Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why are you buying a Kronos when you did not buy an Oasys?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apresmidi2010

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just spared my money for Oasys and it took too long.

When I was ready, Oasys had gone for good. No second-hands.
I got M3 61 with Radias board in stead and consequently, I had surplus. I got Blofeld, Virus TI Snow, Micron, Tetra within a month afterwards. Finally, I got V-Synth GT.

I will not sell M3 when I get Kronos, I love it. Radias and Blofeld are my two fav VAs.
Devnor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy I remember I opened the Sweetwater catalog with that beautiful 2 page spread but then they hit me with a $8500 price tag. Like most folks I had to settle for the Fs & Ms. I have been waiting & saving 2+ years for the next great synth...heh 2 in one year. Gotta love it Smile
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apresmidi2010 wrote:
I got Blofeld, Virus TI Snow,
[...]
Radias and Blofeld are my two fav VAs.

Could you please say what makes you prefer a Radias or a Blofeld over a Virus TI?
Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KORG OASYS is one of the most powerful "synthesizers" ever. If it was the the most powerful and flexible midi/audio workstation as well, I could have bought it to replace all my other keyboards. With that price tag, it didn't meet my requirements/needs for a dedicated workstation, that is why I didn't buy it.

KRONOS, which has same limitations as the OASYS as a workstation, is much easier to afford and add it to the gear, with out getting rid of other keyboard workstations.
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't this show that the OASYS can be got for less than the new K-88?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Korg-Oasys-Studio-88-key-Synthesizer-Keyboard-NEW-OPEN-/200597761669?pt=Keyboards_MIDI&hash=item2eb48eee85

In which case, all those who wanted an O and couldn't afford one, can now get a cheap Kronos (well 75% of one anyway!) Wink
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXer wrote:
Apresmidi2010 wrote:
I got Blofeld, Virus TI Snow,
[...]
Radias and Blofeld are my two fav VAs.

Could you please say what makes you prefer a Radias or a Blofeld over a Virus TI?

I don't have a Blofeld - yet. I currently have an excellent stand in with an excellent Ensoniq FiZMO. Wink But I want one.

As for the Virus, I have a more-than-capable and great sounding Virus C KC, but I must admit that I end up going to my Radias more often. It's more of a chameleon and has more synthesizer functions. I can get sounds on the Radias I can't on any other synth.

To be honest though, I love my Arturia Origin most of all. Wink
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Virus TI-Snow and I love the sound! It may easily be my favorite, Of course I only edit it via the pre-configured adjustment (5 knobs include filter Q & Freq)

Radias has taken a back seat. Due primarily to lack of functional display. Don't know which program I am on. but the knobs are labled.

For VA Tweeking I sure like the Nord Lead 2X, no on board effects I run it through a set of Boss pedals.

I've started to come to gripes with my Gaia, finally!

But the sad thing is.........I use the Korg monotron the most, and it did not even cost $100.

I am buying the Kronos because it fits so well into my ideal keyboard setup, I will not be getting rid of any current equipment.
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
Apresmidi2010

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXer:

I think I prefer filters of Radias and Blofeld (they are different of course) to that of Virus. But it is very subtle thing. Blofeld's filter, LPF, with high resonance, really sweeps beautifully to my ears. About Radias, I like LPF and Comb Filter, I think they are beautiful. Virus is of course good.

I forgot to tell about V-Synth. The law pass filter of COSM section (TVF) is the weakest among all synths I have since it does not tremble when low pass filter is swept down. I am not sure if I express the point corrently... if the term tremble makes any sense. This does not mean I do not like V-Synth though. It is my master keyboard and I use it before I turn on any others - the next is M3 w Radias. Some presets, when cosm section arrangement is altered, produce awesome sound that can harm my ears.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: