Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos or Receptor 2+?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keego

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Kronos or Receptor 2+? Reply with quote

I have been waiting paitiently for the release of Kronos but as you know having cash at your disposal your head is easily turned to available products. As such I am now considering buying a Muse Receptor 2+ instaed of Kronos base model costs £1600 for that 750gb Hard Drive 2.8 dual core processor and 4GB of Ram or you can now have an SSD instead of the conventional hard drive.

Should I wait for Kronos?

Previous:
Korg:X5D,Wavestation, N364, Trinity,Triton Classic,Triton Studio, Korg M3 61 w/ EXB-Radias
Ensoniq:TS12, SD1, ASR10
Roland:XP10, JD-800, Roland XV88, A90ex
Kurzweil:K2500RS, K2661, PC3
Nord: Electro 3
Zeroesque

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Receptor w/ NI Komplete 5 (and other cool stuff) on it and can't wait to get my Kronos. They are different beasts to me, but I can see how you'd compare them for the same functions. I don't particularly like gigging w/ modules (or programming on them, though PC editors make that less of a chore...sometimes).

If I didn't have the Receptor, I would still wait for Kronos. The Receptor is somewhere between an instrument and a computer, with some advantages and disadvantages of each. Of course, this is all a lame-o old-school view, I know.

Do you already have a full battery of VSTs that you'd consider as a replacement for the Kronos? I'd start there first. Even if you do, it's not always straightforward trying to get your existing patches from your computer to the Receptor. Sometimes it's maddeningly frustrating or even impossible. You will also inevitably be disappointed that one (or many) of your favorite plugs won't install on the Receptor (though I recognize that the Kronos is completely closed, of course).

Also, be sure to add the cost of plugs to the Receptor. Komplete is the closest thing in my mind to a Kronos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: