Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why are Romplers frowned upon?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are romplers frowned upon???there just simply another device to express your musical talent,for me they give you easier and cheaper access to the types of sounds you would need vast amounts of either cash to record or hire in or large sample data to at least mimic.

I've encountered the same sort of snobbery from other Electronic musicians I've met because I don't use a computer for sequencing music....and how they tell me how much better the music making would be if I used a Computer...Well yes probably but I have ten fingers so would rather make use of them than feel like a cripple simply using one finger to tweak,Romplers work for me because I can express myself more than I can on a PC there is simply not the same physiciality or stability using a computer.

I couldn't care less if someone else hates a certain device,you use the devices that suit you and screw everyone else..

Last edited by Kontrol49 on Sun May 01, 2011 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROMplers can certainly have their parameters modified. Some can not. They still can not load new samples.

Some examples:
-Korg KARMA
-Korg X50
-Korg M50

The problem I have personally is more that any sample based instrument can not vary its sound based on an infinitely (or at least infinitesimally) continuous value. Electric pianos for example which I have 'modelled' on the Radias are considerably more expressive than something with four or even eight velocity layers.
Similarly an abundance of parameters allows for programming aftertouch response, pedal, other additional controllers, etc, to make the sound more interesting and expressive. Filtering and amplitude modulation are okay but are only a close approximation of what might happen to a real instrument.

(okay, well, almost. The MDS in Kronos' EP-1 looks like a good example of something which does not have this limitation in expression)
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: