Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Community?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robinkle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Kronos Community? Reply with quote

If Korg manage to keep prices down so there will be many Kronos users, would it be possible for Korg to make a Kronos Community (like motifator.com)?
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have it already here in this section, lol. Laughing
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I have the wherewithall, I have the inclination, but unfortunately I do not have the time..." - Mr. Nightlinger - 'The Cowboys"

---------------

Motif's architecture is how old now? On how many models? I am indifferent at best not being a Motif user. Is this Yamaha's site? What does Yamaha gain by running it - customer loyalty? - marketing focus? - reduced customer service load?

If Korg re-hashes Kronos for the next 10 years... maybe Kronoscity.com. But Korg has a nasty habit of "changing the game" and improving it's line, or at least changing the name.

Seems to me Korg should throw some "grant" money to Korg Forums for doing "community" for them -- Time to sell out, Sharp! Probably wishful thinking given the usually high levels of dissent and the culture of editorial independence free of corporate censorship.

-------------------

The Nightlinger Principle holds here - all three conditions must be met. And since the Kronos "classic" not yet released, speculating on creation of a umbrella "community" would appear... premature.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
You have it already here in this section, lol. Laughing

I can't disagree with this, because the members here do exchange ideas and manage to help each other with technical questions..

But lets be clear about the difference of the Motivator forum.. there sits Bad Mister, who knows the Yammy products line, up and down and answers posts all day long in a very timely manner.
This is invaluable information that takes place on a one to one basis in a post/thread with pdfs, video and specific direction to your problems.

Stephen @ Karma-Lab also runs a tight ship and is right there to help.

While there is a great deal of info exchanged back and forth here, and is very helpful, it may not always be handled by someone who is specifically at the helm for this purpose. JMO
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The essentail thing for customers is to get direct information and feedback.

As long as Dan and Rich are present here, on the very appealing level they provide valuable information up to now, it's all fine and no other forum required at all.
Synthvalley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I have to say I have been happy with Dan and Rich's involvement and general timeliness of information (especially since we have been pushing Rich for more of the in-depth videos concerning the other eight sound engines).
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marketplace
Another thing Motifator.com has going for it is a marketplace, which definitely expands the "community" and this forum as a resource.

And perhaps its having Bad Mister, Athan Billias and Jim Polich around, which inspires a lot of expert/high-level users that are regular and strong contributors; this great level of participation might also be because of the number of Motif users and the fact that its a damn complex board to learn!

The beauty of the Motifator example is that the website is faciliatated by interested 3d parties that have their Twiddlybits to sell. It's a win win for Yamaha-
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just go there to buy fresh aura for my XS.

Some nice pianos, organs and man the Bonzo drumkit kills

Motifation enough for me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: