Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So what do you think of the new demo songs posted on Korgpa
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: So what do you think of the new demo songs posted on Korgpa Reply with quote

Wow, so it finally happened. At last, you got what you wanted! I would like you to say your thoughts about the quality of these sounds, NOT on the arrangement, and orchestration part of the deal because that's kind of irrelevant.

Excluding the new programs, everything else sounds very close if not identical to the older boards in my opinion. I kind of expected that, so i'm not disappointed.

Ronnymusic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Could you or any of you guys post the demoes? I seem to be the only one not coming in to their new polished webpage Confused
When i enter www.korgpa.com i just come in to the old korg pa page with only the older boards.. I would like to hear the demoes and read about the keyboard. Does anyone have a clue?

Regards, Ronny
musicrazy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don´t use the link on favourites. Enter www.korgpa.com on browser if still not solved use f5 to refresh.
Alesis vortex wireless
Ipad 4 with midi bridge
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, this link took me right to that page:

http://www.korgpa.com/en/products/arrangers/pa3x/pa3x-demo.html

Ronnymusic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that I achieve this message:

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
Please try the following:

Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
Click the Back button to try another link.
HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

But if I just enter Korgpa.com, I come to the old webpage :S
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought the sounds were good but clearly nothing like what we have heard before in the demos of the actual keyboard. I suspect the demos have been touched up in the studio. I have yet to hear a live demo that cam e even close to a yamaha T2,3 or 4 live demo.

I guess we wil have to wait and see when we can get our hands on the instrument in real life. I am not inpsired to buy one as ot sounds like my PA1X in a studio .
Ronnymusic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it worked now! Very Happy
Well, I did not expect any new sounds. But I have to say if the quality in the demo are the same in the pa3x this will be the next keyboard for me Smile

Regards, Ronny
Lee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not one of those demo's was stuff I play...so I really can not say is the sounds meet my needs or not.
Any arranger sounds good (if it has kick ass drums) on the fast music.

I'll have to play one myself...
Lee
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam, I agree whit you, Simular sounds, Some are great like Clarinet, but the styles sounds almoust same, And also some of the other Solo sounds,
I was expected more, The look is the best ever, some New features is great, like CHord rec, Better TFT, Ribbon and so, but The deep Is missing in Styles, It sounds like older bro 2X, maybe there is more sounds Dont now, But Anyhow I think they are in same Modul.
Liked ? Nyaaaaaa, Yes , Couse I had broken Leds, And Old KEYS, So i sold mine , Must buy this, Black is a great color by the way, More STAGE.
I also hope KORG can make NEW Styles in future, And sounds whit samples And Riffs/Loops

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
musicrazy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the new dnc sounds are ok to me but of course there are intensive programming on these demos... the latin styles are very fine.
I'm reading the manual and i found interesting things like sample and oscilator equalizer, or the new guitar mode 2 functions like chord transpose on intro and ending... now we can use guitar mode on intros....
i think that pa3x basicaly sound very close to pa2x but after personalization with the new tools like those eq on drums and the waves mastering pack it will sound like a "bigger" monster machine... i'm a little disapointed with the sampler battery duration... 3 or 4 days only?
Alesis vortex wireless
Ipad 4 with midi bridge

Last edited by musicrazy on Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Frans N

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you download the Pa3X Advanced Edit Manual you can see how many new sounds the PA3x have onboard. And there are alot new sounds. The PA3x is also XG compatible. For me this keyboard is a winner Very Happy
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

musicrazy wrote:

now we can use guitar mode on intro

You could do that before too, no?

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frans N wrote:
For me this keyboard is a winner

+1 Very Happy
Agree so far - now rummaging through the manuals

To answer Sam's question (so far) - they are without a doubt the best quality demos but we desperately need some video demos!!! I did not like the Steel Guitar DNC at all - hope they haven't replaced the Steel Guitar from the PA1/2XPro. Drums sound a bit better but hard to judge from limited demos. Distorted guitar and Rock style sounds much the same - the nicest "Korg" Dist gtr I have found is on the Karma and M3. But hey, I do not expect to like everything. From these limited demos, I currently feel that it would NOT be a mistake for me to move forward into the PA3X world - will definitely go for the 76-note again....

So... I am seriously considering it....... I think it is a good upgrade but for now it's back to the manuals - a bit more research needed !!!

Take it easy Sam

Pete Very Happy

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
ozdaniel(AD)
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1
..extraordinary Keyboards..I'll buy one!..
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Frans N wrote:
For me this keyboard is a winner

+1 Very Happy
Agree so far - now rummaging through the manuals

To answer Sam's question (so far) - they are without a doubt the best quality demos but we desperately need some video demos!!! I did not like the Steel Guitar DNC at all - hope they haven't replaced the Steel Guitar from the PA1/2XPro. Drums sound a bit better but hard to judge from limited demos. Distorted guitar and Rock style sounds much the same - the nicest "Korg" Dist gtr I have found is on the Karma and M3. But hey, I do not expect to like everything. From these limited demos, I currently feel that it would NOT be a mistake for me to move forward into the PA3X world - will definitely go for the 76-note again....

So... I am seriously considering it....... I think it is a good upgrade but for now it's back to the manuals - a bit more research needed !!!

Take it easy Sam

Pete Very Happy

Very Happy

I also think it's a good upgrade, although I still think it sounds almost the same. 8 channel of FX sounds really nice. I still haven't read the manual, but I really hope there's an option to Side-chain a compressor ... . That will really make a huge difference in Dance/techno type of styles.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: