Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how about a "0" or"none"prg. for kronos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
Or, if you're not sequencing and we're only talking about Program mode, just turn down the volume!

Actually, admittedly I use this one most often! Laughing Laughing Laughing
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My >"0"< + >ENTER< has always been to default to the best piano I've got on the board, I suspect that when I get a Kronos that will still hold true, even in set list mode - top left button will be piano on all set lists.

---------------

If we're done shooting spitballs at one another, one thing that always bugged me about Kurz, and Roland and Yamaha for that matter, was the fact that higher numbers were scroll down, I want to twist to right to get higher numbers like a volume knob (yay Korg!). Any way to adjust that feature, or is it a case of "use it enough and it will seem natural"?

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billbaker wrote:
If we're done shooting spitballs at one another, one thing that always bugged me about Kurz, and Roland and Yamaha for that matter, was the fact that higher numbers were scroll down, I want to twist to right to get higher numbers like a volume knob (yay Korg!). Any way to adjust that feature, or is it a case of "use it enough and it will seem natural"?

Eh? Turning the alpha dial to right definitely selects higher numbered patches...
jemkeys25

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm mearly trying to point out some nice features of kurzweil that i've been using for 25 years, thats all, it's not a competition, i plan on having a kronos, and a kurzweil, both boards are great IMHO, again, i'm talking live playing, not studio where it doesn't matter, trying to avoid extra steps between songs, one right into the next, on the beat, turning down the volume requires an extra step, where i can hit channel down once to midi channel 16, where program "0" is, and controll my other board, not that complicated, I don't have to program anything, kurzweil already did it for me.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jemkeys25 wrote:
I'm mearly trying to point out some nice features of kurzweil that i've been using for 25 years, thats all, it's not a competition, i plan on having a kronos, and a kurzweil, both boards are great IMHO, again, i'm talking live playing, not studio where it doesn't matter, trying to avoid extra steps between songs, one right into the next, on the beat, turning down the volume requires an extra step, where i can hit channel down once to midi channel 16, where program "0" is, and controll my other board, not that complicated, I don't have to program anything, kurzweil already did it for me.

Sounds like a great application for Combis and Set Lists. One button-press (or tap on a foot switch) and you're done.

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're playing live I assume you would be using Set List rather than digging through a bunch of programs/combis. In Set List mode you would just create a Silent program and touch it when needed from the touch screen.

Busch.
jemkeys25

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, no set list, the band leader calls whatever he feels like playing at that moment, so the set is very fluid, I like korg and kurzweil keyboards,i'm more talking live applications little things that help in a musically fluid situation, korg already added the hold feature to kronos, witch is a great feature to have live, and on a screen so large maybe they can add an octave +/-, a transpose +/-, midi channel +/- to the main screen as a hadrwired feature to my future kronos 61 thats all.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jemkeys25 wrote:
nope, no set list, the band leader calls whatever he feels like playing at that moment, so the set is very fluid,

KRONOS Set Lists have an order, but they also allow selection of sounds out of order. Check it out; I think that's what most would use for this application.

How many different sounds are you using in this band?

jemkeys25 wrote:
maybe they can add an octave +/-, a transpose +/-, midi channel +/- to the main screen as a hadrwired feature to my future kronos 61 thats all.

Octave +/- and Transpose I understand, and I agree that these could be useful. What's the specific application for MIDI channel +/-?

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
X-Trade

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always create a combi in the first slot in which all of the timbres are switched to 'off'. MIDI is still transmitted on the global channel.
Additionally I've got another combi which has only an EXT timbre set to channel 11, for playing just my Radias.

Korg's combis are actually pretty good for setting up external control situations. You can incorporate KARMA and other neat tricks too. One thing I use a bit for example is assigning a knob to control the Damper CC so that I can hold notes indefinitely.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
What's the specific application for MIDI channel +/-?

Kurzweils load 16 programs when in Program mode (for multitimbral applications), one for each MIDI channel. You use Chan/Layer up/down buttons to switch between those channels.
Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just overwrite your 00 program to use empty ram multisample. That isit to get 0 program by deafault on everything, if that is what you need. Don't forget Korg workstations let you customize all programs, even the preloaded ones. I have overwritten the default piano sound with harmonium sampled sound, so I et harmonium on all new tracks automatically.
DaveBoulden

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this has already been asked elsewhere, but can a Combi transmit program changes to external equipment?
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, for a couple of decades already.
DaveBoulden

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
Yes, for a couple of decades already.

I was, of course, asking specifically about the Kronos' implementation. Rolling Eyes
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, of course it can do that - OASYS could.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: