Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos ships in July in the UK
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RKfan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodiko how are you getting £2850?

If you look at the Sweetwater price for the Kronos K73 $3,499 and the Roland Jupiter 80 $3,499 and then look at the Roland price in the UK (DV247) - £2,589 (and ask for a discount) - then shouldn't the price be around £2,600 for the K73?

Working on a similar exchange rate for Korg and Roland (currency differences should be the same, unless Korg dollars are more expensive) then the K61 should be £2,200 (still ask for a discount) - of course if you really want to pay £2,850 that's fine.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly hope you're right!!!! Laughing

You can hopefully see how I got to my prices - by basing it on the M3 comparison (imho, a safer bet than comparing to a Roland product)

But I would gladly keep the change in my pocket!!
However, I wouldn't upgrade my requirement to get a K73 with the saving.... I only want/need a K61.
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you just email or call Digital Village in the UK and ask for the price of the Kronos 61 and 73.

My contact sent me the price of a Kronos 88 as that's what I asked for. But he was quite casual about it - there's noting exclusive or hidden here. Just ask.

Kevin.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But that's FAR to easy!!!! Very Happy

This way, we get to spend days discussing something that could take seconds to sort out....... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, DV247.com:

I've just called them (Bristol & Barnet) - no price available yet.

Barnet did indicate an ETA of next month "but take that with a pinch of salt"....

Kevin, can you do me a favour, and get in touch with your contact - my guess is that he/she is higher up in the company than the phone monkeys....... (not their fault, as they've only got the data on the computer)
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also just called Korg UK........

No news as yet on price, but they did echo the delivery date of next month - they took my contact details (for what it's worth)
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scoobydoo555,

If you PM me I'll email you Tom O'Shea's contact details. I don't want to act as a go between - most especially out of respect for DV. I'd find it awkward emailing Tom to ask for prices that might be subject to change and then me posting them on a forum - it could get tricky.

But PM me if you want his email address to contact him. Hope you understand.

Cheers,
Kevin.
thekeymaster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScoobyDoo555 wrote:
Also just called Korg UK........

No news as yet on price, but they did echo the delivery date of next month - they took my contact details (for what it's worth)

I find that shocking.

Korg release the price !!!!!!!!! I cant see any reason for them not to do so other than it being more expensive than most customers wish to pay and it will hurt sales.

I reckon £3,959 sounds about right if this is the case....plus I too find it difficult regardless of taxes why there should be such a huge discrepancy between continents. In theory buy a Kronos in the UK and you've just lost £1,000 on it if you were to try and sell it on to someone in the US. Insane. ( yeah I know voltage differences etc etc but you know where i'm coming from)

The other thing I find interesting though is,its only just over £1,000 cheaper than OASYS from 6 years ago. Me personally would expect an 88 note to be competitive to be around £3,299 RRP. Then you can barter.

Korg's silence is deafening in this regard. Get it sorted !!!!!!!!!

Cake Muncher
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dokido

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my calculations then
hope Im wrong though

kronos 88 = £3958 from digital village
kronos 88 = $3800 from sweetwater
kronos 61 = $3000 from sweetwater

then the uk price on 61 should be £2850

or am I counting wrong? (that would be nice Wink )
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was a bit of a surprise.... and an unpleasant one imho.

Just been given a Kronos 61 price "subject to change but educated guess" from a big retailer in the UK.

£3120 with potential discount bringing it down to £2900.....

OUCH.

Now I know why Korg are reluctant to divulge prices - they're waiting for all of the reviews (to hopefully promote and "rave" about the machine) and then will announce the price once they've got everybody (hopefully) frothing at the mouth.
Otherwise IF people knew the concrete price beforehand, at the price I've mentioned, the amount of prospective buyers could walk.

I'm holding on until the release (which again, was confirmed at late May-ish), but unless the price is lower, I will be resorting back to plan "b".
thekeymaster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Sweetwater are charging $3,800 for an 88 Note K then going by today's exchange rate an exact swap in currency would be.......

......£2,328.95 in sterling. Now then lets add import duty @ 15% £349.34 (and i think i may be slightly generous with the rate)

£2678.29

Then add VAT 20% £535.65....

mmmmmm......£3213,94

So if I add shipping at say £100 it seems that in theory it would be cheaper to buy from the states.But of course we have power difference,warranty issues etc etc... I still think the £3,299 RRP in the UK is a realistic figure for an 88 note if it's supposed to be a game changer.

I know this is rich seeing as I paid for an OASYS but I was expecting the Kronos to be cheaper than an RRP in the UK starting above £3000 for 61 note.

Sad

Cake Muncher
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DaveBoulden

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thekeymaster wrote:
......£2,328.95 in sterling. Now then lets add import duty @ 15% £349.34 (and i think i may be slightly generous with the rate)

The last time I looked at importing musical equipment (it was a Tascam digital mixer) the import duty on that was 3.5%.
thekeymaster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I did say I was being generous.....heheheheh

I did it to emphasize the sheer difference in pricing structure. The fact you paid only 3.5% duty just shows how much we are over paying in the UK with my Kronos example.

Re doo my figures with only 3.5% duty.!!!!!!! Shocking

Shocked

Cake Muncher
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there will be a lot of US kronos in Europe or they won't be here at all!!
dangerousdave

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got back in touch with instruments2go (who, it turns out, are A&C Hamilton, Preston) re a K-61, and was quoted a "tentative" street price of £2,599.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: