Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What does the OASYS have on KRONOS?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, by the time Kronos gets released, it could well be classed as a vintage synth!! Laughing
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been toying with the idea of not buying the Kronos after all, at least not for a while, and getting some other "essentials" first. I thought I could get a used SY77 for the FM stuff, use the Kurz PC3 for a combo of meat n potatoes and outer-space baby Synclavier sounds, the Origin for huge "vintage" modular and CS-80 textures, the M3 and Radias for my KORG fixes, Fantom for my Roland needs, Motif for the Yamaha, yadda yadda... and with the whole pile all running, I would have a pretty imposing synth arsenal with plenty of polyphony available. I could either build a music PC and get my own DAW, or use the landlord's Mac and Pro Tools. There is something appealing about an old school rock synth arsenal, using what I have, rather than resorting to buying the very best to provide a boost.

And then I keep thinking, "Yeeaaahhh, but..."

The Kronos wouldn't just be the most powerful keyboard instrument ever, even this end of a real Synclavier. I have no doubt that the sound will also be huge, deep, spacious, and provide instant inspiration. Way beyond the instant inspiration the M3 and Radias gave me. And with a synth-tacular prog rock project bouncing around in my head, I could use more inspiration. Plus, it would replace quite a few things in the arsenal, reducing programming and arranging workload.

Plus, I would really hate to have to redo a bunch of tracks, maybe even entirely different arrangements, when the Kronos finally came along. And I have little doubt that music would spring from the keys when I touched it. It happens with every purchase I make, and this would be one hell of a purchase.

Maybe I should just work on mastering this VAST synth I bought recently, and hash out some ideas in preparation for the Mothership landing in June...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: