Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Release Date
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not even remotely bothered if I can't get one due to supplies.

I've waited this long and don't NEED a Kronos (but I do WANT one!!) that I'm prepared to wait a bit longer.

Time will tell
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:

The only way to get the $200 discount is to tell Sweetwater you want them to price match the NovaMusik pre-order discount.

Got it! Very Happy
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:
If your Sweetwater Sales Rep refuses to price match the NovaMusik offer, I would suggest buying from NovaMusik.

That's what I did. I gave my SW rep a shot at it, he said he didn't see the lower price on their web site. Rather than go back and forth with him about it, I just ordered it from Nova. The main advantage of Sweetwater is, on the off chance you don't like it. you might be able to return it without paying a restocking fee (Nova charges 15% on open box returns).
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweetwater may not always have the cheapest prices but I will say that their customer service is pretty damn good.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
Sweetwater may not always have the cheapest prices but I will say that their customer service is pretty damn good.

My experiences with them have been mixed. I'd say they're better than Musician's Friend, not as good as Same Day Music.
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:

AGREED
Scott wrote:
My experiences with them have been mixed. I'd say they're better than Musician's Friend, not as good as Same Day Music.

SameDayMusic does have good 'after the sale' customer support. Yet, if you have a single rep that you work with at SweetWater, they'll do anything for you. 2nd to none.

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
KapnKrunch

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnjoyRC wrote:
McHale wrote:

AGREED
Scott wrote:

SameDayMusic does have good 'after the sale' customer support. Yet, if you have a single rep that you work with at SweetWater, they'll do anything for you. 2nd to none.

I don't have any experience with SameDayMusic, but I have to agree about Sweetwater and my long term experience. I've had the same rep for over 10 years, and I can't count how many times he's come through for me with rush orders, freebies, and great pricing. It pays to know someone in the biz, and I swear by Sweetwater.
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnjoyRC wrote:

I guess it may depend on the quality of the particular rep you lucked into.
Laste7

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Mail from Korg Reply with quote

I sent an email to Korg Germany asking, when they will show prices and delivery dates. They answered that they expect the first delivery of the 61 Key version in June. Prices will be diclaimed a few days before that...
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How silly is that??? Delaying price announcements until days before delivery, while Americans can order since months???

I'm really, really sour about this IDIOTIC WAITING GAME concerning European prices Korg has performed SILLY LONG and is still continuing: I don't accept that crappy, impertinent behavour making an utterly stupid two class society of worldwide trade, for a single moment!

This belongs to my really bad first experiences with Korg worldwide, and if they add some of this sick stuff in the future, I will have to ignore this company altogether! BAD KORG POINT taken.

Last edited by jimknopf on Thu May 12, 2011 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
How silly is that??? Delaying price announcements until days before delivery, while Americans can order since months???

I'm really, really sour about this IDIOTIC WAITING GAME concerning European prices Korg has performed SILLY LONG and is still continuing: I don't accept that crap behavour for a moment!

Maybe the Euro-to-Yen valuation has been volatile, so they're waiting as long as possible to get it as close to "right" as they can? There's no great need to rush to come up with a final price on a product that isn't available anyway...
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not the tiniest bit of excuse, because the yen-dollar relation isn't stable as well, and because other companies like Roland obviously have had no problems announcing their European prices two weeks after product indroduction at Musikmesse Frankfurt, despite delivering later than Korg who announced as early as NAMM.

Korg has absolutely no excuse for this very ugly double standard behaviour!
I will remember that, and if my anger will rise only a little bit, they will be completely off my shopping list for years to come, faster than they can blink. I can be very consequent soon as I face what I regard as really impertinent company behavior. And I definitely DO regard this behavior as impertinent!

Last edited by jimknopf on Thu May 12, 2011 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
NavidSyed

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately even in US we don't have a definite release date, we are getting rumors about June deliveries from online stores, but have not heard any official confirmation from Rich or Dan in this matter, my Korg dealer and a good friend in NY does not believe that Korg KRONOS will be available in June or even July secondary to recent situation in Japan and no available documentation for it yet (manuals) supports the speculation, I would definitely be interested to get a definite delivery date from US Korg officials if they have any.. Shocked
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funny thing is that we all get different answers from different sources.

Korg Germany at least made an effort to tell me the actually expected release dates for worldwiede delivery including Europe. They named:

KRONOS 61 end(!) of june
KRONOS 73 end of july
KRONOS 88 end of August

The fact that US companies seem to get different announcements doesn't make the whole thing better or let it look more reliable. Confused

All in all Korg's announcement politics are nothing but an unnecessary form of chaotic and unreliable form of chaos so far. I give them the lowest possible rating for their performance so far; that has just been amateurish and in part childish. Their management communication quality should urgently grow up to the fine quality of the product they want to sell! Rolling Eyes

Last edited by jimknopf on Thu May 12, 2011 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
That's not the tiniest bit of excuse, because the yen-dollar relation isn't stable as well, and because other companies like Roland obviously have had no problems announcing their European prices two weeks after product indroction at Musikmesse Frankfurt.

Korg has absolutely no excuse for this very ugly double standard behaviour!
I will remember that, and if my anger will rise only a little bit, they will be completely off my shopping list for years to come, faster than they can blink. I can be very consequent soon as I face what I regard as really impertinent behavior. And I definitely DO regard this behavior as impertinent!

Jim, I think this ' different behavior ' on pricing is due to a large difference
In profit margin, US vs Euro.

In the US, there is quite a bit of margin ( let's estimate 30%) to play with.
I also believe it's a larger sales base thus there is stronger chance of creating more buzz over here.

I do think Kronos is going to be a hit. Like any small to medium sized co,
A hit like this, or new product success is essential to their future
survival.

I understand your frustration and suggest you look at the bigger picture as
Your country is only a month or 2 away from having questions answered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: