Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos voltage difference
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zahush76

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Kronos voltage difference Reply with quote

I tried looking in the product page, under specifications but couldn't find the answer.

If i get a kronos from the US (working on 110v) - could i use it with european voltage (240v)?
Is it addaptable, like on the moog or dsi products? Is there a switch \ toggle between different voltages like in the nord stage?

How does it work?
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very likely going to have a Universal PSU installed like every other KORG for the last 10+ years that does not use Wall Warts.

Regards
Sharp
RichF

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
It's very likely going to have a Universal PSU installed like every other KORG for the last 10+ years that does not use Wall Warts.

Regards
Sharp

This is correct, the power supply switches internally.

Thanks,
-Rich
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichF wrote:
Sharp wrote:

Regards
Sharp

This is correct, the power supply switches internally.

Thanks,
-Rich

You mean we just have to change the power cable and that we dont need a voltage transformer, right?
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep.
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx evil, for the first time i may consider import a keyboard from USA
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brimoore wrote:
Kronos_61_SN

The indication near the power switch says '120 V'.

Does this mean that the power supply will not accept any voltage (120/220/240) and that European Kronoi will have a specific PS?
spritz76

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Does this mean that the power supply will not accept any voltage (120/220/240) and that European Kronoi will have a specific PS?

I've visited a music store close to my home town yesterday where a Kronos 61 was being kindly demoed by Raffaele Mirabella for the Korg Day italian tour. Its serial number was ending in "002" and rated 220/240V.

It might be just because these are preproduction units, but I'm starting to wonder if the final units will really have a universal power supply.
ldascanio

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="spritz76"]
Quote:
It might be just because these are preproduction units, but I'm starting to wonder if the final units will really have a universal power supply.

Label may have to do with laws and depends on the country where the keyboard is sent initially but as Rich clarified the power supply switches automatically and it's a universal power supply. You don't need to worry about that when traveling with your keyboard.

Rgds.
OASYS 88 #000312
KRONOS 61 #003946
KORG Z1, ROLAND PK-5
dagmag

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Kronos voltage system Reply with quote

I am thinking about importing a Kronos from the US, And I am a bit concerned about the voltage system. I have read messages on this topic here in the forum, and I see that it's been said that the Kronos comes with a Universal PSU. Thus, it should function on both 110 V as well as 220-240V.
However, I asked Paul Ashe at Sam Ash Music about this, and he replied that the Kronos works on 110V only, and that I would need a transformer.
Does anyone know if I can buy and import a Kronos from the US and use it safely on a 220-240V system?

Regards
Dag
Arjan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Roland Fantom X7 also has a label saying 230V (only) near the IEC plug but it is most definitely auto-switching. Same goes for much of my other Roland equipment.

On the other hand...

Sharp wrote:
It's very likely going to have a Universal PSU installed like every other KORG for the last 10+ years that does not use Wall Warts

No trying to scare anyone but my Korg-CX3 from 2000 (actually I have version 2.0 so it might have been produced a little later) does not have an auto-switching power supply. I imported mine from the US and built a 2:1 transformer into it. I put a new label on top of the old one saying it takes 230V.

Nevertheless, I would be extremely surprised if the Kronos does not have an auto-switching power supply. It would make no sense whatsoever.
spritz76

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arjan wrote:
Nevertheless, I would be extremely surprised if the Kronos does not have an auto-switching power supply. It would make no sense whatsoever.

Demo units didn't and I suppose that final units do not as well, according to Sam Ash's rep.

Kronos-owners, could you please advise?
Keys Gear: Korg Kronos 61 #555, Yamaha CP33, Motif XS-Rack, Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard, Ensoniq SQ-1, Roland Lucina AX-09
Past Gear: Korg M3-73 + EXB-Radias + EXB-M256 + SD card mod, Yamaha TX-802, Ensoniq MR-Rack
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course we can trust what rich said earlier but a final clarification would be nice. thanx Smile
Arjan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spritz76 wrote:
Arjan wrote:

Demo units didn't and I suppose that final units do not as well, according to Sam Ash's rep.

Kronos-owners, could you please advise?

How do you know? Just from the label? That says nothing really, as I illustrated with my Roland Fantom X example.
theshinenz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just plug it in...it will detect which voltage and be fine. Fantoms are the same, motif xs is the same but Yamaha changed the XF so it doesnt auto switch for some stupid reason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: