Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg giving preferential treatment to US customers
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Korg giving preferential treatment to US customers Reply with quote

I have to say, Korg's behaviour with regard to their new Kronos user base continues to annoy me. I hate making negative posts to forums, but in this instance I feel the issue needs to be raised.

I notice in SonicState.com that Korg announce a US only tour with Kronos:

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2011/03/30/party-with-kronos/

This coupled to their offer of a competition to win a Kronos in the US only; and the alleged cheaper price of the Kronos in the US; all constitute a blatant "F*** OFF" to the rest of the world by Korg. I have never encountered such arrogance in all my life.

Could it possibly be that Korg US are running amuck since Tsutomu Katoh has passed away? With rumours of takeovers; and confusion over the release date of Kronos; certainly Korg worlwide seem in a questionable state and that Korg US are sticking two fingers up to the rest of Korg and indeed their user base. There is definitely something very questionable going on.

Whatever the reason; I'm amazed by the behaviour of Korg US. It's not the way to do business; and if I were running this forum, I'd bar them from here on in from making exclusively Korg US announcements.

Sharp - have you any thoughts on this?

Kevin.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be willing to bet the marketing for a given Country or Region is up to that region. I doubt Korg corporate said hey lets cater to the U.S., they supply the guidelines and budgets for the individuall marketing entities to work within. I think it is time to ask yourself and the Korg people of your area why they don't do anything for you.

edited for Kevin

Last edited by Bertotti on Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti --

The issue is a real one. If you're going to remain a member of this forum; then discuss the issue and do not get personal. I'm entitled to raise the issue here. I'd value your opinion on the issue - but as said - don't get personal about it.

As an aside - every time I raise this issue there is a massive knee-jerk reaction from US members. Take it on the chin pal - and as said - engage the issue without getting personal. The issue is real - and - this is an international forum. If you can't cope with that you have the right to unregister from it.

Kevin.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sharp - have you any thoughts on this?

lol... I sure do but lets tweak all this a little first and make it more accurate.

Quote:

Not exactly true Kevin. .. KORG Inc is KORG, and they are not touring anywhere. KORG USA is the distributor in America and what they do in America is at their own cost and not KORG Inc's

It's KORG UK you need to complain to as they are the ones over the UK and Ireland. Lets be honest here too, when is the last time you even heard of KORG UK coming to Ireland on tour? I certainly don't remember.

KORG's presence in Ireland is an utter disgrace of the highest order. They are by far the worst of all keyboard manufactures for presence here.

It's near impossible to find a music store outside of Dublin that even stock KORG because nobody knows how to use or sell them, so they don't stock them. I actually should write to Thomann and ask for shares because I bet I sell more KORG keyboards for them than any music shop in Ireland does.

IN fact, if I had a delivery of Pa3X keyboards right now I know I could sell them all in a single weekend just by going through the Contact in my phone and inviting people to my Sutido.

Simply put, KORG UK suck big time when it comes to being active in Ireland.

Regards
Sharp.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin, I feel your pain. Being a US resident, I was excited to read that Korg USA had set up this tour. Unfortunately, the tour comes nowhere near my region. Colorado and most of the US interior has been left off the tour. But then, as with you, I have my "O" to console me for the time being. I would really like to play those acoustic piano and EP emulations personally. Sad

On the other hand, I'm not going to spiral into a depressing funk over it. After all, its only a new keyboard. Wink

Eric

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a brief Kronos demo tour in Italy awhile back. Not sure if the rest of Europe will be covered in any way.

Cool
RKfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh... And dont even try to e-mail them asking for delivery dates and possible prices - because they wont even answer you...!!

Shameful (I thought Japanese companies were not that arrogant)...
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin I apologize it wasn't meant personally. I was just pointing out how we perceive this when brought up. Truly I think the bigger issue is where the marketing money allocated for such endeavors goes, in your region? I am confident they have the ability to do the same but choose not to, so the question is why? As always I value your opinion also and think it would be great to find out why things are run like they are there.

You know we could use some good people over here not just illegals, maybe some of you guys should move on over we would be glad to have you! Cheers mate! Very Happy

Hey Sharp we're playing like adults now! Don't you just love it when that happens! ( my attempt at humor ) Laughing
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Shameful (I thought Japanese companies were not that arrogant)..

Just like I say in my reply to Kevin, I'm not sure it's right to say it's a Japanese company when it's KORG UK we are talking about. They are a UK company who are a distributor for KORG Japan.

I also don't think KORG UK are arrogant because I know certain key people in KORG UK and I can tell you, you won't find anyone more committed than them. Problem is more likely that there are obstacles in their way that prevent them from doing the things they want. Be it an accountant or someone higher up.

I remember some of the idea's they were sharing with me last year which were extremely exciting. So much so that I was totally blown away and saying to myself, FINALLY KORG will be everywhere. Sadly, what they where planing hasn't happened.

Regards
Sharp.
peter_schwartz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... someone takes issue with you, Kevin, and you tell them what time it is about remaining a member of this forum?

Kevin, you often refer to "Korg's behavior" as though they are a person, and like they owe you some kind of favor. They are a company with distributors across the world, and just like pricing is different in different countries, so are promotional strategies. And I'm not saying this as a Korg "insider", especially because I'm not even remotely connected with that end of the business. However, it doesn't take much to figure out this kind of stuff.

And before anyone goes crying about how disenfranchised they've become, I live in a city of 11 million people, OK? Is Korg coming here? Nope. And super-please, try and hold off on the anti-American sentiments/specious claims about preferential treatment in this "international forum". That kind of talk is truly offensive.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg giving preferential treatment to US customers Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:

This coupled to their offer of a competition to win a Kronos in the US only; and the alleged cheaper price of the Kronos in the US; all constitute a blatant "F*** OFF" to the rest of the world by Korg. I have never encountered such arrogance in all my life.

Kevin,

Surely you must realize that Korg Country Distributors are responsible for setting their own prices, performing their own Marketing and Sales, and providing their own support.

Besides the U.S., it appears Korg Italy had their own tour which some forum members attended.

Regarding price, the U.S. market is the biggest market for most keyboards (except arrangers), and the retail prices offered are lower due to that. People in the U.S. can also buy most anything (TVs, appliances, gasoline, etc.) cheaper than other countries, and especially cheaper than in the U.K.

Is this fair? Who knows. Is Korg specifically screwing non-US customers. No.
ozy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
Bertotti --If you're going to remain a member of this forum etc etc

Everybody, EVERYBODY here is entitled to behave like an asshole from time to time.

It's just human nature: there are bad days, and the internet unfortunately offers a easy way of venting frustration.

I plead guilty. No, make that "I am the biggest asshole here".

All of this was an introduction to the following statement:

Kevin, your retort to bertotti was a bit, just a bit, on the "asshole on a bad day" side.

let's move on.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozy wrote:

I am the biggest asshole here".

True, very true. Laughing

Sharp Wink
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I am really "Peaced off" because Musikmeese wasnt held in the US also.. and I wanted to see that Schmidt Synth!! I believe they had a Kronus there to see and play didnt they? Hmmm.. How far from Ireland?

And I believe a plane ticket is about $3-400 to fly to one of the cities that have demos for the Kronus.

Oh yeah Kevin, if you send me your Youtube video I will gladly submit it for you to win the free Kronus.. free of charge! Of course I may have to edit it a little.. Smile

Yeah and next up... is why all the lettering on the Kronus isnt printed in 4 different languages?... "runs and ducks to go peel more potatoes".......
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how he feels, Roland UK gave away a Fantom G a few years ago and I did not win.

What would I do for a Kronos?

Guess I'll have to wait a little while and pony up the $3k, that what I'll do for my Kronos, same thing I did for the Fantom G. (funny thing it's about the same amount of money only a few less keys and a whole bunch more synth engines (Cool, sounds like a deal to me.

Shocked

Atlas 5, USA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: