Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Release Date
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MidnightPackage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Release Date Reply with quote

I apologize if this has been asked and answered many times, or if nobody really knows, but I cannot seem to find any recent information. I see videos of Korg representatives talking about a "late April" ship date, but online stores have wildly varying dates ranging from May 5 through June 27th. Has there been any recent information from Korg with a realistic shipping date? Thank you.
Unicorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is clear that KORG is still not in a position to provide the delivery certainty. I pre-booked thro' novamusic, even they are now saying they they don't know about the delivery date. Funny that earlier everyone was certain that the delivery was end-Apr.

Can we a KORG member to put some information on this? Demos, interviews etc is good but you guys need to demonstrate that you are in control and put up a statement of confidence on the delivery certainty.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a realistic request. Korg in Japan is going through a lot the country is going through a lot. With all the variables involved with manufacturing and shipping I wouldn't expect a firm date for awhile.
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, the whole Japanese economy's reeling. Many parts suppliers have been obliterated - Korg may be ready to ramp up but unable to secure all the components they need for Kronos.
mjames4208

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's ok.... they can just use the Oasys chassis..... LOL
NeKo LX5, Liquid Saffire 56, Motif XS8, Kronos61, A-70, Motif-Rack, FantomXR, MPC5000, R8mkii, Komplete5/6/7/8, Trilian, Total Workstation 2, EWQL Complete Composers Collection, Arturia Mini Moog V, CS-80V, ARP2600V, Jupiter-8V, Oberheim SEM-V, Analog Laboratory, Vienna Ensemble Pro, Yamaha Montage, Epic Orchestra, Flugelhorn, Sonar X2, FW-1884, MIDI Express 128, MPC Renaissance, MachFive3, Komplete 9 Ultimate, Korg Legacy Collection, Machfive 3, Jupiter-80, Moog Sub 37,
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, assuming that the bus factory is still standing
MidnightPackage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all. I was only asking if there was more recent information, not suggesting that Korg can or should be doing anything more than it is now. I think we all appreciate recent events in Japan and our hearts go out to all effected by this tragedy.
Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What we want is a statement of it being 'on time'/ 'not on time' at a minimum, and 'when' is the desired piece of information.
brimoore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if they have out of date info on their website, but Nova Musik says April still for the shipping date (hopefully that means April of 2011). I hope that's the case - I am chomping at the bit for my very own 61 key version!!!!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brimoore wrote:
I don't know if they have out of date info on their website, but Nova Musik says April still for the shipping date (hopefully that means April of 2011). I hope that's the case - I am chomping at the bit for my very own 61 key version!!!!

why don't you call them and get the facts ?
axxim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unicorn wrote:
What we want is a statement of it being 'on time'/ 'not on time' at a minimum, and 'when' is the desired piece of information.

I would give you the answer "just later when we are ready!"

I have recived a lot of mails at my work from electronic distributor companies trying to schedule or get precise info about availiability and lead times of the major electronic components due the Japan disaster. The situation is quite unpredictable for a lot of manufacturers due to dependencies of other suppliers or manufacturers.
Being Korg something like an end consumer of such electronic parts makes it more difficult yet to estimate their delivery times. If you think of the amount of different suppliers Korg (as well as Roland, Yamaha and co.) depend of, it could be from a few weeks to months. If a key component for the Kronos is not available now, then the entire production may be affected. For other parts there may be second source or alternatives, but it could mean that this parts require a re-qualification of the final product or far more, redesigns that will take their time.

For existing products this delays may not be so critical because of existing stocks , but for a new "hype" product the actual situation could be a "killer". But this will also apply to all the other new products that are comming this season with the difference that those who will unveil new products at the Musikmesse know the eventual delays and will take them in consideration. A bit of the same has happened to the iPad2 with the difference that Apple isn't tied to any fair schedules like Korg and the others are to NAMM, Musikmesse, etc. They simply develop a new product, start producing it and when they have a initial stock it is announced.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyi18932rUoHqUTEpsykkIg
brimoore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
brimoore wrote:

In regards to the April shipping date, I "Live Chatted" them and they said Korg has not said otherwise so that's what they're still telling people.

So Korg, is it otherwise???!!!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

axxim wrote:
Unicorn wrote:

I would give you the answer "just later when we are ready!"

I have recived a lot of mails at my work from electronic distributor companies trying to schedule or get precise info about availiability and lead times of the major electronic components due the Japan disaster. The situation is quite unpredictable for a lot of manufacturers due to dependencies of other suppliers or manufacturers.
Being Korg something like an end consumer of such electronic parts makes it more difficult yet to estimate their delivery times. If you think of the amount of different suppliers Korg (as well as Roland, Yamaha and co.) depend of, it could be from a few weeks to months. If a key component for the Kronos is not available now, then the entire production may be affected. For other parts there may be second source or alternatives, but it could mean that this parts require a re-qualification of the final product or far more, redesigns that will take their time.

For existing products this delays may not be so critical because of existing stocks , but for a new "hype" product the actual situation could be a "killer". But this will also apply to all the other new products that are comming this season with the difference that those who will unveil new products at the Musikmesse know the eventual delays and will take them in consideration. A bit of the same has happened to the iPad2 with the difference that Apple isn't tied to any fair schedules like Korg and the others are to NAMM, Musikmesse, etc. They simply develop a new product, start producing it and when they have a initial stock it is announced.

Given the facts, I think most folks will be patient about delays. Its not the end of the world if I have to wait a month or 2 more for my Kronos.

I do admit, I am disgusted by folks that simply want to rip on Korg
just because they have a forum login. Or an ax to grind from 4 years ago. No value add.

If anybody has a hardware alternative to Kronos, at that price ( I am in the US) , lets see it.

Its easy for these noisy posters to diminish companies like Korg. The noisy
posters are not building anything, other than post count.

Korg is building something. Its a helluva lot more valuable and difficult to build something complex.

And I respect that.
Devnor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweetwater is pretty good about keeping customers up to date. My Kronos is scheduled to ship to me June-ish.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brimoore wrote:
GregC wrote:
brimoore wrote:

In regards to the April shipping date, I "Live Chatted" them and they said Korg has not said otherwise so that's what they're still telling people.

So Korg, is it otherwise???!!!

Thats kind of a wishy washy live chat answer. Why don't they call
Korg ?

so did you order a Kronos from them ?

I am 100% skeptical about April( in the US), because Sweetwater has June date.

Thats quite a date discrepancy given that both are US dealers.

In business, its best to under promise, and over deliver.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: