Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos voltage difference
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arjan wrote:
How do you know? Just from the label? That says nothing really, as I illustrated with my Roland Fantom X example.

That's right. It says nothing. If it indicates '110 V', the PSU may accept 220 V as well.

But it may also *not* accept 220 V.

theshinenz wrote:
just plug it in...

I wouldn't do that without being absolutely certain that the PSU or, worse, the mobo won't be damaged...
_______

Btw, if Korg put a universal supply into the Kronos, why did they put different voltage labels on the Kronoi demo'ed in the USA and on the Kronoi demo'ed in Europe?
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

up. kronos will be there tomorrow. thanx
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just plugged in my kronos marked 120v (usa) in france (240v): no problem
kron

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed - plugged the US model into UK plug, no problem
alexmon123

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Is kronos using 2 or 3 pin power cable? Reply with quote

Can you please confirm does kronos use 3pin plug or 2 pin plug. I am experiencing minor current shock on my kronos body, when using the 2 pin plug. The keyboard is functioning perfectly fine though.

Can anyone help me out with this issue?
seapea

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Is kronos using 2 or 3 pin power cable? Reply with quote

alexmon123 wrote:
Can you please confirm does kronos use 3pin plug or 2 pin plug. I am experiencing minor current shock on my kronos body, when using the 2 pin plug. ?

Having just installed 2nd drive to my Kronos, I checked the iec 3 pin power socket, and can confirm that the earth pin is connected to Kronos metal chassis, (as indeed it should be as mains not double insulated. ) So yes a 3 pin.
FWIW, I am powering my 120V labelled Kronos on 230V. My local workshop pointed out that there was only 1 part number for a Kronos power supply. It is universal voltage in . Worked like this for almost a year.
Kronos 73 #8xx Hammond XK3C Axiom 61 Mainstage 3.32 with OMNISPHERE 2.51 AbletonLive 9.74 controlled by SETLIST MAKER on iPhone8+ Arturia V Collection Classics, Reason 10 with Reason Pianos, SonicRefills Gold + Ian McIntosh Patches, UVI Falcon, Sylenth, Giant Alicia Keys Various EASTWEST Libraries Sample Robot 5 Pro OSX Vintage Organ Pack Christian Cullen
alanjpearson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PSU is multivoltage.
I imported mine from the US and yes it says 120v but you plug in ANY IEC cable and it will work.

R
Alan

www.losendos.co.uk
johnmanoahs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject: Korg Kronos power supply India Reply with quote

Even I was confused in the beginning... The Kronos is a top notch workstation that is meant for some quality professional use. I would be very disappointed if it did not have a universal adapter.

When my Kronos 88 was being shipped from the USA, I was referring to many forums to see if I had to keep a step down transformer ready here in India. But the problem is no one knew and could confidently say you don't need one, even the Korg dealers here. Also, the step down transformers are of many types and a wrong one might also damage your precious keyboard.

I contacted the Korg USA support and got a confirmation that it is a universal adapter and I would only require the plug point convertor.

With that confidence I plugged my Kronos 88 to the 220V Indian socket and it just works fine. Keeping in mind the voltage fluctuations, a voltage stabilizer might be required but the not the step down transformer. Its just another unneeded piece in between.

HTH
John
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Kronos versions (US/DK) , use Chinese fan-less switching mode power supply module "Enhance ENO-1612 120W" which operates
safely from 80-300 volts (AC/DC or any waveform) , therefore no matter of 120/220 Volt label indication , you can use it worldwide !
Input is dipole (upper pins) plus chassis ground , no voltage stabilizer is required though the use of a cheap offline UPS will be wise
as in any computing device !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
kaplaey2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: How About KRONOS LS? Reply with quote

Hello,

I am in the same situation as most people here (sorry if the Post is old)
but thinking of importing a KRONOS LS 88 from USA > Israel

Power in the USA 110V, Power in Israel 220V will it auto-switch?
will there be any effect on the sound quality?

Thank You,
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same here 220V ...
Kronos PSU (SMPS) works from 80 to 300 volts AC as the most keyboards PSU , so do not worry ... Wink

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: