Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Funny quote..
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
I eagerly await the enabling of FM OPERATOR module on the PC3. It's a 2-block module that's available in there, the chips can do it and all that, but isn't enabled in the OS. That would make some things a lot easier and with less layers, I presume.

My estimation used the SAW+ -> SHAPER technique for FM, which is also two blocks, so initially it doesn't seem like that would change the figures.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least it will be easier to use with familiar ratio and mod depth parameters! Smile
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Evildragon and Dan for your very insightful posts. I've clearly under rated VAST (though always agree it sounds fabulous). But I still argue that the build quality of the keyboard / keybed of current Kurzweils (as a piano player) are a poor shadow of their past instruments up to the K2500 and are, IMO, incredibly disappointing to play. I would not buy a Kurzweil, for that reason alone, today.

Kevin.
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Ooohh I don't know.
Check out the video called Omnisphere v1.5 Demo

http://www.spectrasonics.net/products/omnisphere-videos.php

That's what you call cutting edge.

Regards
Sharp.

Wow, that demo was amazing. Very interested! But I think it'll be a true Kronos killer when it can run solely on the IPad or other tablet. Combine it with a controller in the style of the Akai synthstation and you've got some amazing capabilites for cheap.

I wonder how well it does bread and butter sounds though, 'cause the Kronos is pretty much setting a new standard; and of course, performing live, you'd need the confidence of not having latency and computer issues in general.

Randy
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
But I still argue that the build quality of the keyboard / keybed of current Kurzweils (as a piano player) are a poor shadow of their past instruments up to the K2500 and are, IMO, incredibly disappointing to play. I would not buy a Kurzweil, for that reason alone, today.

I guess it's in the eye of the beholder. Or in this case, hands. I really can't object on build quality of mine. It's really well done, and suits my playing. 88-key K-series workstations were 7 kg heavier. No thanks. Laughing
Citizen Klaus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
For instance, if I understand correctly, to velocity-switch between 8 different multisamples on a PC3, you'd use 8 layers. On the OASYS and KRONOS, you can do this with a single "Oscillator." Using both "Osc" in a Program, you can switch between 16 different Multisamples. Throw Wave Sequences in the mix, and you can switch between 64 Multisamples for *each* of those 16 layers...

Just curious... if I'm reading the OASYS manual correctly, it seems that HD-1 has 4 velocity zones per oscillator, as on the M3. So how is it possible to get 8 multisamples per single-oscillator program -- and is this a trick that also works in the M3's EDS engine?
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Citizen Klaus wrote:
danatkorg wrote:
For instance, if I understand correctly, to velocity-switch between 8 different multisamples on a PC3, you'd use 8 layers. On the OASYS and KRONOS, you can do this with a single "Oscillator." Using both "Osc" in a Program, you can switch between 16 different Multisamples. Throw Wave Sequences in the mix, and you can switch between 64 Multisamples for *each* of those 16 layers...

Just curious... if I'm reading the OASYS manual correctly, it seems that HD-1 has 4 velocity zones per oscillator, as on the M3. So how is it possible to get 8 multisamples per single-oscillator program -- and is this a trick that also works in the M3's EDS engine?

Sorry, I misspoke re the OASYS. The KRONOS's HD-1 has 8 MS per Osc; the OASYS HD-1 has 4.

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: