Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A fresh track made on MS1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkside

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: A fresh track made on MS1 Reply with quote

Hi all! Here is some Microsampler madness from Estonia. Actually just a groovy tune. Samples come from: Korgs sample packs, pc program "Syntaron", Microkorg, R3, Alesis Micron and Yamaha MM6. Have a good blast and wait for more.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8311580/Stormrider.mp3
acemonvw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it! Sounds very good! The transition about halfway through the song was really well done!

Now I want to go pick one up...
Darkside

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx! Actually I also like it myself.
Darkside

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Now it's time for more, as promised. This time a bit more sunny tune. So have a grab, but PLEASE please don't spread!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8311580/Yeah%21.mp3
Korglee

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really liked both of these alot. Is there any way you could explain the process you used in making them? Thanks.
Darkside

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is actually easy. You just have to consider what parts could be recorded as samples "melodic/rhythmic loops", and whitch is the "CHOSEN" one to be played in keyboard mode "ocasionally added notes to the melody/non-looping or longer melodies, drum hits/sfx in transitions between different patterns/sections.

And finally: here's one more tune. Heavily used Alesis Micron in this one.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8311580/Spacestation.mp3
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice stuff. Looking forward to my microSampler that arrives tomorrow. Having a Virus TI will definitely help in creating some samples!!!

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korglee wrote:
Really liked both of these alot. Is there any way you could explain the process you used in making them? Thanks.

Agreed... it'd be nice to see a YouTube video showing the process of creating these complete arrangements.

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
expilatio

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely brilliant!!! All 3 of them, not only good because they are made with a Korg micoSampler, but thy are actually great tunes regardless of the instruments used.

I wld also love to see a workflow youtube video however. Would be inspirational to many mS owners nd prospective buyers.

Pl keep up he good work.

Cheers
Xpilatio
Korglee

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou for the information. That last one sounds just as terrific as the others. A YouTube how-to video would definitely be inspirational. I am demoing a Microsampler this coming weekend and your songs have gotten me really excited about it. Thanks again.
Darkside

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorrrieh guyz! could and would do an audio podcast if you will. Being blind I don't have even the cheepest webcam, so no youtube. You can also find me on skype by the name of "Dark-tracker". I'm truely happy, that you like my music. I've never shared my tracks like that before. It's also nice to be of help for others. Anyway, thanx for all the respect!!!
expilatio

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, an audiocast would be great. I guess a kind of step by step workflow explanation is what we could benefit from.

Samplers are so versatile instruments, that you could work in many different ways, so I am wondering which method you are using to arrive at such good results.

For example; are you actually playing the melodies on external instruments and then sampling them into mS?

or are you sampling one sound into mS, build a rhythm or melody by playing it live or using the sequencer of mS, resample it within mS and move onto the next block?

Cheers
expilatio
Darkside

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, that' s correct. I create melodic loops and sometimes rhythms on external synths. For example in "Yeah!" the guitar groove comes from MM6, destinctive "electrohouse" pattern is made on R3, short triplet bass riff comes from the Microkorg and the drumloops come from Korgs samplepacks. Actually there's no hiden secret involved, just for me making music is like working out a structured plan and building it up. I'm mutch more creative within limits, sutch as with MS1, as there are no endless possibilities, where I could get lost.

Hope, that gave some overview of my way of working. I'm waiting for others to catch up on that, so let's stop complaining about limitations of our great machines, exploiting and abusing them instead.

BTW, my next track will be a kind of dubstep, so watch this space!!!
cos

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm making tracks on Microsampler, and only Microsampler. I don't use any PC sequencer and I don't own any other music hardware yet. My background is in trackers, mostly on Amiga in the 90's.

It would be nice to see or hear how others do their work on Microsampler. It's my first "professional" music device so I've had to learn all myself.

My released tracks can be found here: http://soundcloud.com/vranki
Korglee

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cos, I like your tracks. If you don't have any music hardware (not even synths?) other than the Microsampler then how do you construct your songs?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: