Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos production stopped??
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobbyrobert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Kronos production stopped?? Reply with quote

I have just been advised by Music Planet in Auckland that Kronos production has stopped due to earthquake!!!
They said they could not give me a price or any idea when it would be shipped. Anybody else heard this?

Bobby

Sad
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos production stopped?? Reply with quote

bobbyrobert wrote:
I have just been advised by Music Planet in Auckland that Kronos production has stopped due to earthquake!!!
They said they could not give me a price or any idea when it would be shipped. Anybody else heard this?

Bobby

Sad

This is not correct. Production is going forward.

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
T7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read that Fukaya is part of Japan's daily rolling blackouts, as a result production at Toshiba's mobile display division has been slowed to a crawl. Has there not been a similar affect on production of the Kronos at the production facility in Fukaya?

I'm concerned about the affect of housing Kronos production in a non-climate controlled facility resulting in corrosion from condensation, due to temperature fluctuations, from these blackouts.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T7 wrote:
I have read that Fukaya is part of Japan's daily rolling blackouts, as a result production at Toshiba's mobile display division has been slowed to a crawl. Has there not been a similar affect on production of the Kronos at the production facility in Fukaya?

I'm concerned about the affect of housing Kronos production in a non-climate controlled facility resulting in corrosion from condensation, due to temperature fluctuations, from these blackouts.

As far as I know, there are no concerns about this.

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
T7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:

As far as I know, there are no concerns about this.

- Dan

Are you saying the Korg production facility in Fukaya is not subject to the mandatory rolling blackouts in that city?
PatrickD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have Honda Generators. The finest in the land! Very Happy
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do know that in the financial world there's great concern about the effects of the earthquake.

In the worst case scenario it might trigger the equivalent of an economic tsunami when the quarterly earnings reports are published, with stockmarkets plummeting.
Citigroup has already downgraded Japanese autostocks to 'sell'.

It's not just the earthquake which might cause this, it's the combination of this catastrophe with the high price of oil, the depressed state of affairs for entire nations such as Portugal etc., and the unrest which currently is sweeping through the Middle East and which seems to be spreading.
ozy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
I do know that in the financial world there's great concern about the effects of the earthquake.

In the worst case scenario it might trigger the equivalent of an economic tsunami when the quarterly earnings reports are published, with stockmarkets plummeting.
Citigroup has already downgraded Japanese autostocks to 'sell'.

It's not just the earthquake which might cause this, it's the combination of this catastrophe with the high price of oil, the depressed state of affairs for entire nations such as Portugal etc., and the unrest which currently is sweeping through the Middle East and which seems to be spreading.

It's terrible.

It will end the world.

As previously happened with 9/11, the Oil Shock of the '70s, the Winter of Discontent, Bush's election, Bush's demise, Obama's election, Obama's stalemate, the dominance of Television, the fall of Television, the Century of Radio, the end of the Century of radio 20 years later, AIDS, etc etc...

Stop buying newspapers, and everything bad will go away.

Seriously: the energy produced by 5.8 billion people toiling and thinking about the task at hand is stronger than any media-hyped tsunami.

If everybody focused on what he is good at doing,

200.000 people on the planet will be permanently unemployed and will ultimately starve: media moguls, politicians, fear-mongerers, and some psychiatrists. Plus the guy who designed the Roland Lucina.

1 million more [their minions] will just have to be re-trained to new, less dangerous jobs (this is the hardest part: teaching a CNN Production Assistant, let's say... how to cook meals, or how to change diapers to a ill senior).

the remaining 5.798.800.000 will go on living.
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you're right, Ozy, but from what I have seen, when big waves appear on the stock market it begets a dynamic of its own, and the underlying motivation is no longer reason but emotion.

A nice example of this in action happened during the financial crisis in 2008 when solid financial shares could go down by 30% two days in a row, followed by 30% upward the next day. And I'm talking about shares which had a track record of fluctuating no more than 1% per day for years.

So I doubt if the financial world will remain level headed when the quarterly earning reports come out.
If Citigroup's advice is any indication of what is to come the doomsayers may be right this time.
ozy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
in 2008 when solid financial shares could go down by 30% two days in a row. If Citigroup's advice is any indication of what is to come the doomsayers may be right this time.

"solid"?!?

Junk went down! - and should have stayed there, btw.

Including Citigroup, which is a zombie, has been dead since 2008, and whose advice I would never heed.

I am not "optimist" in the bankers' meaning of the world (i.e.: always idiotically euphoric and hyperactive, except when they need cheap money from the government - so they occasionally must exhibit gloom in order to get a free lunch),

I know that the stock market doomsayers are right (they don't know how right they are. they are dead, and don't know it).

I just say that I don't live on credit, so I couldn't care less what the stock market does,

and I don't recommend anybody wasting time and money following idiots who couldn't find a real job and shuffle other people's money.

Look at the Japanese:

they had 22 years of recession, deflation, a neverending fall of the stock market...

... and still everybody is expecting the last product of their technology.

The last (kronos), the second last (roland jp80), the third last (next yamaha) etc etc etc

Their stock market was falling, and Japanese kids had 3G phones 5 YEARS before their American fellows.

Don't read newspapers, shut yahoo finance down, forget television: talk to people who have a real job. They know better about the economy.

My wife is a small entrepreneur, and she hears things about banks, economic data, etc.. two months before the newspapers release the data.

It's called "the grapevine". The words of people who work on products, pay for them, test them, notice faults, and are not paid to feed hype.

Media are for people who don't have friends.

This forum is an example of "grapevine" btw.

This is why it loses quality when it gets "excited" by media hype.
Apresmidi2010

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: No Rolling Blackouts currently Reply with quote

deleted.

Last edited by Apresmidi2010 on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it!

And also glad that the shocks haven't caused as much damage.
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 11th of the month is becomming a scarey day. 9/11, Earthquake 3/11 and yesterday 4/11 another one.

Be afraid, Be very afraid of the 11th. It's the new 13th. Rolling Eyes

I continue to pray for all those affected by these aweful catastrophes!

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T7 wrote:

T7 makes a good point. The link below, from what I understand, shows their will be blackouts through the end of April. I read Toshiba had a month downtime in Fukaya.

I wonder if anything has been shipped as of yet?

Since the earthquake everything has been changed. Lots of stress, logistic problems, employee work schedules. etc..

http://www.silanganpilipino.com/showthread.php?2165-Blackout-schedule
Apresmidi2010

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted.

Last edited by Apresmidi2010 on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: