Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about these (fantastic) videos from RichF......
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Question about these (fantastic) videos from RichF...... Reply with quote

With the fact that the Piano vid is the first of potentially 9 videos on the synthesis engines, is this a request from Korg to Rich to "keep the public sweet", whilst waiting for a machine that either isn't ready, or something more sinister (such as financial)......

A great video Rich, and thanks for producing it, but it does sound like a stalling tactic from Korg.........

That and the fact that a price for EU hasn't been published yet........

It does make you wonder.....
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
DaveBoulden

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Question about these (fantastic) videos from RichF...... Reply with quote

ScoobyDoo555 wrote:
With the fact that the Piano vid is the first of potentially 9 videos on the synthesis engines, is this a request from Korg to Rich to "keep the public sweet", whilst waiting for a machine that either isn't ready, or something more sinister (such as financial)......

A great video Rich, and thanks for producing it, but it does sound like a stalling tactic from Korg.........

That and the fact that a price for EU hasn't been published yet........

It does make you wonder.....

To be a pedantic, doesn't Rich work for KorgUSA rather than Korg Corporate? If videos were being produced as a stalling tactic, surely they'd be Japnese.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, but then again, the release date and price has still to be confirmed in the US.....

Apologies to Rich if any confusion has been caused....
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even more poignant is the fact then that there has been NO response from Korg UK at all...... Sad
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am surely irritated a lot about Korg's European information politics, but I don't think it would be fair to regard Rick's great video work as part of any kind of tactics.

It is completely normal for any company to produce info material, and in our times videos as well, in the time between announcement and release.

Thanks Rick, for providing that stuff!
Really looking forward to the next videos.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
, in the time between announcement and release.

Don't get me wrong - the video is brilliant and A1 efforts from Rich!

but the aspect of your comment I've quoted above.... is there time between announcement and release for another 8 synth engine videos (not to metion Karma 3.0, the sequencer etc etc)

Could be waiting a long time (albeit with lovely videos!! Very Happy)
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beginning to post such videos says nothing about release time: in this case they could just go on after release.

I'm not sure though, how much time both sides will need Laughing
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just call me a cynic!! Laughing
RichF

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

The "In The Studio" videos are meant to be informational resources for owners and would-be owners. I shoot them knowing that they'll still be viewed long after Kronos has shipped. Whether folks buy it new or used, now or later, they will invariably want more info about what it can do both before AND after they pick one up. I'd always planned on making a video for each of the synthesis engines (and hopefully more after that). Of course, it's in our best interest to keep the momentum high until we can get Kronos into our customers' hands. FYI, though, I'd still be making these videos if it was already in stores.

Also, pricing is definitely available here in the USA (and yes, I'm a Korg USA employee). It's inappropriate for me to post it, but you can inquire at any Korg-authorized dealer, either in person or online.

And ScoobyDoo555, no offense taken. Smile

Thanks,
-Rich
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case it's just a staggered worldwide release - and Korg UK are keeping VERY quiet about when it's going to be put out there.

Shame.

And keep up the good work Rich!! Smile

Dan
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got news for you. They'll be here, when they get here, and no a moment before.

Keep this whinning up and "NO KRONOS FOR YOU!"

I don't think any Japan Company needs a stalling tactic, they got plenty already, like a nation wide disaster.
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just caught that piano video...schweeeet!
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not news - it's history, and better people than you have failed at chastising me over my comments Shhh Very Happy

What I'm getting at is that regardless of the terrible situation in Japan, the US seem to have more information about everything than the rest of the world.
It would be nice if we were all addressed on a level playing field.

If someone from Korg UK or Europe came on here (or at Musicmesse) and said,"As you know, we're experiencing a terrible tragedy and our logistics (aside from everything else) are shot. As a result, the products are looking to be delayed for a few months, bear with us".....
I don't think there would be a single person who would complain (me included!).
My issue is that with any business, if you keep the customer informed, you'll usually keep them.

That is all I'm getting at.
RKfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news when we can expect in depth videos on:

STR-1
Mod-7
and
the analogue synths?

These are the ones I really want to know about!

I guess a good Karma vid from Stephen would be pretty useful since I have no experience in that yet.
Teh Mick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RKfan wrote:
Any news when we can expect in depth videos on:

STR-1
Mod-7
and
the analogue synths?

These are the ones I really want to know about!

I guess a good Karma vid from Stephen would be pretty useful since I have no experience in that yet.

Check the OASYS videos on Karma Lab( http://www.karma-lab.com/vp/vp_main.html ), Kronos will have the same Karma version and implementation
Roland JD-990
Novation Remote SL Compact
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: