Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

European prices and release dates from Musikmesse???
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: European prices and release dates from Musikmesse??? Reply with quote

European prices and release dates for the Korg Kronos were announced to be published at Musikmesse.

I have not noticed anything so far.

Both information is really OVERDUE meanwhile. I found it disgusting enough to have us Europeans wait so long! Now I really want to be able to order a Kronos and know the price, just like US citizens could do since months!
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes! this is incredible ...... some people said in France that the kronos would be at the M3 first out price ! Bullshit, it will be between 25 and 30% more !!!! i'm not saying this will be too high, i'm saying that kind of advertisement is bad, they really treat us like idiot ! i can understand we do not have a exact delivery date, but the price..........come on !
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The price of the Kronos 61 in the US will be $3000 at sweetwater. This would result in about E 2100 here. However due to taxes etc it will be higher, but I never heard of a product that will cost more in E than in US$ (if you look at the value after the currency sign).

If Korg would make it more than E 3000 than a small amount of people would try to import it from sweetwater; the result will probably look for a competitor or not buy a new synth at all. They will lose a lot of customers this way. However, I'm sure Korg will make the price similar in Europe than in the US, meaning it will be probably between around E 2500; at least that is the price I would be willing to pay, knowing that it's only worth E 2.100 (by importing it directly excl. taxes/import price of around E 400 I guess).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Unicorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC-IA wrote:
yes! this is incredible ...... some people said in France that the kronos would be at the M3 first out price ! Bullshit, it will be between 25 and 30% more !!!! i'm not saying this will be too high, i'm saying that kind of advertisement is bad, they really treat us like idiot ! i can understand we do not have a exact delivery date, but the price..........come on !

Neither delivery timelines, nor price - they are not in control. Plus it is high time they must learn to think and act like a global organisation.

Btw, Jupitor 80 looks and sounds amazing given there are a number of SuperNatural engines built in plus the fantastic V-synth engine. It blows out Kronos in the Synth section. Oh and how can I forget - it's got a beautiful touch screen which is actuall readable and the sounds which are platable. Now, for the remaining areas given the Kronos Str1 and HD1 packed with a sh%$ load of crap was never in competition, is there a good reason not to buy Jupitor 80 it over and against Kronos? Just for it's pianos which stand nowhere compared with the software instruments?

I'm seriously considering dropping out from my Kronos pre-order, that's enough, period.

Last edited by Unicorn on Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this silly guessing should really end meanwhile.
It just isn't funny any more...
Unicorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
The price of the Kronos 61 in the US will be $3000 at sweetwater. This would result in about E 2100 here. However due to taxes etc it will be higher, but I never heard of a product that will cost more in E than in US$ (if you look at the value after the currency sign).

If Korg would make it more than E 3000 than a small amount of people would try to import it from sweetwater; the result will probably look for a competitor or not buy a new synth at all. They will lose a lot of customers this way. However, I'm sure Korg will make the price similar in Europe than in the US, meaning it will be probably between around E 2500; at least that is the price I would be willing to pay, knowing that it's only worth E 2.100 (by importing it directly excl. taxes/import price of around E 400 I guess).

That's true for the end users but not for the manufacturers. Price being boosted up because customs and taxes is a big misconception. Most of the manufacturers declare a different 'value' for Customs and keep the price competitive and sensible in the local market. It is the local distributors who make money. So, KORG and end users will loose out and the distributors will gain. Shame.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unicorn wrote:

That's true for the end users but not for the manufacturers. Price being boosted up because customs and taxes is a big misconception. Most of the manufacturers declare a different 'value' for Customs and keep the price competitive and sensible in the local market. It is the local distributors who make money. So, KORG and end users will loose out and the distributors will gain. Shame.

In that case it would be a good idea to massively import Kronosses directly from Sweetwater. I assume the delivery costs will be a lot lower when done in a batch. I guess Sweetwater would like this if they can sell Korg this way globally and we still have the factory warranties.

For the netherlands just looked up: Bax shop: kronos 61to 88: prices unknown yet, expected delivery date in 13 weeks.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RKfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the European price should be competitive irrespective of local taxes.

In the UK we pay 20% VAT and apparently today is when the cost of living officially goes up to pay for the banking crisis from two years back - meanwhile the bankers are still taking home huge bonusses.

I unfortunately dont work for a mega bucks corp so I aint got a huge load of money - so I would hope that a K61 cost around £2,200.

Its a real bummer that Korg has not annouce European prices - does this mean that the Kronos is not for sale here.... Are they not showing it at Musikmesse (yes they are I have seen that there are at least 3 sessions about it this week) - maybe some curious people could start asking some difficult questions.... Wish I was there since I would ask the two important questions I've been asking for the last couple of months (how much and when).

Anyway - still a couple of days to go - maybe they'll give in to my (fairly constant) nagging....
dokido

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think korg told they should present the european price at frankfurt, that was just a guess in this forum, well I'm not shure. Perhaps they never will tell the price Laughing
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dokido, I was told from German resellers and from the German Korg distribution that Korg told them so.

So it was no forum guess at all.
It was lame and disappointing enough, and now it is really beginning to walk on nerves.
T7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unicorn wrote:

Btw, Jupitor 80 looks and sounds amazing.....It blows out Kronos in the Synth section

What are you smoking? Laughing
Unicorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T7 wrote:
Unicorn wrote:

Btw, Jupitor 80 looks and sounds amazing.....It blows out Kronos in the Synth section

What are you smoking? Laughing

Kronos at the tip of KORG's Cigar Pipe in my mouth Laughing
DaveBoulden

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unicorn wrote:
Btw, Jupitor 80 looks and sounds amazing given there are a number of SuperNatural engines built in plus the fantastic V-synth engine. It blows out Kronos in the Synth section. Oh and how can I forget - it's got a beautiful touch screen which is actuall readable and the sounds which are platable. Now, for the remaining areas given the Kronos Str1 and HD1 packed with a sh%$ load of crap was never in competition, is there a good reason not to buy Jupitor 80 it over and against Kronos? Just for it's pianos which stand nowhere compared with the software instruments?

I'm seriously considering dropping out from my Kronos pre-order, that's enough, period.

You are, of course, entirely free to choose whichever keyboard takes your fancy, but to be clear, the Jupiter 80 shares no technology with the V-Synth. The synth section is a copy of the SH-01 which is itself a cut-down version of the Fantom engine.
dokido

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
dokido, I was told from German resellers and from the German Korg distribution that Korg told them so.

So it was no forum guess at all.
It was lame and disappointing enough, and now it is really beginning to walk on nerves.

ok, agree
Unicorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveBoulden wrote:
Unicorn wrote:

You are, of course, entirely free to choose whichever keyboard takes your fancy, but to be clear, the Jupiter 80 shares no technology with the V-Synth. The synth section is a copy of the SH-01 which is itself a cut-down version of the Fantom engine.

That's a deal breaker, I will pass on this one then. I'm surprised still how good that thing sounds though!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: