Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bye bye KRONOS
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unicorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Bye bye KRONOS Reply with quote

"KORG and Commitments = A Big Joke". My second bad experience in a row post buying an Oasys. Having used KORG since it's O1/W (best workstation so far), Trinity, Triton and Oasys, I have decided to "give up" on the buggers and move on with something more sensible.

I recently tried a Motif XF8 and I must say what a monster it is! It is leap years ahead than Oasys HD1, EXS2, Str1 etc. Well Str1 is as good as a Casio so I'd not compare that with anything else really. Given Kronos is just another Oasys, there is zero chance of it competing with the XF. For anologue stuff I'm better off buying an analogue synth instead of a rubbish thing like a sampled or modelled analogue synth.

I will however have my sympathy for all those who would wash out their wallets in the dust and all those who would have sold their current gear for dirt cheap price to get the Kronos. However please continue do sell your gear, people like me are awaiting to buy them, and we will also buy Kronos after 6 months post it's release at half of it's price

This is hilarious. I'm done with this whole madness - not worth spending time and money. I have now canceled my pre-order so one of you will get it earlier by a few hours (sounds like a big reason to celebrate right Smile). Bye bye Kronos!!
Laughing Laughing
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I recently tried a Motif XF8 and I must say what a monster it is! It is leap years ahead than Oasys HD1, EXS2, Str1 etc.

I fail to even remotely see your point of view on this. The Motif uses AWM2 which Yamaha have been flogging to death for 15 or more years. And you think that's better than HD-1 ? Shocked

Feck me...!!! That's mad. The clarity of HD-1 is so bloody obvious that it's hard to even contemplate moving away from a OASYS or a KRONOS.

I think your making a very big mistake.

Regards
Sharp
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Bye bye KRONOS Reply with quote

Unicorn wrote:
"KORG and Commitments = A Big Joke". My second bad experience in a row post buying an Oasys. Having used KORG since it's O1/W (best workstation so far), Trinity, Triton and Oasys, I have decided to "give up" on the buggers and move on with something more sensible.

I recently tried a Motif XF8 and I must say what a monster it is! It is leap years ahead than Oasys HD1, EXS2, Str1 etc. Well Str1 is as good as a Casio so I'd not compare that with anything else really. Given Kronos is just another Oasys, there is zero chance of it competing with the XF. For anologue stuff I'm better off buying an analogue synth instead of a rubbish thing like a sampled or modelled analogue synth.

I will however have my sympathy for all those who would wash out their wallets in the dust and all those who would have sold their current gear for dirt cheap price to get the Kronos. However please continue do sell your gear, people like me are awaiting to buy them, and we will also buy Kronos after 6 months post it's release at half of it's price

This is hilarious. I'm done with this whole madness - not worth spending time and money. I have now canceled my pre-order so one of you will get it earlier by a few hours (sounds like a big reason to celebrate right Smile). Bye bye Kronos!!
Laughing Laughing

Laughing
let us know if you need help deleting the bookmark

buh-BYE
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah Unicorn.....its a joke, right? Very funny. LOL Laughing Laughing The Casio reference did it for me. Either it was a joke or you have no idea what you are talking about.

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. One troll less. Laughing
chilly7
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitecrawler wrote:
Ah Unicorn.....its a joke, right? Very funny. LOL Laughing Laughing The Casio reference did it for me. Either it was a joke or you have no idea what you are talking about.

Or maby his is one of the mad Yamaha employ, because Yamaha Motif XF does not sell.

In one of my lockal shop, this shop is one of the biggest reteils shop in Canada and thay have Motif XF in stock since it come out. and thay still could not sell any since Korg Kronos was anoccented !!!
Thay even tred to give a good deal for it and still thay can not sell.

Ha-ha-ha Twisted Evil

p.s. of couse Yamaha bashing their fail with motif Xf for the bad economy, but the real reson is " YAMAHA JUST STOP MAKING CRUPP!!!" Wink
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do find it funny when newbs with no credibility try to start a bandwagon:
Quote:
I'M NOT BUYING THE KRONOS... WHO'S WITH ME?!?!?!? That Yamaha I've heard so much about is the greatest thing ever!!1!1!!

Good luck with that. Not only am I buying a Kronos, I'm *NOT* buying a Roland (ever) or a Yamaha (for a long long time). Talk about two boring companies with nothing new to offer in a long time...

To say the Motif is a monster over the OASYS is nothing BUT trolling. HAS to be on Yamaha's payroll because even the Yamaha fanboys know that isn't true.

The OP and THIS THREAD are hilarious.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ban the troll!
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Motif XS6 and a Fantom G7, that I would not part with. They are both excellent workstations that serve me well. I am working the dude at Guitar Center to trade in my XS6 and a old Fantom X7 for a Motif XF7.

I also have a M3 that I would like to keep. All this so I can save my cash for the Kronos.

All that said. There is always a group of "evil ass-wipe cry babies" out there, that have too dis' something they don't have and actually want.

I've always wanted an Oasys, I probably always will, it one cool keyboard. Just can't afford the cash. (and the wife say's she will kill me if I was to spend over $3k for a keyboard).

Maybe Unicorn is just "leap years" behind the rest of you. Give him a break and ignore his comments.

I thought all the whinning was reserved for the RolandClan Fantom G. forum. Sorry now I'am whinning.
robinkle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you compare the Original Motif with the Motif XF, the difference is much less, then if you compare Kronos to the M3. I feel pretty sure of that, the keyboards got different color though.

Yamaha work like Clavia. Minor upgrades for each new keyboard. It's too slow. The companies need to catch up. I don't think Korg is ahead, they are where they should be. That is my opinion.

And for once in a long time, Yamaha need to make a Flagship synth with all their technologies like FM, VA, Articulation, Sample playback and put it together so I can get what I want. Yamaha is sleeping now! Wake up!! Ô.Ô

Korg makes Kronos, a workstation, that can replace all my synths. The Motif can't. Think about it.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but I do not believe in Unicorns.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPWC wrote:
now I'am whinning.

ATM, we would also have accepted "winning"
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robinkle wrote:
And for once in a long time, Yamaha need to make a Flagship synth with all their technologies like FM, VA, Articulation, Sample playback and put it together so I can get what I want. Yamaha is sleeping now! Wake up!!

I think based on the Kronos, this would be their next logical step. If they did that, I'd seriously consider getting one. I wouldn't have have even considered the Kronos had it been anything other than what it is. But it adds the Wavestation (which I've always secretly wanted), The Korg DS-8 (which I've always secretly wanted), great VA's, finally a great piano, and set list mode (among other features). It got me to sell gear I swore I'd never sell.

An interesting side note, because of their implementation of AL-1, I'm keeping my RADIAS and I once thought I could dump my DVP-1 and functionally it can't replace that either.
robinkle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
robinkle wrote:
And for once in a long time, Yamaha need to make a Flagship synth with all their technologies like FM, VA, Articulation, Sample playback and put it together so I can get what I want. Yamaha is sleeping now! Wake up!!

I think based on the Kronos, this would be their next logical step. If they did that, I'd seriously consider getting one. I wouldn't have have even considered the Kronos had it been anything other than what it is. But it adds the Wavestation (which I've always secretly wanted), The Korg DS-8 (which I've always secretly wanted), great VA's, finally a great piano, and set list mode (among other features). It got me to sell gear I swore I'd never sell.

An interesting side note, because of their implementation of AL-1, I'm keeping my RADIAS and I once thought I could dump my DVP-1 and functionally it can't replace that either.

If Yamaha could adapt their Vector synthesis from the SY-22/35, they would have similar things with the Wavestation. Very Happy
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robinkle wrote:
If Yamaha could adapt their Vector synthesis from the SY-22/35, they would have similar things with the Wavestation. Very Happy

I'm really hoping that Yamaha does make an all in one similar to the Kronos. I think it'd be a great piece of kit. HOWEVER, knowing Yamaha it'd be priced higher than the OASYS was. This is part of the reason the Kronos is such a killer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: