.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
TkWall

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like those vacations we used to take with the parents when we were kids all in the back seat...Are we there yet? No, we still have 700 miles to go. Geez...OK, let's fight.
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if there's more than a usual amount of squabbling, I'm sure it has a lot to do with sitting on our thumbs!

I was moving away from having my laptop in my room- it's too easy to get absorbed in forums, email, facebook, cnet, etc., and for a short while I physically moved my laptop to the living room, making it less easy and "natural" to "tune in and drop out" with all the online distractions available- i even put my Netflix account on hold.

But then the teaser about the Kronos started happening, the mysterious 9, and there I was, once again, ready to be hooked by the www.

And once it actually landed, I lost my original plans of restraint- i pored over all the posts and reviews and started digging up sound demos on the Oayses, and since then I've been back IN THE VOID.

And what kind of sucks about it is that there's little to feed on at this time. I check into this forum typically twice or 3 times a day, hoping for some more vital info, some vampire blood that will feed me for awhile longer. But I've gotta say, the well is pretty dry these days- very little speculation about the awesome capabilities.

But hope (and obsession) springs eternal- with Roland releasing the Jupiter 80 and Clavia springing something (Wave II?), it'll give more to feed on here.

I guess I haven't been too worried about the trollish nature of some of the posts here- I skipped the tsunami posts, and when it gets too ghoulish on other topics I skim over. There's idiots and overly zealous and inadequately informed folks on every forum- and this one has its fair share- but there's also a lot of music/keyboard/synth lovers on this one.

I've been inspired by a lot of folks on this forum, and LOVE IT that Dan the man and Stephan and Sharp and other outrageously informed and active members have been so active in the recent discussions. For me, my biggest question has everything to do with what I need to do to afford to buy this here-at-last keyboard of my dreams!
RKfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Falling in and out of love with Korg and the Kronos Reply with quote

Can I describe why I think this is happening - its all about falling in and out of love:

Attraction - Korg, what is that you are trying to tell me (I really dont know what is a Kronos - like the name by the way - is it Greek?)

Romance - Kronos you are so lovely, I mean what beautiful buttons you have (such a nice fell to them), and your screen (I just want to touch it), can you show me that thing you do with the piano lid... And you sing so beautifully

Passion - Kronos, I love you, I need you, I cant live without you and you super little synth engines

Intimacy - So when can we get together and make beautiful (if somewhat Nasty - with those MS20 filters) music...?

Commitment - Lets do it let's get hitched (the cheque is in the post)

But then Korg has treated us like dirt (not told us when the real shipping date is, for us poor jerks in the EU not even telling us how much the wedding is going to cost) - and some times we feel down and lonely and well there's the downward spiral.

Denial - Why has Korgh stopped talking to us, what did we do, was it something we said, it cant be us, surely

Anger - Well that's it I've had it with that girl - if she thinks I am going to place an order (ask more dumb questions about more than 128 levels of velocity ... then she's got another thing comming). So that was why she only wanted to talk about Japan, radioactive keybeds and Challenger and not the stuff I wanted to hear; prices, bugs and shipping dates.

Bargaining - But maybe I was wrong my love, maybe I should treat you like a Russian bride and buy you sight unseen, untouched, because you will be beautiful, I will understand you, I wont be disapprointed, look, look I am picking up the phone right now .. I will place an order honest ... We were going to make so many hit singles together...

Depression - Oh woe is me, I really think this is it... no Kronos for me, she will never turn up ... she is just another expensive beeeiiich, what am I going to do (To be, or not to be....)

Acceptance - OK I am over her now, she didn't deserve me, we weren't meant for each other... There are plenty more fish in the sea (saltwater damaged I expect) - that's what my Mum says anyhow..

And finally Diversion - Oh Roland, you flirt, what's that youve something you want to tell me about but then not tell me about... Go on do tell.... Jupiter - Oh that's a Nice name (Italian perhaps) - but isnt that a boy's name - no I dont really know about that. When can I see this magnificent god of the synth world... April, that's so soon, I am just gettinbg over a relatioship with this Greek lady.... but you are saying three oscillators and rleated to V-Synth (cool)... Well maybe I could... Hang on there is some Japanese person (Yama something) trying to call me on the other line....

In a nutshell - techy musicians fall in and out of love pretty fast
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: