Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turn off Touch Response on X2 patches please?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soccerman58

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:24 am    Post subject: Turn off Touch Response on X2 patches please? Reply with quote

Hi
I have an X2 and some of the synth patches are touch sensitive like piano keys and I was wondering if I can turn this off on a patch-by-patch basis please? I'm figuring I can because the organ patches are not touch sensitive, but I have both manuals and I can't see how to do this.

Can anyone help please?
Thanks
Phil
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil,

Closest I saw on line was a manual for the X5/X5D, but from what I can tell there you have a couple of options; a bit of experimentation should tell which approach will work best.

Look in your parameter guides for the ADSR envelope under the VDA or Amp Envelope section. Change the amp to Attack Time, 0, Attack level 99 (whatever 100% is... might be 127), Decay should be 0, Level 99 (there will be no decrease in sound after initial attack), Sustain Time 99 , Sustain Level 99 (again no decrease in sound), and release time 0, level 0 (this will give you the abrupt off typical of organs).

The other place to look is also under VDA where you can select the Sensitivity by velocity -- VDA parameters 11A-11E (again x5 manual reference, but should be close) you can select the sensitivity (which probably will be 0 or less than 10, and the level -- 99 or maximum).

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
soccerman58

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Turn off Touch Response on X2 patches please? Reply with quote

OK, I'll give that a shot, thank you much
Phil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: