Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos production stopped??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you really think the US authorities are just going to unload a large shipment coming into our ports from Japan without inspection?
Think about it .. tick tock .. tick tock ... no way! If a geiger counter is going to make you feel at ease then go at it. Wink
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lou wrote:
Do you really think the US authorities are just going to unload a large shipment coming into our ports from Japan without inspection?
Think about it .. tick tock .. tick tock ... no way! If a geiger counter is going to make you feel at ease then go at it. Wink

Only last week here in Holland a truck past the radiation detectors while it had several times the allowed norm for radiation levels.
However, whereas the custom office ignored these levels, a private company DID detect the radiation levels, and reported it.

The max. level of radiation allowed is around 4 bq.
This particular truck which carried the shipment showed levels of 40 - 200 bq according to an official from the private company, and the custom office simply let it pass by, even though they admitted having measured levels of 6 - 33 bq.

Just goes to show you should not have an unlimited trust in what the official channels tell you.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, can't argue with that.

I read somewhere that after 8 or so days the levels contained dissipate.
You would think time at sea to reach the US and abroad would surely bring levels to a degree of acceptance?

Lets face it, Japan ships goods on a daily routine, .. where are all the reports/ complaints.
Seems to be very marginal, or maybe they are using this as another way of battling population growth! Mr. Green
Rocness

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:

Just goes to show you should not have an unlimited trust in what the official channels tell you.

Exactly
Rocness

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScoobyDoo555 wrote:

I find it all too ridiculous to believe.

OK SOMEONE HAS DIED
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110514/ap_on_bi_ge/as_japan_earthquake

is it still ridiculous to you ?
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst very sad that someone has died, he was a contract worker AT THE PLANT. Therefore, at GREAT immediate exposure to the radiation.
*edited to add - read the whole article: there's no confirmation yet that the worker has died from radiation-related issues, and that he has showed NO signs of excessive radiation*

So what's your point?

We're talking about goods that aren't "boxed"/shipped within the vicinity - almost atmospheric radiation levels. That will dissipate over the 8 days.

Do I still find it ridiculous that people are paranoid over radiation levels OUTSIDE of Japan?

Yes. C'mon, get a grip.

Just to repeat myself before the righteous-do-gooders dive in, it is very sad that the worker has died (and deepest sympathies to the family), BUT if he died of radiation (no evidence of this), he was in an area of GREATER risk than anywhere else.
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.

Last edited by ScoobyDoo555 on Sat May 14, 2011 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clear up one other misquote -

yes there is good and bad radiation - but look at what is in our atmosphere EVERY day, varying levels of different types of good and bad radiation.

Don't see people just dropping down dead of atmospheric radiation do we?

I'm by no means scientist, but let's tune into "Sanity FM" for a bit.

If you want to Geiger-counter your Kronos, that is entirely your prerogative, or even not buy one through fear of the "bogeyman", be my guest - more stock for the rest of us.

Whatever gets you making music comfortably for you. Me? I'll be buying one as soon as it gets to my shores, and I won't think twice about any demons that may or may not be lurking in the molecules.
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
ScottB601

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You folks know that I was totally kidding about the geiger counter, right? I was being sarcastic because the notion of the Kronos being radioactive is ridiculous in the extreme. To reiterate an earlier post, yes, indeed, get a grip.
ozy

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScoobyDoo555 wrote:
yes there is good and bad radiation

weeeeeee- uuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeee

weeeeeee- uuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeee

chugga chugga

Good good good good radiations
(Oom bop bop)
She's giving me excitations
(Oom bop bop excitations)
Good good good good radiations
(Oom bop bop)
She's giving me excitations
(Oom bop bop excitations)
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol!
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScoobyDoo555 wrote:
lol!

That just encourages him. (Sigh)
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I read somewhere that shortly on www.korg.com there'll be a pointer to a competition to be announced by Jordan Rudes, where you win a Geiger Counter with your Kronos. It's for the US only. If the winner finds the radiation levels too high they'll be given a replacement, with the irradiated one shipped off to another continent. So don't worry.

Kevin.
ozy

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lougheed wrote:
ScoobyDoo555 wrote:
lol!
That just encourages him. (Sigh)

you must admit I make one hell of a theremin emulation.
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozy wrote:

you must admit I make one hell of a theremin emulation.

True, you jerk the ol' wand like few others
orpheus2006
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScoobyDoo555 wrote:
there's no confirmation yet that the worker has died from radiation-related issues, and that he has showed NO signs of excessive radiation
Yes, according to TEPCO it is save to work at Fukushima power plants. Ministers are made of stern stuff, too, demonstrating to the public that eating contaminated vegetables isn't harmful at all. Radioactivity is a natural thing, or do you think these ministers commit suicide? No, it strengthens their health: "What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!"
Korg M3-88 w/ EXB-Radias, Yamaha Motif Rack w/ PLG150-AN & PLG150-DR, Novation A-Station, RME Multiface II Audio Interface, Thinkpad T60 Notebook w/ Sonar X3 and various VSTi, Event TR8 monitors, Beyerdynamic DT-770 headphones
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: