Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

why I can't change voltage controlled lowpass filter knob?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Architekt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:55 am    Post subject: why I can't change voltage controlled lowpass filter knob? Reply with quote

Sorry for the typos, doing this on my iPad. Anyway, for some reason I can't seem to change the VC lowpass filter knob from it's default centered position. I loaded up the built in minimal template. What I noticed is the following:

* on pattern 1 for example, I can tweak this knob as expected and it retains the setting when I let go
* on pattern 7 for example this is not the case. I can turn it but once I release it it snaps back to center
* on pattern 7 if the app is not playing anything I can change the knob and when I release it it stays where I left it. However, as soon as I start playback it immediately snaps back to center.

What mysterious setting on that pattern is preventing the knob change from sticking?
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know nothing about this, but from the symptoms you've described it sounds like perhaps in the pattern sequencer something is set to 'take control' of the lowpass cutoff knob.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Architekt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There doesn't seem to be anything in there. I don't see anything connected at all via any patch interface. It's easy to reproduce: just simply open "minimal template" that comes with the iMS-20. There's actually a few other templates that come with the app that do this as well.
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's because channel A of the parameter sequencer is set to modulate the LPF Cutoff, therefore it resets any changes you make when the pattern is running. You can turn off channel A, set it to a different parameter, or use the sequencer to set it to a different value for each step in the pattern.
Architekt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome that was it. Thanks a ton!
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome! It's pretty amazing how much stuff they packed into iMS-20.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: