Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg giving preferential treatment to US customers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GiantSonicRobot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
The one and only absolutely NO GO for me is the HUGE time difference in announcing price and availability. It is absolutely childish and amateurish from my view not to coordinate that worldwide at one point in time (+/- two weeks or so).

Come on now, this must be at least your 15th post on how much this pricing issue is haunting you.

Seriously, what's the problem? It will be somewhere between € 3000 for the 61 and € 4000 for the 88 -- give or take a little. Isn't that enough information for you to roughly plan your budget for the next 3 months? Rolling Eyes

No offense intended, I just don't get it.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiantSonicRobot,

the recurring theme in variations (which provoked me to underline my view) should show you that the problem is annoying more than one person (I personally know some), and that there simply is no good reason available to accept that, despite some lame explanations. Note: I'm not anxious about the pricing. I am simply not accepting that some citizens are told prices and are allowed to order at that price and others are not. Completely unacceptable to me!

Sorry to walk on your or others nerves, but I am not willing to give in on this. It annoys me since years in various experiences, and now again.

I enjoyed your Messe report very much, by the way.
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to drag this thread up again but just felt I needed to say that I've read all the posts and take on board the general gist including Dan's point. I'll zip it on this gripe form here on in - it's too good a forum and I do of course hugely respect Korg overall - the release of Kronos, iMS20, and recently thet fantastic Monotribe and Wavedrum Mini show just how innovative Korg are (the Wavedrum Mini is stunning - if you haven't see the video yet, go check it out, it's amazing).

Cheers to all,
Kevin.
FranzK

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how could you possibly say USA gets preferential treatment?

we get all the synths long after Japan and Europe!

Wink reviewing, Im always playing catch up!

KORGLECTION: FIVE Classic ELECTRIBES, FIVE KAOSS!
3 Volca, iPads, Three DS10, Monotron, Classic O1W/FD

See my videos! KORG and other Synths and Apps,
VJing, Animation, Games etc.
www.youtube.com/vjfranzk
Chriskk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg Inc. is a small company. It employs about 300 people. It has to rely on distributors outside Japan. Distributors (e.g., Korg USA) make their own marketing decisions.
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time someone says Korg gives US customers preferential treatment, a puppy dies.
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
Bertotti --

The issue is a real one. If you're going to remain a member of this forum; then discuss the issue and do not get personal. I'm entitled to raise the issue here. I'd value your opinion on the issue - but as said - don't get personal about it.

As an aside - every time I raise this issue there is a massive knee-jerk reaction from US members. Take it on the chin pal - and as said - engage the issue without getting personal. The issue is real - and - this is an international forum. If you can't cope with that you have the right to unregister from it.

Kevin.

What does piss people in the USA off is when you blame the USA distributor (incorrectly) for the faults and shortcomings of Korg UK (your distributor).

Seems to me like Korg USA is doing exactly as they should for the US! Seems your Korg distributor wherever you live is slacking to say the least.

The issue is real - as is your ignorance in terms of your placement of blame. Stop hating on KorgUSA (which I've seen happen here multiple times) just because your distributors aren't living up to your expectations. I bet you will receive a lot less "knee-jerk" reactions when your anger is directed to the proper place.

And from a marketing side of things - if KorgINC does give special treatement to a certain country - it is likely the result of market research which told them that country will purchase the most amount of their instrument.
Mystic38

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude..let it go.. Look at the dates and read the thread.. Kevin apologized three months ago
Korg PA4X, Nord Stage 3, Virus Ti Polar, Novation Nova II, Yamaha S70XS, MPC-X, TC Helicon Voicelive Rack, KRK VXT8 monitors, 2012 LP Standard, 1999 Am. hardtail Strat, Fender DRRI, Orange AD30HTC, Marshall Vintage Modern, 2 cans and a piece of string...
PinkFloydDudi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic38 wrote:
Dude..let it go.. Look at the dates and read the thread.. Kevin apologized three months ago

I didn't notice the dates on the posts, just the last couple replies which were recent.

And there was no apology.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: