Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

microsampler and footcontroller ( fcb1010 )

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dandriver

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: microsampler and footcontroller ( fcb1010 ) Reply with quote

Hello, I consider buying a microsampler. But I would like to know if I can control it with a foot controller (trigger samples, start sampling, etc). I have a fcb1010, so it would be great if it works with that.
Or can somebody recommend another foot controller?
Thanks in advance!
dandriver

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anybody?
dandriver

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I post this, because I hope it will help some people here also:

I read on a post from the user "Horvath" that the microsampler can be controlled via sysex messages.
see the post here:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=55884&sid=816cfbabf61f1cd7f3dda51c2fc11931
He shows the format of the sysex messages in his post:

Quote:
Almost every sample or FX parameter is controlled via corresponding SysEx message. For example:

F0 42 30 7F 41 (10) 00 15 00 (3F) 00 F7 (set decay 63 for very first sample)
F0 42 30 7F 41 50 00 10 00 (10) 00 F7 (set FX depth to 16)

Now I found out that the FCB1010 can enable a "sysex send" mode, if you installt eh UNO-firmware from http://ossandust.be/
The message format shown in the uno users guide looks very similar:
Quote:
10. SYSEX MODE for PC1..5, CC1..2

Each of the 7 PC and CC messages, linked to a patch, can be set in “SYSEX” mode.
When this mode is activated, the FCB does not send out the standard PC or CC
message; Instead, a sysex byte-stream is sent with following format :

- “F0-id1-id2-id3-[PC number]-F7” in case of a PC
- “F0-id1-id2-id3-[CC number]-[CC value]-F7” in case of a CC

http://ossandust.be/files/FCB_UnO_v1_0_2_UserGuide.pdf

I thus think the FCB1010 can be programmed somehow to control the Microsampler, but I did not buy the Microsampler yet.

Maybe somebody is interested to try this out.

Also, I did not find in Horvat's post, if it is also possible to control things like start/stop a sample.. He is mostly referring to effects control.
Horvath

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to your quote about FCB1010 and UNO-firmware, its sysex support is yet somewhat limited.

First of all, think out what you want to control. In order. Discover corresponding messages from my descriptions and try to send them using FCB1010 (you can check them in MIDI-OX or any other MIDI-monitoring software). That's all.

Samples are triggered by note messages, on and off.
Gear: Kaossilator, KP3, R3, Wavedrum, microSampler, padKontrol, PX4D | Shure WH20, Godin ACS-SA, Fernandes Tremor 5X, Boss RC-50, Roland GR-20, Novation Zero SL MkII, Emagic AMT8, Soundcraft Compact 10
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bome's MIDI Translator would work great for this

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
bsnrich

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: microsampler and footcontroller ( fcb1010 ) Reply with quote

dandriver wrote:
Hello, I consider buying a microsampler. But I would like to know if I can control it with a foot controller (trigger samples, start sampling, etc). I have a fcb1010, so it would be great if it works with that.
Thanks in advance!

I wasn't able to use the fcb1010 directly, I used a midisolutions event processor plus to map midi note on from the fcb1010 to NRPG commands to change patterns 1-16 and to activate record and sample. I was able to also activate the audio in and the resample bottons. Could not access the play botton, since there is no information on activating it via midi. If anybody know the message needed to activate it, please post it here! I could really use this information. Thanks!
The_Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: microsampler and footcontroller ( fcb1010 ) Reply with quote

dandriver wrote:
Thanks in advance!

Hello.
Two years later - I got the same question) Got a microsampler - great machine, but need some fot controc just to start prepared samples (no fx controll or something more)...have you found a solution?Tnx...
bsnrich

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: controlling the microsampler with FC-1010 via MS EPP Reply with quote

Go to youtube and search:

rikochetti

There's a video showing the midi foot controller FC-1010 used to trigger the patterns via the midi solutions event processor plus. I sent the programming to the midi solutions web page and they made it available to the public.
bobbyquine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, did you ever find out the play command?

Would I even need it if I slave the MS to another sequencer?

Sorry Im trying to work this stuff out before i buy...

Thanks

B
bsnrich

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Play comand Reply with quote

bobbyquine wrote:
Hi, did you ever find out the play command?

Would I even need it if I slave the MS to another sequencer?

Sorry Im trying to work this stuff out before i buy...

Thanks

B

No play command found, only way is to hardwire, a physical modification to solder a plug for a play switch, not the best option, my opinion.
bobbyquine

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ok thanks... I went ahead and bought one anyway.
By the way, for this kind of remapping there is a great ipad app called mididesigner pro. It's got a feature called pedal boards that allows you to remap midi controllers.
DeadVolume

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can just send CC# messages to accomplish all of the NRPN functions such as record and pattern change.
All can be done with the FCB1010.

Look at the table on page 46 of the microsampler manual under 'About MIDI messages' point 5. NRPN messages

First send over CC#99 with a value of 32 (this only needs to de done once when you power the sampler up and is the MSB value in the table).

Program the FCB1010 pedals to send out CC#98 with a value corresponding to the LSB column on the table (you want the value which is NOT in brackets), this will specify which function will operate when CC#6 is received (the value of #6 corresponds to the last column on the table)

You can transmit two CC# per FCB1010 pedal, so with #98 on slot one and #6 on slot two you 'should' be able to switch functions without having to send #98 and #6 separately.

For example if I wanted to press the record button using the pedal I would send:
CC#99 = 032
CC#98 = 002

then every time the microsampler receives CC#6 = 127 the record button will operate.

If I then wanted to switch to patterns:
CC#98 = 001
Then CC#6 will change patterns depending on what value of CC#6 is received (see the table).

Hope this helps...
(Just make sure the footcontroller is sending MIDI data to the microsampler's global MIDI channel.)
padKONTROL
electrolegs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys - I know this is an old thread but it's exactly what I am dealing with now.

Does anyone have any insight into programming the FCB1010 and Event Processor with the Microsamplers efx section?

All I want is 5 options for efx (stompbox mode)

Eg; set one to be delay on /off - reverb on / off etc..

There is this thread
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=55884

where the poster details the sysex he used but it has me stumped. Is there anyone out there that can help me program this thing with efx?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: