Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos ships in July in the UK
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Kronos ships in July in the UK Reply with quote

Hi -

Today I received notification from Digital Village in the UK that the Kronos 88 will ship in July and with RRP £3958 (subject to final confirmation from Korg UK)

I've being dealing with a excellent sales representative in DV for the past 4 years or so called Tom O'Shea; he's very reliable and always trustworthy and knowledgeable; and I had asked him since January to keep me abreast of movements as I intend purchasing a Kronos 88 as soon as they are out. So I very much trust Tom's information as best as can be obtained right now. Certainly all along he had been flagging with me that he didn't have available info - and it's only in his interest to flag this info when he's certain of it.

I have no vested interest in DV and only know Tom though my purchases with DV; but I highly recommend them to those in the UK (and Ireland) - Tom has always been very helpful to me.

Regards,
Kevin.
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may buy a 61 notes with Dv, i ask them for the price b ut they did not know, could you ask to your seller?
Thanx
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ridiculous price. Evil or Very Mad
TRIaXOR

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

£3958 - VAT and converted to US is Approx $5384 USD Shocked Excuse me if I'm wrong but another member preordered an 88 in the US for $3599 and I would hazard a guess that included taxes..

If this is true then I'm truly sickened and Korg has just lost a customer here, there is no way in hell I'm going to pay nearly $2K more for the same machine just because of my location. Evil or Very Mad
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting news Kevin, but wow, that price seems high Shocked

I thought the idea behind Kronos was to bring OASYS technology/quality to a wider market (thus enabling Korg to get more in return for their OASYS R&D). At £4k, it's hardly mass-market pricing.

O-88s are selling for £2.5k at the moment on eBay (there's one from an American seller right now - don't think it's a scam either).

Last edited by cello on Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's a lot. But compare it to a $4995US Prophet 5 in past. Still, quite a lot though.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't the 3958 mentioned above RETAIL price? Retail in the US would be $4750 for a Kronos 88.

Busch.
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burningbusch wrote:
Isn't the 3958 mentioned above RETAIL price? Retail in the US would be $4750 for a Kronos 88.

Busch.

Yep - RRP = recommended retail price

However in the UK the 'street' prices are not heavily discounted below the RRP...
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking at a UK retailer that shows the Korg M3-88 Retail at £2880 and street at £2399.

Busch.
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRIaXOR wrote:
£3958 - VAT and converted to US is Approx $5384 USD Shocked Excuse me if I'm wrong but another member preordered an 88 in the US for $3599 and I would hazard a guess that included taxes..

If this is true then I'm truly sickened and Korg has just lost a customer here, there is no way in hell I'm going to pay nearly $2K more for the same machine just because of my location. Evil or Very Mad

Actually, to us OASYS owners these prices seem very cheap !! Price /performance wise, this is shockingly good. I know you can't 'sense' the depth of Kronos, but the term 'game changer' is truly modest! This is a massively deeper and more robust instrument thananything else availabe today. Remember that. Without getting into the details all over again, remember, even the new pianos on this probably outshine the SV-1. So think of it like you're getting an OASYS + SV-1, and then some, for about half the price of the original OASYS!

In any case - don't panic TRIaXOR (cool name!!) - I'm sure your conversion will not work out quite as high in US dollars - I'm sure Korg will aim to keep it below the $5000 for the 88.

Please excuse me if I don't act as a go between on prices for the 61 or any other DV news - I don't want to become embroiled in any issues should things change. If anyone wants to PM me for Tom O'Shea's DV email address I'll be delighted to forward it - but I haven't talked to him about that so please contact him with usual professional courtesy's.

Cheers,
Kevin.
TRIaXOR

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
TRIaXOR wrote:

Actually, to us OASYS owners these prices seem very cheap !! Price /performance wise, this is shockingly good. I know you can't 'sense' the depth of Kronos, but the term 'game changer' is truly modest! This is a massively deeper and more robust instrument thananything else availabe today. Remember that. Without getting into the details all over again, remember, even the new pianos on this probably outshine the SV-1. So think of it like you're getting an OASYS + SV-1, and then some, for about half the price of the original OASYS!

This isn't an OASYS though, imho that like comparing the M3 to an M50

Kevin Nolan wrote:

In any case - don't panic TRIaXOR (cool name!!) - I'm sure your conversion will not work out quite as high in US dollars - I'm sure Korg will aim to keep it below the $5000 for the 88.

Thanks, but I'd rather pay the EXACT same as our US friends over the pond + applicable taxes such as VAT

I hear a lot of terms like 'Game Changer' and 'Like an OASYS but cheaper' but tbh, unless you've been to NAMM or Musikmesse, more than likely noone has seen a Kronos in action other than Youtube videos (like myself) or heard it properly except in MP3 from downloads (which is as close as anyone is gonna get without sitting at one), I agree that the Kronos is a nice piece of kit to get but as I have stated before, I will not pay more than anyone else for it because of my location, and imho, I'm not the only UK/Euro member thats disappointed in this Sad
jahrome

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are you gentleman implying that it's Korg's fault for the prices in different countries?

In the US, the 61 key version is advertised for $2999 online. Here in Japan, the same model is going for 258,000 yen which is $3,145 to $3225 depending on the dollar to yen exchange rate. I would have thought it would be cheaper in Japan since they are made here.

My options are to pay the extra costs and get the Kronos earlier or wait a little longer and order from a US company like American Musical which offers free shipping saving over $145.
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos ships in July in the UK Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
Hi -

Today I received notification from Digital Village in the UK that the Kronos 88 will ship in July and with RRP £3958 (subject to final confirmation from Korg UK)

That is most unfortunate. I feel badly for all this... I hope that price comes down. Maybe the reason for delayed cost amounts is the UK distributor is trying to bring down the cost? thinking optimistically here.
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey- lucky me, I live in the states.

But seriously- is this a Korg thing or what gives? I notice the Yamaha XF8 going for $3499 at Sweetwater, which is just $100 shy of $3599, which is the deal some people have gotten on the Kronos.

Looking at UK prices, I see Bonners Music Superstore selling the XF8 for 2,944 Euros. How is it that there's a 1,000 pound difference for keyboards nearly identical in price, both made in Japan, both sold in England.

But I can't tell if VAT has been applied to the XF8 price. If I bought the XF8 from Sweetwater, I wouldn't be paying tax or shipping.

Randy
dangerousdave

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos ships in July in the UK Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:

Today I received notification from Digital Village in the UK that the Kronos 88 will ship in July and with RRP £3958 (subject to final confirmation from Korg UK).

Sounds consistent with the "tentative" prices I was given by instruments2go - RRP £3,598, and street price £2,999 for the K-73.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: