Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(iMS20) How do you browse patches within a song/project?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris1a

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: (iMS20) How do you browse patches within a song/project? Reply with quote

So i just bought iMS-20, amazing stuff, having so much fun with this one. Anyway Ive always relied on presets (only light tweaking etc). Not many presets comes with iMS, so i downloaded a few songs from soundcloud from within the app. But i can´t browse the presets the songs are using. If i press the "sound preset" in the toolbar it just takes you to Korgs default list and not the presets the song/project is using.

If i change the pattern-buttons (under playback) the presets might change and i can save it. But is there any other better proper way to do it? I wanna build a library of presets.

Hope my swenglish makes sense (sorry bout that).

/Christian.

Korg if ur watching, please put internal iOS midi sync and a poly mode if possible. And make it possible to import presets banks! Very Happy
ihisert

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no streamlined way to browse the presets, but what I've done is this:

Each pattern uses a synth and can use multiple sounds on the drum parts. For the synth sound, I clickj the Synth button (in components area) I can just save that into my regular presets (save button to the right of Browse under Sound Preset)

For the drum parts, click the select sound (or is sound edit) button on the drum track for the sound I want to save to presets. This brings up the window where you can either tweak the existing sound or browse for a new one. There I just click the save button (again, to the right of Browse by the presets). I then go back and do the same for any other sound used in the drum tracks. I'll then change the pattern to see if other sounds are used in other patterns.

It's a bit cumbersome, but I've started to build up a nice library of presets this way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: