Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When will the user guide(s) be put onto the Korg website?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RKfan

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: When will the user guide(s) be put onto the Korg website? Reply with quote

With the shipping of the Kronos being in the next few weeks, does any one (Rich F??) have any idea when the manuals would be made available on the web so we can have something to read till the ships actually make it to Europe?

I have downloaded the Oasys ones but would guess that due to the new and better integration of the engines (and enhancements over old versions of the engines) that there will be some significant new things to learn about.
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I check the Korg support area almost daily looking the manuals to be posted, Wink

Maybe this is Korgs way of keeping up my visits to thier web site. Smile

I ordered my Kronos (61) just last week, can hardly contain the excitement.

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
RKfan

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking every other day...

I wont order till I see a realistic EU price and have had a chance to play one (can't understand people that have ordered sight unseen, must take a lot of faith).
MidnightPackage

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RKfan wrote:
I'm looking every other day... I wont order till I see a realistic EU price and have had a chance to play one (can't understand people that have ordered sight unseen, must take a lot of faith).

Or a 45-day satisfaction guaranteed return policy, with no restocking fee Smile

Besides, with Korg's track record, you know it will be awesome.
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RKfan wrote:
(can't understand people that have ordered sight unseen, must take a lot of faith)

Not hard to understand, based on US prices. It's a real bang for buck there. I'll probably order from there and have it delivered overseas.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RKfan wrote:

I wont order till I see a realistic EU price and have had a chance to play one (can't understand people that have ordered sight unseen, must take a lot of faith).

I understand where you're coming from here and I'm sure that a lot of buyers are doing just that.
But the Oasys was in stores for years now and many have played it and more or less know what to expect.

Being a previous O owner, I'm ecstatic because I will use Kronos in my home studio and am happy to be getting a follow up to the O in a smaller package with even more toys than it had. (61)
Not to mention the audio quality that it provides is quite beautiful. Very Happy
ScottB601

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, once they release the manuals, a GREAT way to get them in print form is to go here:

https://www.fedex.com/us/office/copyprint/online/print/packages/manual.html?lid=printow_presentationsmanuals_manuals

and order up printed manuals that are wirebound with a vinyl cover. I've used this for all of the Oasys manuals and the system works great here in the US. You have to split the massive pdfs into sections - I think I had four sections aka four manuals for the Oasys, but that can be done with a bit of trickery.
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lou wrote:
I understand where you're coming from here and I'm sure that a lot of buyers are doing just that.
But the Oasys was in stores for years now and many have played it and more or less know what to expect.

That's perfectly right, but there's still one thing that I feel I must check with my own ears: does the Kronos sound (at least) as good as an Oasys? And I also feel the need to sit in front of the keyboard and to play it before adopting it.
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:
...it's been confirmed that the DAC's in KRONOS are EXACTLY the same as the OASYS...

but, unless I missed it, I've got no answer to this question:

EXer wrote:
Could someone at Korg please confirm that no cost compromise has been made on the output stage (downstream from the DACs) between Oasys and Kronos?
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:
There aren't as many Outputs on the KRONOS and you only have two balanced TRS inputs, leaving out the two Mic Preamps.
Almost accurate. But you still get the Mic Pres inside the Kronos, but the plugs are simply TRS instead of XLR.

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I'll bite:
absolute b0ll0cks Sina.

A mic pre doesn't have to have phantom power. There are many mics (such as Dynamic mics) that do not need 48V. Many do have Phantom to make them more versatile.

But to break it down as to WHY you can have it -

TRS *can* have phantom power as it is merely a physical connection - +ve, -ve & earth. Phantom runs down pins 1 & 2 (or Tip & Ring) or in the case of an XLR -

e(X)ternal - Earth (Pin 1)
Live - +ve (hot) (Pin 2)
Return - -ve (cold) (Pin 3)

Tip is +ve
Ring is -ve
Sleeve is Earth.

Same principle.

As to the implementation is Kronos, until we see it (or ask Dan etc) - watch this space.

Edited to add if you don't believe me look at THIS LINK
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The manuals should really become available sometime soon IMHO.
It just would be helpful to get a first overview some time before actually using them with a Kronos.

Else the European prices and availability are UTTERLY OVERDUE.
Meanwhile I have ZERO understanding left for that user unfriendly nonsense. And NOBODY I talked with here, from resellers and online stores up to customers, does accept it any longer or does see any excuse for such a bad behavior.

Does Korg really want to annoy European potential customers even more than already done, and go on playing silly waiting games with them???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: