Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

European prices and release dates from Musikmesse???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why the Earthquake and the yen exchange rate would affect europe and others regions and not USA?
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC-IA wrote:
I wonder why the Earthquake and the yen exchange rate would affect europe and others regions and not USA?

The price was announced in USA *before* the earthquake.

ozy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, the whole thing doesn't make any economical sense.

since the earthquake, the yen value has been falling both againt the us$ dollar and the euro and the pound

which means that both in Europe and in USA, Korg is earning more yen [their currency] now,

then it was before the earthquake.

Which means that they'd have no problem leaving BOTH prices unchanged, and still earn MORE money.

OR they could give incentives to the wholesalers.

The earthquake has probably to do with unavailable compoents (it's happening with cars). Not to mention energy, shipping disruption, etc.

The earthquake may account for the DELIVERY delay,

but IMHO has nothing to do with PRICE announcements.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozy wrote:
since the earthquake, the yen value has been falling both againt the us$ dollar and the euro and the pound

That's correct, meaning that if it kept falling, they could lower the price and make it more attractive.

However, recently it's turned around again, so they're waiting to see what ahppens.

Quote:
The earthquake may account for the DELIVERY delay,

but IMHO has nothing to do with PRICE announcements.

Well, you can opine all you want, but I've heard that that's what's going on. And someone else reported in my Kronos forums:

Quote:
Due to the earthquake in Japan and the Yen rising, Korg Japan hasn't completed transfer price discussion with Korg distributers in Europe yet. I got this info from Andreas Gundlach during the Musikmesse.

StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
RC-IA wrote:

What I meant was, perhaps they wouldn't have announced the price in the USA either yet if the earthquake had happened before NAMM.

The yen exchange rate absolutely does affect the price in the USA. I guess Korg doesn't want to commit to a price and then have to change it after the fact. I don't know.... but I have heard that the reason has to do with the yen exchange rate. You can all believe me, or not....

McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be OK if they shipped it now and billed me later....
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Update info for the netherlands Reply with quote

Two dutch sites:

http://www.oostendorp-muziek.nl/Korg_Kronos_61_25260.html

Dutch:
De prijs van de Korg Kronos wordt waarschijnlijk de laatste week van juni 2011 bekend gemaakt. Er is weer vertraging opgetreden door de problemen in Japan. U kunt ons een email sturen dan houden we u op de hoogte hiervan: info@oostendorp-muziek.nl. De eerste Korg Kronos wordt naar verwachting voor het eerst uitgeleverd in juli/augustus. Wij blijven nauw in contact met onze leverancier om u zoveel mogelijk up-to-date te houden.

My English translation:
The price of the Korg Kronos 61 will be revealed probably in the lsat week of June 2011. There has been another delay due to the problems in Japan. You can send us a mail for keeping you informed about this: info@oostendor-muziek.nl. The first Korg Kronos is expected to be delived in July/August. We have narrow contacts with our supplieri to have you updated as much as possible.

Another shop:
http://www.bax-shop.nl/workstation/korg-kronos-61-synthesizer-workstation/product-details.html

Expected in 11 weeks

i.e.: Same as last week(s).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
StephenKay wrote:
RC-IA wrote:

What I meant was, perhaps they wouldn't have announced the price in the USA either yet if the earthquake had happened before NAMM.

The yen exchange rate absolutely does affect the price in the USA. I guess Korg doesn't want to commit to a price and then have to change it after the fact. I don't know.... but I have heard that the reason has to do with the yen exchange rate. You can all believe me, or not....

If i was a bad guy i would say that it seems, with the info we have today (it may change) that europeans are going to pay a lot more to keep the US price at what it was announced in january (this same price was announced too in france )! There is surely more important things in the life, but that's not fair: the question is who is responsible for this: korg Inc or european distributors?
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC-IA wrote:
If i was a bad guy i would say that it seems, with the info we have today (it may change) that europeans are going to pay a lot more to keep the US price at what it was announced in january (this same price was announced too in france )!

Always a conspiracy....

RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conspiracy is an american tradition

Laughing

I know you are not laughing Razz
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No conspiracy and no tragedy for customers. Smile
It's just about buying or not buying a device.

But IMHO bad marketing towards Europeans since January anyway:
- no equal treatment of Europeans at Namm announcements
- no quality videos from otherwise fine Musikmesse demo shows
- no price announcements until end of June (!!!)
- no delivery dates, not even corrected estimated ones

In big German musician forums there's meanwhile more talk and hype around the JP80 than around the Kronos. Was that the intention? Confused

All in all:
- big strategy (making exactly which sense???)?
- weird?
- amateurish?

Whatever: nothing essential, but not making much sense either from my view. And my first growing bad Korg experience as potential customer, after very good experiences with the presence of Dan and Rich in here.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys won't be so upset once they come and tell us they are raising our prices 1500 or so because of the economy and disasters and oil and well everything.
Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember, "Prepare to be amazed". Well I've been prepared for 3 months now! All the speculating over what the "9" on the Korg site meant. Here's me thinking it stood for the 9 synth engines when all along it stood for 9 months until release. Since it was first posted in January, that means the Kronos should be released in October! Amazing! Wink
nowtime

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pepperpotty wrote:
Remember, "Prepare to be amazed". Well I've been prepared for 3 months now! All the speculating over what the "9" on the Korg site meant. Here's me thinking it stood for the 9 synth engines when all along it stood for 9 months until release. Since it was first posted in January, that means the Kronos should be released in October! Amazing! Wink

"Prepare to be prepared..."
robinkle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowtime wrote:
Pepperpotty wrote:

"Prepare to be prepared..."

"Prepare to Prepare to Prepare to be prepared"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: