Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So what do you think of the new demo songs posted on Korgpa
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

musicrazy wrote:
Assyrianpianist wrote:
musicrazy wrote:

now we can use guitar mode on intro

You could do that before too, no?

Yes but how could you change chord on guitar track on intro ? the intros are normally a chord sequenced fixed to a chord you do... so guitar track coundnīt change chord... now it can.

hmmm, I still don't understand what you mean by that. Intros may or may not be fixed to a user defined chord progression. If Intro is fixed to a predefined chord progression, then your Guitar track (Guitar mode) is set to follow whatever chord progression there is.... if you're changing the chords in real time for Intro, then still the guitar track will follow the chords you're playing. In both cases , the guitar tracks are no different than than a bass or string track. I'm sure you know this, but I suspect you're talking about something else?

musicrazy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes. it's someting else... you play a fixed chord but you can have the guitar track doing chord changes ... how could you maked the guitar track change chord on a fixed chord progression (you donīt do the chord progression on realtime left hand) like on intros or ending of styles .... if you say it is possible to do this with a pa2x than explain to me how....
Alesis vortex wireless
Ipad 4 with midi bridge
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

musicrazy wrote:
yes. it's someting else... you play a fixed chord but you can have the guitar track doing chord changes ... how could you maked the guitar track change chord on a fixed chord progression (you donīt do the chord progression on realtime left hand) like on intros or ending of styles .... if you say it is possible to do this with a pa2x than explain to me how....

I'm really confused now. I guess I'll have to read the manual to see what you're talking about.

If you've programmed a certain chord progression and have it tied to Intro 1 for example, you're telling the keyboard what chords to play by pressing Intro 1 (all tracks including the Guitar track will follow that chord progression, assuming that you've done the programming properly).
Let's say we have a fixed chord progression of 4 bars:
| Fm | Eb | Db | C |

Once you press Intro 1 , all the tracks must support this chord progression. Now if you decided to change the chord progression in the middle or anywhere during the play, the entire chord progression will be transposed. If you dont' want that, and if you just want to make a different varation of this progression, then that defeats the purpose of having a fixed chord progression. Then, you could go for the second option which is creating a non-fixed chordal-rhythmic pattern both for Intros and Endings.

So you're saying that now, even though you have a fixed intro, individual tracks or at least the guitar track can still free itself from the pack and follow real time chord changes? How would the keyboard know , you're trying to modulate the key, or you're trying to make the guitar track follow a different pattern?

musicrazy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assyrianpianist wrote:
musicrazy wrote:

I'm really confused now. I guess I'll have to read the manual to see what you're talking about.

If you've programmed a certain chord progression and have it tied to Intro 1 for example, you're telling the keyboard what chords to play by pressing Intro 1 (all tracks including the Guitar track will follow that chord progression, assuming that you've done the programming properly).
Let's say we have a fixed chord progression of 4 bars:
| Fm | Eb | Db | C |

Once you press Intro 1 , all the tracks must support this chord progression. Now if you decided to change the chord progression in the middle or anywhere during the play, the entire chord progression will be transposed. If you dont' want that, and if you just want to make a different varation of this progression, then that defeats the purpose of having a fixed chord progression. Then, you could go for the second option which is creating a non-fixed chordal-rhythmic pattern both for Intros and Endings.

So you're saying that now, even though you have a fixed intro, individual tracks or at least the guitar track can still free itself from the pack and follow real time chord changes? How would the keyboard know , you're trying to modulate the key, or you're trying to make the guitar track follow a different pattern?

You're right... i was confused by other guy statment on another forum about pa3x... pa2x can do the same thing you and me were saying. a little complicated thing to do because you have to use the velocity values to make chord progression but it's the same thing on pa3x. i was told that they modified this but it's not true... it's exactly the same. sorry....
Alesis vortex wireless
Ipad 4 with midi bridge
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

musicrazy wrote:

You're right... i was confused by other guy statment on another forum about pa3x... pa2x can do the same thing you and me were saying. a little complicated thing to do because you have to use the velocity values to make chord progression but it's the same thing on pa3x. i was told that they modified this but it's not true... it's exactly the same. sorry....

oh ok , no worries.

I use external sequencer to program those, and it's a breeze cause i know the program real well. Probably a lot more time consuming if you do it on the board directly.

Ronnymusic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assyrianpianist wrote:
musicrazy wrote:

oh ok , no worries.

I use external sequencer to program those, and it's a breeze cause i know the program real well. Probably a lot more time consuming if you do it on the board directly.

Hello Sam! What you are saying now is very interesting. How do you program this in a external sequencer? Also I heard we can make styles from the computer for ex. from logic. Is this true? If so could you or someone give me a help?
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RonnyPa2x wrote:

Hello Sam! What you are saying now is very interesting. How do you program this in a external sequencer? Also I heard we can make styles from the computer for ex. from logic. Is this true? If so could you or someone give me a help?

Hi Ronny,
Yes, everything is fully programmable in External Sequencers. Some people prefer to work with hardware because they like to touch something physically, or they just find it inspiring to grab knobs and stuff. For me, it's exactly the opposite. Working on the keyboard hits so many limitation sooo fast that I find it extremely buggy. But it doesn't matter, because they made everything compatible with Ex. Sequencers. That's the best part of working with korg.
Which part to do need help with? What kind of music do you play?

Pa2x

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use sampled DKs in my Pa2x, and they sound at least 10 times better than those in the demos.

So i don't know why can't they just import 100mb mother f Drum kit in the keyboard, and use more than 1 layer of samples, and make it sound good.

I just wonder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: